why is it so important to prove god does not exist.....

did god come down and force prop 8 votes?
i must have missed it.

by the threat of going to hell without a vote against gay marriage? What was that about working in mysterious ways?

do really believe that it was only people that belived in god and were religous that voted against gay marriage.....

The majority, yes. Go ahead and say the word and I'll start posting links if you really think that the christian faith had no correlation to overturning gay marriage in CA last year...

:lol:

Funny how Soggy can believe that God is responsible for bad shit, without actually believing in God.

But not so surprising since he is the author of the legendary half-abortion compromise. :lol:

que? when have I ever claimed that nutter christains calling out to an empty sky was populated by a listening god? By that measure, does it take the belief in a greek pantheon to validate the FACT of christian persecution in rome?

Sometimes, mani, you really do try to hard when reaching for my crown.

well.....seems odd in america a country partly founded by people fleeing religious persecution with laws protecting us from a government run by the church or a church run by the government and laws protecting ones right to practice whatever religion one wants....

that there are people that seek to denigrate people that believe in god and seem bent on trying to prove god doesn't exist......

why do some of you feel so compelled......
I just do it for laughs.

by the threat of going to hell without a vote against gay marriage? What was that about working in mysterious ways?

do really believe that it was only people that belived in god and were religous that voted against gay marriage.....

The majority, yes. Go ahead and say the word and I'll start posting links if you really think that the christian faith had no correlation to overturning gay marriage in CA last year...

california voted several years ago to define marriage.....the courts overturned it....the people then voted to define it again......eventually the people will vote to allow it.....

and yes i am aware who funded which side......

how does this relate to your desire to prove god doesn't exist.....

well.....seems odd in america a country partly founded by people fleeing religious persecution with laws protecting us from a government run by the church or a church run by the government and laws protecting ones right to practice whatever religion one wants....

that there are people that seek to denigrate people that believe in god and seem bent on trying to prove god doesn't exist......

I just do it for laughs.

how do you prove it.....

no one was threatened with hell for their vote. Can you name a person?

Gay marriage evil, abortion terrorism: Vatican

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - The Vatican's second-highest ranking doctrinal official on Monday forcefully branded homosexual marriage an evil and denounced abortion and euthanasia as forms of "terrorism with a human face".

The attack by Archbishop Angelo Amato, secretary of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, was the latest in a string of speeches made by either Pope Benedict or other Vatican officials as Italy considers giving more rights to gays.

In an address to chaplains, Amato said newspapers and television bulletins often seemed like "a perverse film about evil". He denounced "evils that remain almost invisible" because the media presented them as "expression of human progress".

He listed these as abortion clinics, which he called "slaughterhouses of human beings", euthanasia, and "parliaments of so-called civilized nations where laws contrary to the nature of the human being are being promulgated, such as the approval of marriage between people of the same sex ..."

Amato spoke at a time when the Vatican and Italy's powerful Roman Catholic Church are at loggerheads over plans for a highly controversial law that would give unmarried heterosexual and homosexual couples some form of legal recognition.

The Church and Catholic politicians, even some in Prime Minister Romano Prodi's centre-left coalition, see the proposed law as a Trojan Horse and say it could lead to gay marriages.

Amato, who is said to be very close to Pope Benedict, criticized the media's coverage of ethical issues.

After denouncing "abominable terrorism" such as that carried out by suicide bombers, he condemned what he called "terrorism with a human face", and accused the media of manipulating language "to hide the tragic reality of the facts".

"For example, abortion is called 'voluntary interruption of pregnancy' and not the killing of a defenseless human being, an abortion clinic is given a harmless, even attractive, name: 'centre for reproductive health' and euthanasia is blandly called 'death with dignity'," he said in his address.

Gay rights group have criticized the Pope and Catholic Church officials in the past over such comments, accusing them of interfering in Italy's domestic affairs.

Groups opposed to gay marriage and recognition of unmarried couples are planning a national rally in Rome next month.

Italy's Roman Catholic Church, set up on diocesan and parish levels, has the organizational machinery to mobilize hundreds of thousands of people. A huge turnout, which is expected, could be a major embarrassment for Prodi's government.

Gay marriage evil, abortion terrorism: Vatican | International | Reuters

Church view on same-sex marriage prevails; other ballot efforts fail

Cardinal Roger M. Mahony of Los Angeles thanked the Catholic community for the passage of Proposition 8 in a Nov. 5 statement. He said the success also was the result of "an unprecedented coalition of many faith communities and other citizens who understood the importance of maintaining the bedrock institution of marriage as has been lived out since recorded history."

CNS STORY: Church view on same-sex marriage prevails; other ballot efforts fail

:eusa_angel:

I just do it for laughs.

how do you prove it.....
That I do it for laughs? I can't...can you prove God exists?

Because you use God to stop stem cell research.

No one has stopped Stem cell research. Or even tried to.

You use God to discriminate against gays

Gays have the same right as everyone else. They dont, however, have the right to impose their viewpoints on a majority of Americans. Exactly as no one else has a right to impose their viewpoints on a majority fo Americans.

You paint liberals as godless

How do you paint someone who denies the existance of God as godless? If you dont want to be considered godless. Dont deny His existance. Seems pretty self explanatory.

Because more wars have been started over religion than any other reason.

Obviously, you havent done much study because that claim is total bs.

More wars have started over politics. Someone wants power from someone else and decides to take it by force. Sometimes those people claim to justify their horrendous actions with religion.

However, any intelligent person realizes that the justification isnt the reason. It's just their excuse.

Just look at these two story headlines:

OBAMA SIGNS ORDER LIFTING STEM-CELL BAN

Obama Lifts Bush’s Strict Limits on Stem Cell Research

So you guys banned and put strict limits on stem cell research. Please don't talk to me like I'm an idiot, or I'll think you are an idiot.

2. Gay couples do not have the same rights as married couples. Do you think just because you say so that this makes it true? Please explain. Do they get the same tax breaks? Can they adopt? Marry? Make decisions in hospitals for each other? Do they trump the family in making life decisions? Does the family of a dead gay get all his 401K stuff? Can they take life insurance out for each other?

Gay's "don't have the right to impose their views on the majority of Americans"? I think this is fucking great. Please tell the moral minority/religious right to shut the fuck up then. Because if gays don't have the right to impose their views on us, neither do the righties. They do not speak for the majority of Americans. Certainly not me.
Instead of me rambling to explain why you are so dead wrong, why don't you explain to me why you believe gays do have the same rights.

4. The total number of deaths due to the crusades has been estimated at around nine million, and at least half of those deaths were Christians. (IF ONLY IT WERE DOUBLE)

No one's tried to cram anything dont your gullet.

I lived in Utah for ten years. Tell me another fairy tale, brother avatar.

Ive lived in Utah before. They have a republic in the state government. Nothing is crammed down anyones throat.

Contrary to your opinion. Encouraging people to live a certain way isnt force. Exhorting people to do right isnt force.

If you dont like it dont follow it. But dont pretend your some victim.

how do you prove it.....

no i meant how do you prove god doesn't exist....

if people believe god exists then god exists.....

for me personally i don't care one way or the other.....

i just find it curious how important this is to some non-believers
You can't prove he doesn't exist. Only God can prove that and for some reason he seems reluctant to do so.

I don't think people that are atheists are trying to prove God doesn't exist as much as they are asking believers to prove he does.

If people believe Santa exists does that mean he exists as well?

no i meant how do you prove god doesn't exist....

if people believe god exists then god exists.....

for me personally i don't care one way or the other.....

i just find it curious how important this is to some non-believers
You can't prove he doesn't exist. Only God can prove that and for some reason he seems reluctant to do so.

I don't think people that are atheists are trying to prove God doesn't exist as much as they are asking believers to prove he does.

If people believe Santa exists does that mean he exists as well?

interesting ..... why do you feel compelled to make someone prove their faith to you.....

perception is reality....santa does exist....

california voted several years ago to define marriage.....the courts overturned it....the people then voted to define it again......eventually the people will vote to allow it.....

and yes i am aware who funded which side......

how does this relate to your desire to prove god doesn't exist.....

by removing the heaven carrot there is no reason for your dogma junkie ass to keep following bigoted ideas based on your mythology.

Did that answer your question or do we fast forward strait into martyr "im so picked on despite 08 gay hating election results" mode?

Just look at these two story headlines:

OBAMA SIGNS ORDER LIFTING STEM-CELL BAN

Obama Lifts Bush’s Strict Limits on Stem Cell Research

So you guys banned and put strict limits on stem cell research. Please don't talk to me like I'm an idiot, or I'll think you are an idiot.

You might have a point if the headlines were at all accurate.

But you and I know this isnt true. President Bush was the first President to fund stem cell research. He shouldnt have. No federal money should have been used. But he was the first one to federal funds to be used in stem cell research.

And as you well know, stem cell research has always been done by private companies with private research funds. Stem cell research has never been banned. Refusing to fund more Embyonic stem cell research with federal funds isnt banning.

So please dont pretend otherwise. We both know the truth.

2. Gay couples do not have the same rights as married couples. Do you think just because you say so that this makes it true? Please explain. Do they get the same tax breaks? Can they adopt? Marry? Make decisions in hospitals for each other? Do they trump the family in making life decisions? Does the family of a dead gay get all his 401K stuff? Can they take life insurance out for each other?

Gay's "don't have the right to impose their views on the majority of Americans"? I think this is fucking great. Please tell the moral minority/religious right to shut the fuck up then. Because if gays don't have the right to impose their views on us, neither do the righties. They do not speak for the majority of Americans. Certainly not me.
Instead of me rambling to explain why you are so dead wrong, why don't you explain to me why you believe gays do have the same rights.

All gays can have the same rights as married couples if they got married. Every gay person has the same right as anyone else to marry someone of the opposite sex, who is of age, not a blood relative and no already married. They have the same opportunities as everyone else.

Their choice not to do so, doesnt mean they are being oppressed. It doesnt mean their rights have been taken away from them. It does not give them the right to fundamentally alter definitions. Nor does it give them the right to force fundamental societal changes on the people against the wishes of the people. That is called Tyranny. It's the society as a whole who gets to decide where the society goes. Not small groups.

4. The total number of deaths due to the crusades has been estimated at around nine million, and at least half of those deaths were Christians. (IF ONLY IT WERE DOUBLE)

If they were doubled, likely you wouldnt exist. The fact that you wish people were killed is rather disturbing.

However, you miss the point. The crusades were political in nature. The religious aspect was just used as a mask to unite people and get them to fight for the cause. It was a justification. Not a cause.

The cause was Arab expansion into Europe.

No one's tried to cram anything dont your gullet.

I lived in Utah for ten years. Tell me another fairy tale, brother avatar.

Ive lived in Utah before. They have a republic in the state government. Nothing is crammed down anyones throat.

Contrary to your opinion. Encouraging people to live a certain way isnt force. Exhorting people to do right isnt force.

If you dont like it dont follow it. But dont pretend your some victim.

HA! I'll keep that in mind when the christians start to cry like chicks in a nest about gay marriage bans being overturned in our court system!

oh SNAP! turnabout all of a sudden DOESN:T become fair play, eh?

Forum List

Back