Would the US be a better place.....?

Would the US be a better place if we boycott the media?

• Yes

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Not all media, just some

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
... if we all boycotted the media? Maybe limited our watching and listening to CSPAN?

How many people still watch it?
I mean seriously?
I can't watch Fox/CNN anymore. Fox is 24 hr. "Trump is great, Democrats are demons"...and CNN is 24 hr. "Trump is the worst President in history".
Who can be honest with themselves and watch this? Is there anyone with an IQ over 85 that believes CNN anymore? That doesn't believe WaPo and NYT are biased to the core? That believes Fox News is "fair and balanced"?
Yuo can't even get news anymore.

I voted pineapple.

I stopped watching cable news entertainment programming when they blacked us out in '08 and '12. I have no stake in them anymore.

... if we all boycotted the media? Maybe limited our watching and listening to CSPAN?
I cut the cord and wont buy a Lamestream paper ever again. I don't even watch "Fair and balanced" as they have shown more to be liberal than conservative. More people cut the cord and soon those liberal entities wont be around anymore....

It took Jeff Bezos a billionaire and owner of Amazon to buy out the Washington ComPost, thus saving that paper for yet a few more years. Most people I know who get that paper use it for another purpose.

birdcage.jpg

If we just watched, read, or heard FACTS, like what is happening in the White House re: progress/stalls etc. we would be more knowledgeable.

Instead of being fed sensationalism and being distracted by what is REALLY happening. The onus is on us to find it. It's clearly not being given to us anymore....

No!

I choose NOT TO BE a country like Russia or China or North Korea where the government DECIDES what news we can get.

We have a FIRST AMENDMENT, or did you all conveniently forget?

You right wingers have been Russia-fied, without even knowing it.....Brainwashed! SAD.

If we just watched, read, or heard FACTS, like what is happening in the White House re: progress/stalls etc. we would be more knowledgeable.

Instead of being fed sensationalism and being distracted by what is REALLY happening. The onus is on us to find it. It's clearly not being given to us anymore....

That is intentional.
I am serious. The media is owned by the same corporate elitist that corrupts the government and the entire financial system. They have no intention of keeping people informed in actual news.

No!

I choose NOT TO BE a country like Russia or China or North Korea where the government DECIDES what news we can get.

You right wingers have been Russia-fied, without even knowing it.....Brainwashed! SAD.
Unfortunately much of the MSM is part of the D party. This is not what the first amendment is about.

No!

I think he U.S. just required RT to register as a foreign agent. Though, they do not require the same of BBC, and other cable news entertainment platforms abroad.

No!

The only amendment they know about is #2 but there is a reason for their stupidity.
STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All
They are less informed than my goldfish and 2 university studies found proof.

No!

No it is far better that corporate elitist decide what news we see.
Face_With_Rolling_Eyes_Emoji_large.png

No!

Obama promised transparency. But his administration is one of the most secretive
But the Obama administration itself has been part of a different know-nothing problem. It has kept the news media — and therefore the public — in the dark far too much over the past 7 1/2 years.
You need to shut the fuck up , you worthless twit. When you sat idly by and allowed your dictator in chief to be like the USSR, just fucking deplorable.

immutable-truth-head-up-ass-buried-rectal-cranial-inversion-politics-1314793503.jpg

No!

No it is far better that corporate elitist decide what news we see.
Face_With_Rolling_Eyes_Emoji_large.png
so you want government to choose for you???? Really?

Some of the best investigative reporting from the press has occurred tHIS YEAR for goodness sake! Pulitzer prize worthy.....!!!!!

Yes there is bias in how our news is reported in the cable media, but the news itself is real and accurate, the delivery is biased.....And has always been biased since its creation......even in the press....from our founding fathers time onward.....

so you want government to choose for you???? Really?

Some of the best investigative reporting from the press has occurred tHIS YEAR for goodness sake! Pulitzer prize worthy.....!!!!!

Yes there is bias in how our news is reported in the cable media, but the news itself is real and accurate, the delivery is biased.....And has always been biased since its creation......even in the press....from our founding fathers time onward.....

Did I say I wanted the government to choose for me? I have zero idea what would make you say that.
And no the news is not accurate. It is mostly useless, trivial sensationalized garbage they present.
They don't do real news anymore.
Quietly...in the background...shhhh....Americans have lost 20%-25% total compensation over the past 10 years...did anyone report on this? No they didn't. And as evidence of that - you don't even know what compensation loss I am talking about. Hint: it has nothing to do with healthcare coverage.

I mean seriously?
I can't watch Fox/CNN anymore. Fox is 24 hr. "Trump is great, Democrats are demons"...and CNN is 24 hr. "Trump is the worst President in history".
Who can be honest with themselves and watch this? Is there anyone with an IQ over 85 that believes CNN anymore? That doesn't believe WaPo and NYT are biased to the core? That believes Fox News is "fair and balanced"?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------- i mostly watch FOX or at least have it on . I am mostly looking to hear updates or BREAKING news . Don't care if they love or hate TRUMP . Breaking news of actual events , wars , bombings , death and destruction and catastrophe is the only things that i am interested in and FOX does that pretty well . I turn FOX off when ' sheep smith ' comes on . Also watch FOX Business and listen to RUSH . Also flip around to hear tidbits but thats about it . Message boards like this are where i gets my main news or HINTS on what is happening . Then i check things out if interested .

No!

But we are not being given REAL information. Only bias and spin.

I mean seriously?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------- i mostly watch FOX or at least have it on . I am mostly looking to hear updates or BREAKING news . Don't care if they love or hate TRUMP . Breaking news of actual events , wars , bombings , death and destruction and catastrophe is the only things that i am interested in and FOX does that pretty well . I turn FOX off when ' sheep smith ' comes on . Also watch FOX Business and listen to RUSH . Also flip around to hear tidbits but thats about it . Message boards like this are where i gets my main news or HINTS on what is happening . Then i check things out if interested .

Breaking news? there is ALWAYS breaking news!
There was a day when there were "Special Reports" and they meant something
No more

Would the US be a better place if we boycott the media?

No. Doing that is tantamount to cutting off one's nose to spite one's face. The media -- television, radio, papers, books, movies, magazines, social media and the Internet -- are not in and of themselves the problem. The problem is the citizenry's general intellectual torpor. Ignoring or not ignoring the media isn't going to resolve that problem.

You really think our press is free now? And who is choosing what we do and don’t hear now? Because I guarantee you 90% of mainstream gives you only what has been ok’d by their masters now. Short memory of a recent admin shaking down reporters of their dislike.
No!

Forum List

Back