Your Steak Is Getting Cheaper at the Supermarket

Go try and buy some king crab legs that used to be 20 bucks a pound.
They're pushing $80 now.
Same with Red Snapper,we just paid $31.85 per pound when it was $15.00 bucks before your messiah took over.
Awww.... poor retard. Doesn't make enough to have a good meal.

What are you doing here wasting your time? Go get a job, retard.

So, when prices go down, we are dumb to celebrate? And you retards wonder why people laugh at you.

When it gets back to where it was before Biden fucked everything up, then you can celebrate. All you're doing now is embarrassing yourself because you're too dumb to do basic math.

Depends on the eggs.
We dont buy the cheap ones since we dont eat a whole lot of eggs.
The good ones will run you $7 bucks but they taste like eggs used to taste like.

What are "the good ones"?

Eggs at either Publix or the Navy Commissary are all under four bucks a dozen. There are none more expensive than that...

When it gets back to where it was before Biden fucked everything up, then you can celebrate. All you're doing now is embarrassing yourself because you're too dumb to do basic math.
Awww... I know you trumptards hurt when America does well. My sympathies. :itsok:

You have been pounding salt up Biden's ass ever since he began destroying this country. It amounts to the same thing.
Sure, retard. Now, go have a nice cry because the economy is doing well. My thoughts and prayers. :itsok:

Last edited:
Beef is getting cheaper, bringing some economic relief to U.S. consumers.

Prices of beef, typically among the costliest grocery store purchases, are falling after more than a year of increases, as consumer demand softens for some cuts. Supplies are improving due to better staffing at meat plants, and supermarkets are offering more discounts on rib-eye, New York strip and other often-expensive products.

Retail beef prices fell 0.7% for the four-week period ended Aug. 7, compared with the same period a year ago, according to data from research firm Information Resources Inc. That decline came after beef prices fell 1% during the prior four-week period, which was the first monthly decline since June 2021. U.S. retail beef prices hadn't fallen for two straight months in over a year and a half, though they remain at historically high levels.

Prices for rib-eye and beef loin are down nearly 10% for the four weeks ended Aug. 7 compared with a year ago, while brisket decreased about 18%.

Howard Radziminsky, a retiree who lives in Scottsdale, Ariz., said he recently bought rib-eye for $5.97 a pound and New York strip steaks for $4.77 a pound. Mr. Radziminsky, who follows a protein-heavy diet and eats red meat five to six days a week, said he hadn’t seen rib-eye sell for under $6 a pound in a while.

“Promotional prices have come back to where they were two years ago,” he said. “I always eat red meat. I’m happy.”

Steak and cheap should not be used in the same sentence. Poor families are struggling to put food on the table since Bidenomics has afflicted the country.

While I despise Biden more than most; there are still limits to the things any President can do, or be held solely responsible for. A lot of the supply chain issues can be traced back to the Covid scam. And the system still hasn't recovered. And while we may see a price decrease in the immediate term due to flooding of the market by panicked ranchers; the availability of beef in the coming year is likely to suffer a bottle neck due to farmers selling off much earlier than they otherwise would have.

While I agree, Xi's Biden Regime has exasperated the supply chain problems exponentially.

In California, Kim Jong Newsom took some bribes from the Teamsters and outlawed independent owner operated trucks, which has a devastating impact on the supply chain.

This is on top of the Biden move to end employment. The labor shortage is massive, and the importation of millions of illegal aliens does nothing to alleviate it. We need truckers and logistics workers, not more gardeners. Add in the massive increase in fuel cost and we have the perfect storm of the Biden supply chain crash.

Actually, retard. It's news. They are quoting numbers. But, hey, if you don't believe, prove them wrong. Go.

Some of the prices they are quoting are simply absurd.

$4.77 for New York Strip?

Bullshit.

SOME chains may run a loss leader at $4.77 for bone in, but Strip runs $11.99 pound for choice even at discount places.

Home » What is a Good Price For » What is a Good Price for New York Strip Steak?

WHAT IS A GOOD PRICE FOR NEW YORK STRIP STEAK?​

Published: Apr 19, 2022 · Modified: Apr 19, 2022 by Eric Samuelson

Are you a New York Strip steak fan? Let us show you what a good value for one is, with a list of how much they cost at different grocery stores. Also tips on how to cook them and where to get high quality steaks that can be shipped to your front door.
A raw NY Strip steak with a layer of fat on top, sitting on a piece of butcher paper and string. A small sign next to the steak says N.Y. Strip.

This post includes affiliate links. This means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. These are products and services I recommend because I use or trust them. Cookies will be used to track the affiliate links you click.
New York, New York
You are associated with a lot of things.
Tall buildings. Lots of people. Evil baseball team. Apples. And of course the New York Strip Steak.
This popular cut of beef is found everywhere, not just in the city that never sleeps.
How much money should you be laying down to enjoy this hunk of beef? This post is to guide you to paying a good price for a good New York Strip steak. And no you don't have to pay New York housing prices.
Jump to:

❓ WHAT IS A NEW YORK STRIP STEAK?​

A New York Strip Steak comes from the short loin. This is great real estate to get a chunk of beef. The short loin is located at the center of the back of the cow. This area gets less work by the cow during it's life, which means the meat from that region is more tender than from the neck or end of the cow.
The steak may be sold boneless or bone-in.
A package of two Angus USDA Choice New York strip steaks at the grocery store. The price is $11.97 a pound.

🗽 WHY IS IT CALLED A NEW YORK STRIP STEAK?​

Why is it a New York Strip Steak? The story begins in 1837. A resturant named Delmonico's openeded in Manhattan. Delmonico's served a steak from the short loin that was called a Delmonico steak - still is sometimes. Due to it's New York locale the steak got a reputation as being a New York strip steak. The name stuck.
In some Midwestern states you may find the same cut called a Kansas City strip steak. You may think it's sacrilegious to refer to the strip steak as a New York strip steak.
Some other names you may see are strip loin steak, top loin steak, or just "strip steak".
New York strip steaks in an opened package with 4 steaks in them. The steaks are covered in kosher salt.
You can save money on strip steaks if you buy them in a "value pack" or "family pack".

💲 HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?​

Want to see how much these steaks cost at many different grocery stores? Here is a list below. These prices were taken in the first half of 2022. Steaks are all choice grade unless otherwise indicated.
Winco$14.47/lb (no strip steak in name)
Vons bone-in$12.99/lb
Vons boneless$13.99/lb
Costco$9.99/lb
Gelson's Grass Fed$37.99/lb
Stater Bros Select$8.99/lb
Food4Less$9.99/lb
Walmart Angus$11.97/lb
Walmart Angus Thin$14.97/lb
Walmart Grass Fed$15.97/lb
ALDI$13.59/lb
Trader Joe's$11.99/lb
Trader Joe's Angus$18.99/lb
Grocery Bargain Outlet2 pack for $7.99 for 14 oz
Meijer Angus$13.99/lb
Wegman's Family Pack Boneless$10.49/lb
HEB Value Pack Boneless$10.27/lb
Central Market Prime$31.99/lb
Hannaford Boneless$13.99/lb
Sprouts Boneless$13.99/lb

Everything $10 or less is bone in.

Awww.... poor retard. Doesn't make enough to have a good meal.

What are you doing here wasting your time? Go get a job, retard.

I retired at 46 ya demwit. Everything I have is paid off and has been paid off for years.
From a 5k square foot custom home on the sixth fairway in a master planned community to our vehicles SxS and camper.
We can afford to pay bidens exorbitant prices on gas and food.
It's the poor who suffer and you dont give a shit.
I thought dems were for the little man and the middle class,what happened?

It sure as heck isn't going down where I shop!! A local guy actually yelled when he saw the pricetag on a brisket of corned beef ----$52. I went and looked myself.

Wegmans has a cooler full of pairs of steaks covered with coarse-crushed black pepper: $53 per package of TWO.

That was the right side: I was afraid to look at the left side, those pairs of steaks were thicker.

I do not believe you are correct about beef being cheaper! I paid $6 a pound for hamburger, 80% fat.

Forum List

Back