Why the Church of Christ in the only true church

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not running away, I've already explained it. Since no matter what I write you find a way to misinterpret it, even if it means making up stuff, I'm not bothering. I don't use the ignore feature, but if I did you'd be on my short list.

Is that similar to the short bus?

Actually, I think YWN666 has a lot of potential to add to the discourse. He/she chooses to use his/her mind to cause disruption instead. I think it's a waste, but I can't dictate what other people do for their hobby.

I'm dusrupting by asking you to justify your asinine comments? Why are you so afraid to address the topic being discussed?

You didn't explain shit, you coward and I didn't make anything up. I called you on your asinine comment and now you're squirming trying to save face. Too late for that.

Good luck with the smear campaign. :tongue:

Nothing I can say will damage you any more than your own evasive behavior. People with integrity stand behind the accusatioins they make. You should try it sometime.

:)

Perhaps I'm a fascist because I don't think that just because a majority of people feel a certain way it should make ok. People can be terribly self-serving and self-destructive. Take the threads on the "green movement"... wouldn't we be better off with more conservation and less waste? Of course, but it likely won't happen because a majority of people either just don't care or don't think their contribution to the problem is significant enough to warrant them changing anything. This same kind of logic is applied by people to every facet of our lives. They put their own desire before the good of society. This is why I think the source of moral authority is an important point. A simple majority isn't a source of moral authority except in a default sort of way.

I'm not a Biblical literalist, so I don't think of it as a collection of stories. I think there are larger lessons to be learned but it takes stepping back and looking at the bigger picture. All the major religions of the world contain essentially the same "truths" with perhaps different paths to ultimate salvation... which I think is something people are much too fixated on. The differences are nearly inconsequential, IMO, it's the similarities that we should be focusing on.

BTW, I really was interested on your take on the adult incest thing. Where do you draw the line on that 1?

I don't think you are a fascist Amanda, at least not in the classical sense of a power base pretty much micro managing, by force if necessary, a society.

I too am dismayed, but only somewhat, by the decisions that have been made by 'the majority'. When you look at the big picture of history however and track the evolution of government and society on planet earth, we are, with every crisis, getting better and better at governing ourselves as a species. Can you imagine the odds of being born into circumstances leading to comfort, if not happiness in the 13th century? Pretty slim if you were born into Western Civilization, better perhaps if you were born elsewhere, but the Mayans, Asians, Africans, etc all knew about the concepts of cruelty, enslavement and the enticing power that they can create. Even micro societies like Hawaii had kings and servants. 'Vegas would not give the average Joe very good odds of being born into nobility.

Majority rule is a young concept in governance, and even in America 'majority' has meant the majority of European descendants until just recently. And if we are honest, we will admit that the Europeans and their descendants have a tradition of ethnocentric thinking. There was a time when white wasn't enough, you had to be French too. The Dutch, English, Germans etc all had their moment of power in history - this even carried over the the colonial conquests; prior to the American Civil War, the European descendants called themselves by their state affiliations.

The conquest of the planet by one concept of governing was an inevitable path we had to take for our children to reach the stars, the brutality of the process is entirely human. That being the bad news, the good news is that Western Civilization is poised to complete the process and not by the vehicle of its dominant religion, but by the vehicle of democracy. Which is good, I don't think any of us in the West would be any more interested in seeing our children live under Islamic fundamentalism than those in the East are interested in living under Christian fundamentalism. The bridge is tolerance and democracy or majority rule is the key. This is why my hope lies in the majority rule. The problem for us today is that we, as a species, are still in the learning process and like a toddler who poops his pants and learns from the experience, human society is learning from every 'crisis'. This is why our current melt down is not nearly as painful as the one experienced by our ancestors in the 1930's.

As to my feelings about adult incest... assuming you are asking about sex between siblings, it certainly isn't my cup of tea, my sisters are cool and both are easy on the eyes but, like other good friends I have, sex with them would ruin a good relationship.

I suppose if a brother and sister, who were consenting adults, wanted to marry I would tolerate it as a citizen, unless there was some sort of evidence that those relationships created a burden on society, such as defective children. Things like that have to be considered in the rule making process.

-Joe

Thank you for taking the time to write a sincere reply, there isn't nearly enough of that here.

Kind of the whole point to 'conversation', eh?

It's nice talking to you.

-Joe

I don't think you are a fascist Amanda, at least not in the classical sense of a power base pretty much micro managing, by force if necessary, a society.

I too am dismayed, but only somewhat, by the decisions that have been made by 'the majority'. When you look at the big picture of history however and track the evolution of government and society on planet earth, we are, with every crisis, getting better and better at governing ourselves as a species. Can you imagine the odds of being born into circumstances leading to comfort, if not happiness in the 13th century? Pretty slim if you were born into Western Civilization, better perhaps if you were born elsewhere, but the Mayans, Asians, Africans, etc all knew about the concepts of cruelty, enslavement and the enticing power that they can create. Even micro societies like Hawaii had kings and servants. 'Vegas would not give the average Joe very good odds of being born into nobility.

Majority rule is a young concept in governance, and even in America 'majority' has meant the majority of European descendants until just recently. And if we are honest, we will admit that the Europeans and their descendants have a tradition of ethnocentric thinking. There was a time when white wasn't enough, you had to be French too. The Dutch, English, Germans etc all had their moment of power in history - this even carried over the the colonial conquests; prior to the American Civil War, the European descendants called themselves by their state affiliations.

The conquest of the planet by one concept of governing was an inevitable path we had to take for our children to reach the stars, the brutality of the process is entirely human. That being the bad news, the good news is that Western Civilization is poised to complete the process and not by the vehicle of its dominant religion, but by the vehicle of democracy. Which is good, I don't think any of us in the West would be any more interested in seeing our children live under Islamic fundamentalism than those in the East are interested in living under Christian fundamentalism. The bridge is tolerance and democracy or majority rule is the key. This is why my hope lies in the majority rule. The problem for us today is that we, as a species, are still in the learning process and like a toddler who poops his pants and learns from the experience, human society is learning from every 'crisis'. This is why our current melt down is not nearly as painful as the one experienced by our ancestors in the 1930's.

As to my feelings about adult incest... assuming you are asking about sex between siblings, it certainly isn't my cup of tea, my sisters are cool and both are easy on the eyes but, like other good friends I have, sex with them would ruin a good relationship.

I suppose if a brother and sister, who were consenting adults, wanted to marry I would tolerate it as a citizen, unless there was some sort of evidence that those relationships created a burden on society, such as defective children. Things like that have to be considered in the rule making process.

-Joe

Thank you for taking the time to write a sincere reply, there isn't nearly enough of that here.

Kind of the whole point to 'conversation', eh?

It's nice talking to you.

-Joe

Well yeah, you'd think so, but it doesn't happen nearly as often as I'd like. :)

Isn't this amazing? This thread topic was the subject of today's sermon was about the one true church, The Church of Christ and and some of the same things the Bass said here were said there. We are not a church of hate, but one of the truth, why can't the homosexuals and other nonbelievers accept that?

Chuckie, you need to go to church to know what to think?

Did your pastor explain that homos are made in god's image as well?

And that god threw out adam from the garden of eden for bangin' a chick? Or as you would put it, eating from the heterosexual fruit tree.

No, the Bible says one should study to show themselves approved of God and test all spirits, be they of God and or Satan.

God made man in His image, but homosexuality is *NOT* of God's image and thus homosexuals have no place in heaven.

So why did god even make a world with homos in it? What day were they made on? I heard it was the seventh day, He relaxed with homos.

No, the Bible says one should study to show themselves approved of God and test all spirits, be they of God and or Satan.

God made man in His image, but homosexuality is *NOT* of God's image and thus homosexuals have no place in heaven.

So what?

You are still assuming they want to go to your concept of 'heaven'.

You have to understand that no matter how passionately you feel about something, the rest of us have a perfect right to not give a shit how you feel. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you will taste the sweet freedom of tolerance.

In the meantime, I hear milk works good for ulcers. Good luck.

-Joe

Last edited:

And that god threw out adam from the garden of eden for bangin' a chick? Or as you would put it, eating from the heterosexual fruit tree.

Do you need to go to School to know what to think?

No. But youd be pretty stupid to not educate yourself in all matters.

School is about facts, religion is about fiction. We can all agree that 2+2=4 because it's PROVABLE.
Peeps need church because it's like a self help group, or a trekkie convention, you get to be with peeps who have the same hobby and hallucinations.

School is about facts, religion is about fiction. We can all agree that 2+2=4 because it's PROVABLE.
Peeps need church because it's like a self help group, or a trekkie convention, you get to be with peeps who have the same hobby and hallucinations.

2+2 does not always equal 4. What you call "provable" is based assumptions that your premises are correct.

And religion has nothing to do with fiction. Every religion is concerned with truth. These are Truths of the Spiritual world, of life after death, of life prior to birth. The history, present, and destiny of man.

Unfortunately, you've limited yourself off to possibilities because you demand a certain type of evidence to make decisions. That is your right. But the rest of us have no obligation to accept your self limiting premises.

There is a source for Eternal Truth. That source is the Holy Spirit. He can reveal the truth of all subjects to an individual who has prepared themselves. You may pretend this is a hallucination. Go right ahead. You have your own mind and can make your own judgments. However, I have the opinion that it's foolish to limit the possibilities when there is no need to. Obviously outright contradictions such as circular squares would be impossible, but outside that, you have to accept that there is a possibility of all things.

There is no real difference between us. The major difference is that Im willing to learn and you arent.

"Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words." Proverbs 23:9

Prov 1:28-33 (NIV) "They will call to me but I will not answer; they will look for me but will not find me. Since they hated knowledge and did not choose to fear the Lord, since they would not accept my advice and spurned my rebuke, they will eat of the fruit of their ways and be filled with the fruit of their schemes. For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them; but whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm."

Jam 3:13-17 (Phi) Is there some wise and understanding man among you? Then let his life be a shining example of the humility that is born of true wisdom. But if your heart is full of bitter jealousy and rivalry, then do not boast and do not deny the truth. You may acquire a certain wisdom, but it does not come from above--it comes from this world, from your own lower nature, even from the devil. For wherever you find jealousy and rivalry you also find disharmony and all other kinds of evil. The wisdom that comes from above is first pure, then peace-loving, gentle, approachable, full of merciful thoughts and kindly actions, straightforward, with no hint of hypocrisy."

1 Cor 3:19-21 (Phi) Let no one be under any illusion over this. If any man among you thinks himself one of the world's clever ones, let him discard his cleverness that he may learn to be truly wise. For this world's cleverness is stupidity to God. It is written: "He that taketh the wise in their craftiness", and again, "The Lord knoweth the reasonings of the wise, that they are vain." So let no one boast of men.

On homosexuality:

Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV) - Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB) - "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."

However, I'm not so sure all homosexuals have no place in heaven, provided they are saved and strive to live righteously, including putting away whatever compulsions we have.

Homosexuality is one of many vices that men, even saved ones, have to deal with. Drunks can be saved but still unable to conquer the bottle. THey COULD conquer the bottle, if they really turned it over the God...but still we are only human and sometimes we are weak. But I hope the weak, if they are truly saved and if they are truly striving to become strong in Christ, will attain heaven as well as those who are strong.

Dude, that is your opinion... you are just as intolerant as Charlie and Publidude!

Until everyone realizes that everyone else has the perfect right to be wrong in their passions, and deserving of all due respect for the passion, if not the position, we are destined to play the political games we have grown so weary of over the last decade +.

-Joe

Last edited:
"Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words." Proverbs 23:9

Prov 1:28-33 (NIV) "They will call to me but I will not answer; they will look for me but will not find me. Since they hated knowledge and did not choose to fear the Lord, since they would not accept my advice and spurned my rebuke, they will eat of the fruit of their ways and be filled with the fruit of their schemes. For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them; but whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm."

Jam 3:13-17 (Phi) Is there some wise and understanding man among you? Then let his life be a shining example of the humility that is born of true wisdom. But if your heart is full of bitter jealousy and rivalry, then do not boast and do not deny the truth. You may acquire a certain wisdom, but it does not come from above--it comes from this world, from your own lower nature, even from the devil. For wherever you find jealousy and rivalry you also find disharmony and all other kinds of evil. The wisdom that comes from above is first pure, then peace-loving, gentle, approachable, full of merciful thoughts and kindly actions, straightforward, with no hint of hypocrisy."

1 Cor 3:19-21 (Phi) Let no one be under any illusion over this. If any man among you thinks himself one of the world's clever ones, let him discard his cleverness that he may learn to be truly wise. For this world's cleverness is stupidity to God. It is written: "He that taketh the wise in their craftiness", and again, "The Lord knoweth the reasonings of the wise, that they are vain." So let no one boast of men.

On homosexuality:

Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV) - Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB) - "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."

I respect your passion for the scripture. I respect your personal commitment that the words are divinely inspired. Are you American (the spirit of 'From many peoples comes one nation) enough to respect my belief that the scriptures you quote are fine literature, but I must turn to the laws that We, The People agree to live by as my moral guidance?

Before you answer, let me remind you that according to our law:

> Thou shall not kill is relevant.​

> Thou shall not fuck consenting adults of the same sex is irrelevant.​

If you feel you must live above the law of the people, adhering as best as you can to the law of your god - more power to you, but if the concept of 'America' is to survive, the rest of us must also be free - provided we respect the rules We, The People agree to live by.

-Joe

This is not the Bass standing on a soapbox special pleading, this based upon the Church of Christ being the only Church that follows the Bible absolutely and not after the doctrines and traditions of men.

Apparently Charlie, in your humble opinion, my humble opinion is wrong... Well in my humble opinion, your humble opinion is wrong.

What do we do now? I can tell you that the odds of your changing my mind are slim... I assume from the passion of your posts, my changing your mind is not likely...

Historically, now is the moment where one of us kills the other to prove whose opinion is the correct one, but I really don't want to do that. (Of course I'm confident that I would prevail, as I assume you are too.)

Quite the conundrum... What should we do dude?

-Joe

If everyone followed the Bible only and not traditions and the doctrines of men there would be no disagreement. Only fanatics go to war and kill over this, not true believers and followers of Christ, you're sinner so you wouldn't understand.[/QUOTE

I seem to remember...oh....it is Matthew 7:5-Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

I'm quite certain that you aren't without sin. And it's kind of difficult for "everyone" to follow the Bible since not EVERYONE in the world knows about the Bible. I'm sure that you are aware of that aren't you? Oh my goodness! Please go back to the beginning of the New Testament and start all over. You missed some important basic teachings of Christianity. You're not going to win someone over by being obnoxious and telling them that they are a bad person. One wins converts by example. Another basic teaching of Christianity.

There's only one true church, the one that teaches what the bible says, all these other creeds and doctrines just divide people and a look at the bible reveals this to be true.

I would have to disagree. I think there are as many paths to God as there are seekers of wisdom.

Religions are how people make sense of all of this... stuff. I'm not very good at math but when I have it explained in a certain way it makes more sense. I think religions are like that, they try to explain the same fundamental truths in different ways. I think it's sort of God's way of trying to make sure everyone has a chance to "get it". And I don't just mean the various Christian sects, I mean all of it. I don't condemn pagans for not following Jesus, because I've been outside and I've seen nature and I know God is there too. God can be a heavenly father figure if that's how you need to see things for it to make sense. God can be the divine goddess if that helps. God can be an elephant that removes obstacles from your path. It's really all the same truth when you get down to it.

There are no many paths to God, there's only one way, Christ and He has stated it:

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. -- John 1:14

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." -- John 14:6

As we can see, Jesus is the only and Jesus in the Word, so the only way to God is through His Word, not the doctrines and false paths provided by men.

Ass Chucker, you are wrong on SO MANY levels...........

First, when Yeshua (Jesus to you idiots that don't know His real name), said that, He wasn't talking to the Jews, He was talking to the Gentiles (everyone else BUT the Jews).

He was telling them that they had to come to HaShem in the Jewish tradition. As a matter of fact, most of the apostles were trying to decide if they should make followers of Christ convert to Judaism or not, because since Yeshua was Jewish, they thought that everyone should convert. Quite a big discussion on that by the way.

They eventually decided to not do it.

Now.......since Yeshua was a Jew, and God's Chosen People are the Jews, how is it again that your church is the only "true church"?

Personally, I think the CoC(ks) are a bunch of blowhard assholes who took a verse out of the Bible, used it to justify their existence, and then got really arrogant and decided that they were the only ones to get into Heaven.

Your crayola scribblings on this board are no more valid than that fucked up religion that you follow. You fuckers are even worse than Pentacostals.

Yeah right. You ignore the Old Testament, though Christ himself says of it All scripture is Good for correction and learning. Whatever happen to the commandment, Praise him with harp and pipe and song?

Your whole doctrine is founded upon heresy Charlie from the peculiar and Holy unbiblical works theolgy you promote as if Christ's death on the Cross left anything else necessary for salvation to your notion that a Human being can live a sin free life.

Yeah right. You ignore the Old Testament, though Christ himself says of it All scripture is Good for correction and learning.

We don't ignore the Old testament idiot, we view it as the schoolmaster and shadow of what was to come. We even preach from the 53rd chapter if Isaiah.

Whatever happen to the commandment, Praise him with harp and pipe and song?

That was not a commandment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back