Would YOU support a Presidential candidate who held that Sharia Law superseded the U.S.Constitution?

Clearly I don't- since I advocate treating all candidates the same regardless of their religion.
You're disagreeing with what Carson didn't say.
You;re agreeing with what he did.
Thank you.
Do you believe every candidate should be required to declare that he or she believes the Constitution supercedes his or her own religious beliefs in matters of government?
Given your responses here, I believe that you agree with Carson said and take issue with what he did not say.
:dunno:
Given your responses here, you seem determined to put words in my mouth.
Where did I put words on your mouth?
You agree with what he said.
You take issue with the fact that he did not apply it across all religions - you take issue with that he did not say.
Where am I wrong?

Where did I say I agree with what he said?

And avoid any substance yourself

Do you believe every candidate should be required to declare that he or she believes the Constitution supercedes his or her own religious beliefs in matters of government?

There is no "penalty" for violating Sharia. I violate Sharia every single day, and yet I've never been penalized for it.
Why did you lie about being "done" here?
I didn't say I was "done here", I said I wasn't going to jump through your silly hoops.
Ah.
Well, until you meet the requirement I laid out, directly related to you supporting your claim, I have no interest in what you have to say,
Have a nice day.

:lol:

Whatever will I do without your nuggets of wisdom?

Why did you respond to my post, then?
This shooter guy is ridiculous, you can present him everything he asks for and hell continually say you don't meet his requirements.

I've noticed.

It's a high school level debate tactic, I see it all the time - build a straw man, and then reject any responses that don't fit directly into it while attempting to take a moral high-ground.

It's supposed to look intelligent and righteous, while still allowing the person to ignore any arguments that they don't have a response for.

Yes it is. The 10 commandments directly conflict with our laws.
What is the penalty for violating the specifically religious tenets of the 10 commandments?
What is the penalty for violating Shahira law?
There you go.
Depends on the Commandment.
Taking the Lords name in vain the penalty is execution
Really? Where? Here?
It is right there in the Bible.
So... nowhere in the modern Christian / Jewish world.
Thank you.

Just as nowhere in the modern Christian/Jewish world is Islamic law enforced.

Why did you lie about being "done" here?
I didn't say I was "done here", I said I wasn't going to jump through your silly hoops.
Ah.
Well, until you meet the requirement I laid out, directly related to you supporting your claim, I have no interest in what you have to say,
Have a nice day.

This shooter guy is ridiculous, you can present him everything he asks for and hell continually say you don't meet his requirements.

I've noticed.

It's a high school level debate tactic, I see it all the time - build a straw man, and then reject any responses that don't fit directly into it while attempting to take a moral high-ground.

It's supposed to look intelligent and righteous, while still allowing the person to ignore any arguments that they don't have a response for.
If I don't know how to properly respond to an argument, I at least attempt to...

You're disagreeing with what Carson didn't say.
You;re agreeing with what he did.
Thank you.
Given your responses here, I believe that you agree with Carson said and take issue with what he did not say.
You take issue with the fact that he did not apply it across all religions - you take issue with that he did not say.
Where am I wrong?
"I would not support any candidate who claims that he or she would follow his or her religion before the Constitution- or that any 'law' is 'supreme' over the U.S. Constitution"
This is what Carson said, save that he specified Muslims and Shaira law.

Ah.
Have a nice day.

I've noticed.

If I don't know how to properly respond to an argument, I at least attempt to...

I don't claim to be personally free of those sorts of poor argument habits - but I try to catch myself as much as possible.

What is the penalty for violating the specifically religious tenets of the 10 commandments?
What is the penalty for violating Shahira law?
There you go.
Depends on the Commandment.
Taking the Lords name in vain the penalty is execution
Really? Where? Here?
It is right there in the Bible.
So... nowhere in the modern Christian / Jewish world.
Thank you.
Just as nowhere in the modern Christian/Jewish world is Islamic law enforced.
But,. Sharia law is enforced in certain parts of the Muslim world -- correct?

Ah.
Have a nice day.

I've noticed.

I don't claim to be personally free of those sorts of poor argument habits - but I try to catch myself as much as possible.
Yeah, I have some bad habits.. Once I'm pissed, my arguments are all over the place.

I rest my case. I showed you mountains of evidence connecting the rise of labor organization and workplace unrest to government regulations aimed at helping laborers, you claim I show no connection. You're a fucking idiot.
As I said:
Your problem of course, is not that you will not admit that you failed, but you do not understand that you failed
Thank you for proving it.
Again.

Where am I wrong?
"I would not support any candidate who claims that he or she would follow his or her religion before the Constitution- or that any 'law' is 'supreme' over the U.S. Constitution"

No, this is what Carson said:

"I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that"

Yeah, I know you said you're not going to respond to me. Good for you. That doesn't mean I'm not going to respond to you.

I rest my case. I showed you mountains of evidence connecting the rise of labor organization and workplace unrest to government regulations aimed at helping laborers, you claim I show no connection. You're a fucking idiot.
As I said:
Your problem of course, is not that you will not admit that you failed, but you do not understand that you failed
Again.
:lalala:

As I said:
Again.
It doesn't matter how much you laugh at the fact you do not understand that you failed to show your necessary relationship - - it remains a fact.

As I said:
Again.
It doesn't matter how much you laugh at the fact you do not understand that you failed to show your necessary relationship - - it remains a fact.
:trolls:

Where am I wrong?

And avoid any substance yourself

Where am I wrong?

No, this is what Carson said:

"I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that"

Yeah, I know you said you're not going to respond to me. Good for you. That doesn't mean I'm not going to respond to you.

Yeah- he is pretty good at trying to put words in people's mouths- not so willing (or able) to take any position himself.

Still waiting for him to answer a simple question.

As I said:
Again.
:trolls:
I'm sorry you do not like the fat that you do not understand that you failed to show your necessary relationship.
Nothing I can do about that.

Where am I wrong?
I quoted what you said.
This is what Carson said, save that he specified Muslims and Shaira law
How does what you said NOT agree with him?

Oh look.. someone thinks that shouting will get them what they want.

Are you going to stop your feet as well?
Required by... whom?

Where am I wrong?
I quoted what you said.
Required by... whom?

Do you believe every candidate should be required, in order to be elected, to declare that he or she believes the Constitution supercedes his or her own religious beliefs in matters of government?

Where am I wrong?
I quoted what you said.
Required by... whom?
I'll ask again
Required by whom?

I quoted what you said.
Required by... whom?
I'll ask again
Required by whom?

By you- in order to get your support.

Forum List

Back