Would RFK have more support if it were not for his voice?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

There was a time before the turn of the millennium when Robert F. Kennedy Jr. gave a full-throated accounting of himself and the things he cared about. He recalls his voice then as “unusually strong,” so much so that he could fill large auditoriums with his words. No amplification needed.

The independent presidential candidate recounts those times somewhat wistfully, telling interviewers that he “can’t stand” the sound of his voice today — sometimes choked, halting and slightly tremulous.

The cause of RFK Jr.’s vocal distress? Spasmodic dysphonia, a rare neurological condition, in which an abnormality in the brain’s neural network results in involuntary spasms of the muscles that open or close the vocal cords.

The American voter is by in large stupid. To prove this, just look at who they have voted for over the years. Therefore, I submit that such superficial impressions are magnified and all important to voters.

Just a guess, if he did not have the voice problem, he would be more popular.

Of course, you also have the DNC smear machine, which is formidable as it controls most of the mainstream media. So, I don't know if I'm right about this. They do this by portraying their political opponents as evil, stupid, or insane, or a combination thereof.

Naturally, they put all 3 on Trump but RFK is too left wing for all 3, so they just use one for him. Yea, his just a nut.

There was a time before the turn of the millennium when Robert F. Kennedy Jr. gave a full-throated accounting of himself and the things he cared about. He recalls his voice then as “unusually strong,” so much so that he could fill large auditoriums with his words. No amplification needed.

The independent presidential candidate recounts those times somewhat wistfully, telling interviewers that he “can’t stand” the sound of his voice today — sometimes choked, halting and slightly tremulous.

The cause of RFK Jr.’s vocal distress? Spasmodic dysphonia, a rare neurological condition, in which an abnormality in the brain’s neural network results in involuntary spasms of the muscles that open or close the vocal cords.

The American voter is by in large stupid. To prove this, just look at who they have voted for over the years. Therefore, I submit that such superficial impressions are magnified and all important to voters.

Of course, you also have the DNC smear machine, which is formidable as it controls most of the mainstream media. So, I don't know if I'm right about this.
rfk's gravelly voice is not the problem, it is that he is just wrong, for all the wrong reasons.

rfk's gravelly voice is not the problem, it is that he is just wrong, for all the wrong reasons.
What is he wrong about you reckon?

Why is he insane as you and your cohorts portray him to be?

For example, is he wrong about being so preoccupied with global warming?

Last edited:
Hard to say. He lost much potential support with his unquestioning support of Israel under Likud and gun control.
That is a death blow to Left wing voters.

But they he may get those on the fringe of the cult.

Democrat voters expect a lot more whininess in their leaders' voices, and that where the Kennedy lad doesn't measure up. Just doesn't have that entitled tone that makes libs think they are better than everyone.

A Palestinian murdered his father.

Sirhan Bishara Sirhan (/ sɪərˈhɑːn /; Arabic: سرحان بشارة سرحان Sirḥān Bišāra Sirḥān; born March 19, 1944) is a Palestinian-Jordanian man who murdered Senator Robert F. Kennedy Sr., a younger brother of American president John F. Kennedy and a candidate for the Democratic nomination in the 1968 United States presidential election.
Date: June 5, 1968
Killed: 1 (Robert Francis Kennedy)

Sirhan Sirhan - Wikipedia

Of course, you also have the DNC smear machine, which is formidable as it controls most of the mainstream media. So, I don't know if I'm right about this. They do this by portraying their political opponents as evil, stupid, or insane, or a combination thereof.

Naturally, they put all 3 on Trump but RFK is too left wing for all 3, so they just use one for him. Yea, his just a nut.
The problem is not his voice… it’s the crazy WORDS that the voice is forming

He might have more support. If not for the fact he is a raging whack-a-doodle whose family has pretty much ostracized him.
What he's doing right now is continuing to give third party candidates a bad rap. :)

What is he wrong about you reckon?

Why is he insane as you and your cohorts portray him to be?

For example, is he wrong about being so preoccupied with global warming?
rfk's agenda for president is interesting but not compelling.

any dirt i might want him to reveal about the political assassinations of the '60s is lost to time.

although infinitely better on environmental issues than any repub, this would instantly put him at odds with the "drill baby drill" party that rfk counts on for support.

an rfk administration changes nothing fudamental from a trump47 victory. if rfk were really interested he would stop hanging with bannon , stone, and the pillow guy.

Perhaps to a small degree, but his policies are more problematic than anything.

Being the nepo-baby that he is, has carried him thus far, but once people snap out of their celebrity funk, that comes w/his last name, they quickly realize he's a privileged idiot.

Just like most other nepo-babies.

Last edited:
rfk's agenda for president is interesting but not compelling.

any dirt i might want him to reveal about the political assassinations of the '60s is lost to time.

although infinitely better on environmental issues than any repub, this would instantly put him at odds with the "drill baby drill" party that rfk counts on for support.

an rfk administration changes nothing fudamental from a trump47 victory. if rfk were really interested he would stop hanging with bannon , stone, and the pillow guy.
Hanging out with Bannon, Stone, and my pillow guy..

Case closed

Junior, like the other Junior, is a loon.

A nut
Several fries short of a happy meal...

I don't recall any problems with his voice except the words falling out of his mouth are the words of an absolute fruitcake.

JFK, Carter, Reagan, Bush...all had oratory tendencies that people (especially comediennes) made fun of. But no one laughed when they talked because they said serious stuff.

People laugh at Junior because, like the other Junior, the stuff he says can't be taken seriously.

RFK's best points were concerning the evils of the COVID vaccine and the Fauci led bureaucracies that allowed people to die to boost drug profits. MAGA

I agree.

I did not know about the reason for his voice problem. Thanks!

I think that some (many?) people find his "gravelling" voice to be very distracting.

RFK jr was a nutjob conspiracy theorist even before he lost his voice

Why he never won a political office in spite of his famous name

RFK's best points were concerning the evils of the COVID vaccine and the Fauci led bureaucracies that allowed people to die to boost drug profits. MAGA
ridiculous. the vaccine is harmless and effective. measles vaccine as well. rfk, and trump, have medieval opinions of public health that really must be marginalized.

Forum List

Back