Small ways to save money add up

DukeU

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2020
South Carolina
With the cost of everything rising, it's time to discuss simple ways to save. Besides choosing not to spend on certain things like entertainment, dining out, etc. there are many cost saving ideas we can be taking advantage of, on things we have to have.

I know many of you have some great examples, let's hear them.

Cut dryer sheets in half and re-use them.

Money-saving tip: Reuse dryer sheets - CSMonitor.com

Great idea less the racism.

Racism does explain the almost complete lack of greeting card offerings for MLK Jr. Day ... it's said Hallmark invented Mother's Day as a way to sell cards, but they refuse to issue the same for MLK Jr Day? ...

Tempting me to hijack ... shame on you ...

Children and refrigerators are a bad mix ... make the rule that no child can open it unless they prepare a snack for EVERYBODY in the house ... I saved better than $30 a month with that rule alone ... fucking selfish teenagers ...

Buy a 1/4 steer a year from your local rancher instead of the store bought meats.
getting ready to do just that, was checking prices last night and average for a full beef is almost 5 grand including butcher fees,, I am going to ask what a cow on the hoof delivered costs

Any sugary drinks like fruit juice or gatorade, dilute 50% with water. It will still be sweet and last twice as long. Stop buying soft drinks, they are really bad for you and expensive. Make a big pot of chili. You'll have leftovers for days and if you use lean meat it's fairly healthy.

With the cost of everything rising, it's time to discuss simple ways to save. Besides choosing not to spend on certain things like entertainment, dining out, etc. there are many cost saving ideas we can be taking advantage of, on things we have to have.

I know many of you have some great examples, let's hear them.

Cut dryer sheets in half and re-use them.

Money-saving tip: Reuse dryer sheets - CSMonitor.com

You can totally tear dryer sheets in half. (One use, though.) It works JUST as well and there is less smell. I've been doing it for --- well, several decades; a friend suggested it and I tried it and have done it ever since.

Wow!, that is super high. I got 1/4 steer for 500 + processing. Worked out to 3.75 a #, and it's Angus.
I need to check around but last night the wife saw a site that said about 3.75 LB then another 1.10 or so for processing and they had an average of 1200lbs on the hoof,
so thats about 5 bucks on a 1000 lb cow... 5 grand,,

like I said I am going to call some farms direct and other than the bandsaw I have no problem doing a cow myself,,

getting ready to do just that, was checking prices last night and average for a full beef is almost 5 grand including butcher fees,, I am going to ask what a cow on the hoof delivered costs
You know, I have never bought a beef. Raised two pigs once; the deal was the butcher got one and I got the other, cut up and wrapped for the freezer.

Every kind of poultry and rabbit there is, and I mean EVERY kind. But those, I butchered.

Forum List

Back