Zone1 Bible says (recent Mass readings repeat) that it is better NOT to marry. So why so many marriages?

My parents didn't have what I would call a great marriage. But really, their marriage was more a mystery than... actually what I could objectively call BAD or unhealthy... and yet I do often think of it as unhealthy ( i mean, in a kind of big way)

Then when I grew older, I didn't see many other marriages that impressed me much...

Then there's the fact that I can be very difficult and other people are always difficult so.. yeh, maybe it's a wonder something like 50% of marriages do work (until death do they part)

My parents didn't have what I would call a great marriage. But really, their marriage was more a mystery than... actually what I could objectively call BAD or unhealthy... and yet I do often think of it as unhealthy ( i mean, in a kind of big way)

Then when I grew older, I didn't see many other marriages that impressed me much...

Then there's the fact that I can be very difficult and other people are always difficult so.. yeh, maybe it's a wonder something like 50% of marriages do work (until death do they part)

So it's Mom and Dad's fault.

I understand your bible was cherry picked. I understand the translations are screwy. I understand plants cant exist without the sun. I understand many of the contradictions.
So, yes. Apparently so.
Have you stoned an adulteress lately? What about killed a bunch of infants because their dad liked to put a pecker in his mouth, or would rather worship another deity?
Try reading the New Testiment

Jesus is the answer to all your questions

These days, people act like there is something wrong w/ you if you are not married, at least at some point in your life. I've never been married... had some relationships here and there but never married.

In the Mass readings recently we heard (I believe it was) St Paul speaking on this, how the married person is divided (btwn serving God and serving spouse) so that it is better not to marry (unless.. well, God does condone some marriages... but that's not there in those scripture psgs... There are many things not mentioned in Scripture but I won't digress further)

Anyway, I have found romantic relationships to be extremely difficult and there is pretty much no way I would ever marry anyone... unless God just stood b4 me and told me to marry so and so... and even then, I would probably think it was just the devil in disguise... He disguises himself as an angel of light, you know...

I just don't understand why virtually everyone is married... and not all of them have a great marriage, either... hardly! :oops:
The point the Apostle of Christ was making? Its better to be married than to burn...........marriage is the only institute where one can release their sexual desires in a righteous manner. Its better not to marry only if you possess the will power to maintain celibacy. The reason so many supposed RCC priests are facing charges of molestation......weak willed priests.

Read the scriptures in context. Read what the Apostle Paul further states about those who promote a life of sexual celibacy as a command of God....which it is not. God clearly authorizes sexual release in the bonds of marriage (Prov.5:18-20, Song of Solomon 8:14, Hebrews 4:1-3) Paul expresses himself as being inspired by the Holy Spirit to write the following in relation to teaching celibacy as a command of God, Paul declares it is a doctrine of demons, "Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teaching of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, WHO FORBID MARRIAGE AND REQUIRE ABSTINENCE FROM FOODS THAT GOD CREATED TO BE RECEIVED WITH THANKSGIVING WHO BELIEVE AND KNOW THE TRUTH." -- 1 Tim. 4:1-3

Now you know...........why there are so many married people on earth. Sexual relationships of any kind outside of marriage is a sin......whether it be heterosexual or homosexual in nature, adulterous fornication, etc. All carry the same wages.........death.

These days, people act like there is something wrong w/ you if you are not married, at least at some point in your life. I've never been married... had some relationships here and there but never married.

In the Mass readings recently we heard (I believe it was) St Paul speaking on this, how the married person is divided (btwn serving God and serving spouse) so that it is better not to marry (unless.. well, God does condone some marriages... but that's not there in those scripture psgs... There are many things not mentioned in Scripture but I won't digress further)

Anyway, I have found romantic relationships to be extremely difficult and there is pretty much no way I would ever marry anyone... unless God just stood b4 me and told me to marry so and so... and even then, I would probably think it was just the devil in disguise... He disguises himself as an angel of light, you know...

I just don't understand why virtually everyone is married... and not all of them have a great marriage, either... hardly! :oops:
because maybe the priests wouldnt molest children?

Paul gave his personal judgment (not inspired judgment) that in the present distress it would be better to remain single.

Paul gave his personal judgment (not inspired judgment) that in the present distress it would be better to remain single.
Hardly the case........Paul specifically declared this information as coming from the Spirit of God. (1 Tim. 4:1-3), "Now THE SPIRIT EXPRESSLY SAYS..............THOSE WHO FORBID MARRIAGE (as a command from God) .......are liars obeying the doctrine of DEMONS.

Hardly the case........Paul specifically declared this information as coming from the Spirit of God. (1 Tim. 4:1-3), "Now THE SPIRIT EXPRESSLY SAYS..............THOSE WHO FORBID MARRIAGE (as a command from God) .......are liars obeying the doctrine of DEMONS.
1 Corinthians 7:
25 Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful.

26 I suppose therefore that this is good for the present distress, I say, that it is good for a man so to be (unmarried).

1 Corinthians 7:
25 Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful.

26 I suppose therefore that this is good for the present distress, I say, that it is good for a man so to be (unmarried).
Can you spell...........DEFLECTION? :dunno: What? These 2 verses contradict Paul's statement............that it is the Spirit of God that is expressly stating that forbidding marriage is a doctrine of Demons? Because Paul states that he holds a personal opinion on a subject..........his opinion contradicts God's expressly revealed statement? Again........read the passage that makes a clear and unambiguous statement declaring that God does not command it better to remain unmarried. The Holy Spirit declares that such a tradition as forbidding marriage is a doctrine of lying demons (1 Tim. 4:1-3)

Next to the need to find food and water for survival.......sexual desire is the greatest human trait to overcome. Thus, Paul declares.......that in HIS OPINION........its better to marry than to burn in hell. But propagating the false doctrine that God declares that marriage is forbidden for priests.....etc., is a doctrine of demons.....this is not a personal opinion of Paul........it is a statement made EXPRESSLY by the Spirit of God.

There is no command for a priest to remain chaste........As ALL CHRISTIANS are priests (1 Peter 2:9)........with Jesus Christ as our high priest (Heb. 4:14, 9:11) There is no command in scripture that establishes different rules for those who are claiming to be God's voice on earth.........such as is the structure of the RCC. There is no commandment to separate the clergy from the laity........that is a false doctrine.

Christians require no priest to make prayers to the throne of God. All Christians are members of a royal priesthood that requires no middle man to make prayers for us........we pray only through Jesus Christ, our high priest. Jesus is our advocate.......not some puffed up pompous man that declares His authority is greater than the Word of God because he is the voice of God on earth......not Jesus. (1 John 2:1)

FYI: Why attempt to swallow a camel and coke on a gnat? (Matthew 23:24) ALL SCRIPTURE is inspired by the Spirit of God (2 Tim. 3:16-17) Paul is clearly stating there is a freewill decision made by each individual to remain unmarried or to take a wife. If one chooses to remain unmarried...........any sexual activity is considered the sin of Fornication. Only those with great will power should make such a vow to remain chaste..........Read the entire Chapter and maintain the context and subject matter which is sex and marriage.......neither Paul nor God declares that sex within a righteous marriage if forbidden.

Last edited:
Can you spell...........DEFLECTION? :dunno: What? These 2 verses contradict Paul's statement............that it is the Spirit of God that is expressly stating that forbidding marriage is a doctrine of Demons? Because Paul states that he holds a personal opinion on a subject..........his opinion contradicts God's expressly revealed statement? Again........read the passage that makes a clear and unambiguous statement declaring that God does not command it better to remain unmarried. The Holy Spirit declares that such a tradition as forbidding marriage is a doctrine of lying demons (1 Tim. 4:1-3)

Next to the need to find food and water for survival.......sexual desire is the greatest human trait to overcome. Thus, Paul declares.......that in HIS OPINION........its better to marry than to burn in hell. But propagating the false doctrine that God declares that marriage is forbidden for priests.....etc., is a doctrine of demons.....this is not a personal opinion of Paul........it is a statement made EXPRESSLY by the Spirit of God.

There is no command for a priest to remain chaste........As ALL CHRISTIANS are priests (1 Peter 2:9)........with Jesus Christ as our high priest (Heb. 4:14, 9:11) There is no command in scripture that establishes different rules for those who are claiming to be God's voice on earth.........such as is the structure of the RCC. There is no commandment to separate the clergy from the laity........that is a false doctrine.

Christians require no priest to make prayers to the throne of God. All Christians are members of a royal priesthood that requires no middle man to make prayers for us........we pray only through Jesus Christ, our high priest. Jesus is our advocate.......not some puffed up pompous man that declares His authority is greater than the Word of God because he is the voice of God on earth......not Jesus. (1 John 2:1)

FYI: Why attempt to swallow a camel and coke on a gnat? (Matthew 23:24) ALL SCRIPTURE is inspired by the Spirit of God (2 Tim. 3:16-17) Paul is clearly stating there is a freewill decision made by each individual to remain unmarried or to take a wife. If one chooses to remain unmarried...........any sexual activity is considered the sin of Fornication. Only those with great will power should make such a vow to remain chaste..........Read the entire Chapter and maintain the context and subject matter which is sex and marriage.......neither Paul nor God declares that sex within a righteous marriage if forbidden.
Paul is rendering his personal judgment based on his experience and what he terms 'the present distress'. He is in no way 'forbidding' marriage. In verse 8 he states that it is good for the unmarried and widows to remain unmarried.

Last edited:

I just don't understand why virtually everyone is married... and not all of them have a great marriage, either... hardly!:oops:

I guess your mass reading stopped too soon, as Paul himself answers the question....But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion”

I guess your mass reading stopped too soon, as Paul himself answers the question....But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion”
The whole psg was there, if I recall (I"d have to check the Catholic Missal or mass readings). In any case, this Catholic knew about that "burn" thing

My Bible and many others do NOT say what you claim. It says in many Bibles "It is better to marry than to burn." PERIOD

Burn with lust?

Burn in Hell?

Most Bibles do NOT clarify

And the Bibe does not interpret itself.

Forum List

Back