why is it so important to prove god does not exist.....

thats not EXACTLY true... Marriage amendments, anyone?

really what does god force you to do.....

Nobody said anything about God forcing anyone to do anything. It is the tension between rules that believes want versus rules nonbelievers want. Abortion is a classic example. Obviously I am making large generalizations here.

i know people that believe in god and condone abortion....and i know people that don't believe in god and don't condone abortion.....

abortion is legal...proving there is or isn't a god seems to have no impact....churches don't make laws governments do....

Hm.. I hang with many atheists, agnostics, and non-theists and it's never about 'disproving god', more about disproving the BS that comes out of some religious people's mouths and is often followed by actions.... I don't think anyone cares about a bunch of boys and girls sharing an imaginary friend... It's the rest of the shit connected to organized religions that is scary beyond belief... If they were just a bunch of peace-loving hippies talking about loving thy neighbor, that'd be a different story (yeah, I'm talkin' 'bout Christians now)... but that's unfortunately not the case...

But that's just me and my personal experience.

God doesn't bother me. It's the people who claim to be his spokespeople and impose their own stifling morality on everyone else, that get on my last damn nerve.

We are living in a Republic. The majority of people always impose their own stifling morality on everyone else. That's the whole freaking point.

really what does god force you to do.....

apparently, abide by the opinions of dogma junkies on social issues. Again, do you REALLY want to dive into the last election and who was pushing what?

did god come down and force prop 8 votes?
i must have missed it.

by the threat of going to hell without a vote against gay marriage? What was that about working in mysterious ways?

apparently, abide by the opinions of dogma junkies on social issues. Again, do you REALLY want to dive into the last election and who was pushing what?

i must have missed it.

by the threat of going to hell without a vote against gay marriage? What was that about working in mysterious ways?

if one doesn't believe, it seems like a pretty empty threat to me.

i must have missed it.

do really believe that it was only people that belived in god and were religous that voted against gay marriage.....

Because you use God to stop stem cell research.

No one has stopped Stem cell research. Or even tried to.

You use God to discriminate against gays

Gays have the same right as everyone else. They dont, however, have the right to impose their viewpoints on a majority of Americans. Exactly as no one else has a right to impose their viewpoints on a majority fo Americans.

You paint liberals as godless

How do you paint someone who denies the existance of God as godless? If you dont want to be considered godless. Dont deny His existance. Seems pretty self explanatory.

Because more wars have been started over religion than any other reason.

Obviously, you havent done much study because that claim is total bs.

More wars have started over politics. Someone wants power from someone else and decides to take it by force. Sometimes those people claim to justify their horrendous actions with religion.

However, any intelligent person realizes that the justification isnt the reason. It's just their excuse.

We are living in a Republic. The majority of people always impose their own stifling morality on everyone else. That's the whole freaking point.

Yeah. The problem is when they claim they are doing it on god's behalf and then ask me why I'm angry at God.

I'm not angry at God. I'm angry at his idiotic followers.

Hey, if you want to live your life according to the imaginary dictates of the angel moroni and sky daddy, have at it, but don't try to cram them down my gullet and make me like them.

Funny how Soggy can believe that God is responsible for bad shit, without actually believing in God.

But not so surprising since he is the author of the legendary half-abortion compromise. :lol:

Yeah. The problem is when they claim they are doing it on god's behalf and then ask me why I'm angry at God.

I'm not angry at God. I'm angry at his idiotic followers.

Hey, if you want to live your life according to the imaginary dictates of the angel moroni and sky daddy, have at it, but don't try to cram them down my gullet and make me like them.

No one's tried to cram anything dont your gullet.

Forum List

Back