Third-Party Group No Labels Votes To Field A Presidential Candidate

What this country needs is someone from the duopoly to lead this country without using the labels D or R.

NOBODY in their right mind would vote for kissy face "selfie inflicting" FAKE Biden~! Only the sickest Liberals, (like the ones they had last night all loving up on the old wrinkled man) on the lame SOTU 👽

What a circus show that was. I watch the IDIOT Biden stall going to the stage, instead he selfies with the FAKE Liberals (just like him) and they all smiled and hugged him. I thought I would PUKE! 🤢

Then he spent his time SCREAMING at the audience like a 100 old man with Dementia. What a LOSER! :p
:th_spinspin:

That sounds like more potential for conflict. What are you trying to say?
When it comes to D.C. gridlock is good. Trump can order all kinds of crazy things, but the bureaucracy just ignores him and does whatever they want.

With Biden, they actually do all the crazy things, and we are stuck with the unintended consequences.

The decision comes after Super Tuesday all but confirmed a November showdown between President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump.

Members of No Labels, a third-party presidential movement, voted Friday to move forward with nominating a candidate for president.

Eight hundred delegates from 50 states, split between Republicans and Democrats, held the vote at a virtual meeting, ABC News reported.

“They take their responsibility seriously,” No Labels convention chair Mike Rawlings, a former Dallas mayor, said of the 800 delegates. “Even though we met virtually, their emotion and desire to bring this divided nation back together came right through the screen. I wasn’t sure exactly where No Labels delegates would land today, but they sent an unequivocal message: Keep going.”

The group leading the launch of a “unity ticket” plans to announce its candidate selection process on March 14. However, an official with No Labels told Politico it’s possible the group ultimately may not find a candidate.

No Labels has said for months that it would attempt to enter a candidate in the 2024 race if it became clear on Super Tuesday that President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump would be the respective Democratic and Republican nominees. The two walked away from the night with just one loss between them: GOP candidate Nikki Haley, who’s since suspended her campaign, carried Vermont.

More at the link below...

'CENTRIST' GROUP TO FIELD '24 PREZ RACE SPOILER

I am very sad to hear this. I fear this may be a spoiler for President Biden. What do you think?
its about fucking time......

Ranked choice voting. No more having a minority running the country.
Ranked choice voting guarantees the duopoly is never defeated. Minor party candidate's votes are just assigned to one of the major parties, so even if that person did not receive a majority (or even a plurality), he can still win by taking the votes from other candidates. I hate RCV.

Runoffs are more fair to the voter because a ballot cannot be "exhausted" due to ranking, every vote is counted, and it guarantees a winner by majority vote. It may not be as convenient for the State to hold a runoff election, but it is a better representation of the will of the electorate.

Ranked choice voting guarantees the duopoly is never defeated.
How??
Minor party candidate's votes are just assigned to one of the major parties -
Only if the voter assigns their votes to one of the major parties.
so even if that person did not receive a majority (or even a plurality), he can still win by taking the votes from other candidates. I hate RCV.
You don't understand RCV. At least learn about it before you decide you hate it.
Runoffs are more fair to the voter because a ballot cannot be "exhausted" due to ranking, -
Of course they can. If the voter can't make it to the polls for the re-vote, their vote won't get counted. Exact same thing.

You don't understand RCV. At least learn about it before you decide you hate it.
I know how it works. One of the 2 major parties will ultimately win. The candidate with the lowest number of votes is eliminated and those ballots go to the number 2 pick. You keep doing that until one of the top 2 is over 50%. The ballots that don't have any major party vote end up "exhausted", that is the next candidate on their list is already eliminated. The ballots that have major party candidates somewhere on the list get assigned to that candidate until one of them is over 50% and he wins.

I don't care if someone doesn't have 51% of the vote. I'm perfectly happy just voting and counting and the guy with the most votes wins. Bill Clinton didn't get over 50%, who fucking cares.

If you just have to have a winner with a majority because you think it bestows some kind of extra "legitimacy", have a runoff. Everyone that didn't get their guy can vote again in the runoff if they want to.

I know how math works. We don't need funky counting games to figure out who got the most votes in an election. RCV is just a way to give the loser a chance to win, because he has more #2 ranks than the guy that actually won.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back