Why the Church of Christ in the only true church

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoke by God himself through King David who danced mightily for the Lord. And I note you didn't evn attempt to address the most serious issue with your heretical movement. Which is in point of fact a bunch of Johnny come lately pecksniffians with no real understanding of either the Bible or of God.

Spoke by God himself through King David who danced mightily for the Lord. And I note you didn't evn attempt to address the most serious issue with your heretical movement. Which is in point of fact a bunch of Johnny come lately pecksniffians with no real understanding of either the Bible or of God.

What point are you trying to address here? Everything we believe is in the Bible, just search.

charlie, white people wrote the bible, did you know? That would make you a slave of the white man's god. I guess you can take the slave off of the plantation, but sometimes, you just can't take the plantation out of "the bass".

Son I've taught the Bible. almost none of what you believe is there in any meaningful way. Heaven is by invitation only. You don't get there based on anything you have done will do or are doing but solely because God wrote your name in the Book of Life before he ever said let there be light. Heaven is about mercy hell about justice. Don't confound the two.

Son I've taught the Bible. almost none of what you believe is there in any meaningful way. Heaven is by invitation only. You don't get there based on anything you have done will do or are doing but solely because God wrote your name in the Book of Life before he ever said let there be light. Heaven is about mercy hell about justice. Don't confound the two.

You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

That's what the Bible teaches. what else but that would be the implications of the all to bothersome quote: It is by grace and grace alone, through faith, and that (meaning faith) not of yourselves it is the gift of God, you are saved lest any man should boast. Parentesis added.

Grace is an act of God were in God places faith in an unbelieving human heart that said human being might believe God and be, like Abraham, accounted righteous.

That's what the Bible teaches. what else but that would be the implications of the all to bothersome quote: It is by grace and grace alone, through faith, and that (meaning faith) not of yourselves it is the gift of God, you are saved lest any man should boast. Parentesis added.

Grace is an act of God were in God places faith in an unbelieving human heart that said human being might believe God and be, like Abraham, accounted righteous.

He who does God's will shall go to heaven, simple and plain.

But only he who has been given the gift of faith can effectively do the will of God. Godly works are a response to a salvation already vouchsafed not a means of acquiring salvation.

Study the sheep and the goats of Matthew 25. Tell me do the goats not have works as you or I would construe them? Yes in fact you can just see them handing Jesus there resumes and yet to them Jesus replies in so many words "If you missed even one you missed one too many."

And there's the sheep. They can't remember having done anything at all and yet Christ says unto them in as much as you have helped even the least of these you have done if for me.

What's the difference? The Holy Spirit. The goats remember all their works for those works are difficult for them because they are out of character. The sheep on the other hand do not remember their works because the Holy Spirit has changed the heart that beats within them and now those very works that would have troubled them before they came to know Jesus are now as natural to them as breathing and as remarkable.

The Bas posted scripture but you have posted nothing, you're just bluffing. The Bass is strong in his faith which is why he believes and follows it all the way as stated by the Bible.

Does the bass follow both the old and new testaments "all the way"?

Just curious 'cuz I can't imagine that you follow Leviticus to the letter.

What point are you trying to address here? Everything we believe is in the Bible, just search.

Actually, all the fucked up beliefs that you have Charlie, you get from your INTERPRETATION of your VERSION of the Bible.

Might wanna fix that.

I haven't read all of the messages here (it's pretty long). But when ANYONE says their "Church" is the only true church, there's something definately wrong. Heck, Jehovah's Witnesses say the same thing...they're the ONLY ones that will be going to heaven!
I believe in God with all my heart. But i really don't care for the "buildings" that people go to that they call "Church". Church is actually any 2 or more people that gather to study and pray. It can be in anyone's home...it's not a building. Anyway, God says that if someone has the faith in Him as small as a mustard seed, they will be with Him in heaven.
Don't tell me that any one denomination is the "true" one. It's people's faith only that will save them. God knows what's in everyone's heart...i don't think he likes someone too well that thinks like you do...i think he called them HYPOCRITES.

I haven't read all of the messages here (it's pretty long). But when ANYONE says their "Church" is the only true church, there's something definately wrong. Heck, Jehovah's Witnesses say the same thing...they're the ONLY ones that will be going to heaven!
I believe in God with all my heart. But i really don't care for the "buildings" that people go to that they call "Church". Church is actually any 2 or more people that gather to study and pray. It can be in anyone's home...it's not a building. Anyway, God says that if someone has the faith in Him as small as a mustard seed, they will be with Him in heaven.
Don't tell me that any one denomination is the "true" one. It's people's faith only that will save them. God knows what's in everyone's heart...i don't think he likes someone too well that thinks like you do...i think he called them HYPOCRITES.

God says that if someone has the faith in Him as small as a mustard seed, they will be with Him in heaven.

God said this to you? What did he look like?

God says that if someone has the faith in Him as small as a mustard seed, they will be with Him in heaven.

God said this to you? What did he look like?

It's in the Bible....but i doubt if you've ever read it!

And even faith is given us by God. We begin life with nothing God desires not faith not real love (but that is another thread which maybe I will do next.) Not one thing God wants is innate to the Human heart. The only people in heaven are those God Chose to rescue. There is no one there who earned it not even one.

carol, what does the bible have to do with the word of god? it was written by men who just made all that shit up.

Yeah right. Wat the witless. You wish to believe that a Book with at least forty odd authors written over a period of several millenia would be that coherent and logical with out some over arching philosophy or something behind it? And then you accuse us of beieving in fairy tales.

carol, what does the bible have to do with the word of god? it was written by men who just made all that shit up.

If that's what you think, i guess i can't tell you any different. His prophets wrote the Bible under HIS direction, he spoke the words through them that they were to write. God has probably spoken to you many times, but you're not listening!

YouTube - Church of Christ-Let The Bible Speak

There's only one true church, the one that teaches what the bible says, all these other creeds and doctrines just divide people and a look at the bible reveals this to be true.

LOL, the Church of Christ...an off shoot of the Mormon church, at one time didn't allow blacks...and that's the church u choose to claim is the only church??? :lol: You're even dumber than I thought.

His prophets wrote the Bible under HIS direction, he spoke the words through them that they were to write.

Proof please. Or are YOU just making this shit up?

Sorry, i don't make up s*** when it comes to God. Ask any Christian pastor, any person that studies the Bible. God still puts words in people mouths....He still directs us on what to do or say. Most people though don't realize it.
I don't need to Prove anything - the proof will be evident some day. I have Faith and that's all i need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back