Third-Party Group No Labels Votes To Field A Presidential Candidate

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
The decision comes after Super Tuesday all but confirmed a November showdown between President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump.

Members of No Labels, a third-party presidential movement, voted Friday to move forward with nominating a candidate for president.

Eight hundred delegates from 50 states, split between Republicans and Democrats, held the vote at a virtual meeting, ABC News reported.

“They take their responsibility seriously,” No Labels convention chair Mike Rawlings, a former Dallas mayor, said of the 800 delegates. “Even though we met virtually, their emotion and desire to bring this divided nation back together came right through the screen. I wasn’t sure exactly where No Labels delegates would land today, but they sent an unequivocal message: Keep going.”

The group leading the launch of a “unity ticket” plans to announce its candidate selection process on March 14. However, an official with No Labels told Politico it’s possible the group ultimately may not find a candidate.

No Labels has said for months that it would attempt to enter a candidate in the 2024 race if it became clear on Super Tuesday that President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump would be the respective Democratic and Republican nominees. The two walked away from the night with just one loss between them: GOP candidate Nikki Haley, who’s since suspended her campaign, carried Vermont.

More at the link below...

'CENTRIST' GROUP TO FIELD '24 PREZ RACE SPOILER

I am very sad to hear this. I fear this may be a spoiler for President Biden. What do you think?

The decision comes after Super Tuesday all but confirmed a November showdown between President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump.

Members of No Labels, a third-party presidential movement, voted Friday to move forward with nominating a candidate for president.

Eight hundred delegates from 50 states, split between Republicans and Democrats, held the vote at a virtual meeting, ABC News reported.

“They take their responsibility seriously,” No Labels convention chair Mike Rawlings, a former Dallas mayor, said of the 800 delegates. “Even though we met virtually, their emotion and desire to bring this divided nation back together came right through the screen. I wasn’t sure exactly where No Labels delegates would land today, but they sent an unequivocal message: Keep going.”

The group leading the launch of a “unity ticket” plans to announce its candidate selection process on March 14. However, an official with No Labels told Politico it’s possible the group ultimately may not find a candidate.

No Labels has said for months that it would attempt to enter a candidate in the 2024 race if it became clear on Super Tuesday that President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump would be the respective Democratic and Republican nominees. The two walked away from the night with just one loss between them: GOP candidate Nikki Haley, who’s since suspended her campaign, carried Vermont.

I am very sad to hear this. I fear this may be a spoiler for President Biden. What do you think?

Fool's errand.

If it would help the MAGA vision be restored to America, power to them.

Much to be hoped for. May it grow and expand. Whatever effective it may have, anything that could politically disrupt the duopoly is to encouraged.

Their candidate won't win.

You know it and I know it.

The duopoly is much too big
There are people though who would vote for the devil himself rather than support a candidate they despise. Such people are so ideologically/partisan indoctrinated that they don't CARE about what policies are imposed on us or how destructive an administration has been or will be. They refuse to see the proverbial forest rather than the trees and would sink the ship and drown everybody rather than have a captain they don't personally like.

People who vote for the person rather than the agenda or track record are not only short sighted but the ones who generally are the votes that push a bad government onto us.

It doesn't matter. That's no reason to vote for a shitty candidate on purpose.

Well vote for a candidate that has absolutely no prayer or vote for the lesser of two evils. At this point? It's Trump

Where will you move Lakookta??

It seems to be only Republicans proclaiming the glory of No Labels, just as it's only Republicans proclaiming the glory of Kennedy.

Thus, I don't see them taking voters from Democrats.
Republicans like Manchin and Lieberman? You folks are confused, but maybe Haley can join them. That would definitely pull fellow Democrats and neocons away from decent Republicans.

Forum List

Back