Want to save some money and eat better than the liberal elitist royalty?

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Give Joe Biden's "Bidenomics" economy a hearty "fuck you" and check out the Amish dent & bent stores if you have any in your location. I'll say one thing for those inbred Amish folks, they know how to wheel and deal. We have five or six Amish stores that I know of, here in SW Wisconsin. They go by the name of "Amish Walmarts", "Amish Supermarkets", or "Amish Dent & Bent Stores."

Their prices are usually half or one-third of what you'd pay retail, and they have a wide variety of goods. Many of the items haven't even passed the expiration dates but a lot of what has expired is usually still good. I bought a whole 20" by 16" by 10" box full of goodies for only $24 dollars today. Included were four 33.8 ounce cartons of Goya mango and peach nectar for 75 cents (retail $2.99 apiece), a 2 pound bag of American Beauty extra wide egg noodles for $1.75 (retail $16.94), two 16 ounce packages of Rao's spaghetti for 85 cents apiece (retail $2.72 each at Walmart), Ranch Style Beans for 50 cents a can (retail $1.67 per can), and the stuff I really like: several cans of Delallo rad clam sauce for 60 cents per can (retail $3.,95 per can.) There was a whole shitload of other stuff in the box, that I won't list. But it was all cheaper than you'd have to pay if you bought it at a supermarket.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg
a4.jpg
amish1.jpg
amish2.jpg
amish3.jpg

I shop at local farmers markets... great produce and meat and eggs at lower costs....

I shop at local farmers markets... great produce and meat and eggs at lower costs....

I did that too on my journey today Three big fat slicer tomatoes for $1.00 and some big green peppers. The lady that sells her garden stuff is like a German Baptist or a Mennonite. She also had huge sand-grown watermelons for $3.99

My food cost is pretty low because I buy very little meat. I get all the deer and pork for free. I look out for stuff on sale.

Remember a couple months ago when eggs got up to $3 per dozen in the stores? I was buying big brown eggs from the Amish for $1.25 per dozen back then.

The FDA would have had a shit fit if they had known those folks were selling them. And I didn't even come down with the dreaded Avian Flu.

Forum List

Back