why is it so important to prove god does not exist.....

last i checked the church has not created any laws by which you live......

Only because no church is ALLOWED to create any laws in the U.S. That wouldn't be the case if any of the more militant "christian" churches, including the catholic church, ever dominated in the U.S. If that happened, freedom of religion and freedom FROM religion (for those of us who choose to reject it) would be destroyed. The puritans were directly responsible for the New England Witch Trials during 1692 and 1693, and the catholic church was directly responsible for some of the most hideous TERRORIST campaigns in Europe in past centuries.

I guess the INQUISITION and MALLEUS MALEFICARUM aren't familiar to you? I suggest you google them and do some research.

you should use a larger font. it's much more authoritative.

or maybe all caps......and in a color......

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I have to admit, I just don't see the problem with what Mr. Obama said. He was pointing out to people some of which have religious governments. It seems a lot like when a lot of white people meet a black person. The old "Black people, oh yeah I love them, I have a lot of black friends"
Only in this case it was "Why we have a lot of moslems in our country, we're not all christians, I have a lot of moslem friends".
Now a lot of those moslem folks want the rest of us gone, so maybe sidling up to some of the normal ones will work in our favor, maybe keep 'em from going jihad on us. I am willing to wait and see.
By the way, in some states adultery is a crime, or at least it used to be. I live in Arizona, and about 20 years ago I , errrrrrr.. a friend of mine spent 7 days in the Yavapai county lockup for it.....

I have to admit, I just don't see the problem with what Mr. Obama said. He was pointing out to people some of which have religious governments. It seems a lot like when a lot of white people meet a black person. The old "Black people, oh yeah I love them, I have a lot of black friends"
Only in this case it was "Why we have a lot of moslems in our country, we're not all christians, I have a lot of moslem friends".
Now a lot of those moslem folks want the rest of us gone, so maybe sidling up to some of the normal ones will work in our favor, maybe keep 'em from going jihad on us. I am willing to wait and see.
By the way, in some states adultery is a crime, or at least it used to be. I live in Arizona, and about 20 years ago I , errrrrrr.. a friend of mine spent 7 days in the Yavapai county lockup for it.....

not sure what this has to do with folks needing to prove god doesn't exist......obama believes in god...... odd many ofhis followers don't .......

by removing the heaven carrot there is no reason for your dogma junkie ass to keep following bigoted ideas based on your mythology.

Sure it is really "bigoted" to expect people who believe to follow ten simple commandments and/or even to expect others who do not believe to follow those simple commandments such as, "Thou shalt not kill", "Thou shalt not steal", "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor", "thou shalt hounour thy mother and father", and "Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbour's wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbour's house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any thing that is thy neighbour's."

It is way too old fashioned and archaic to believe people should be decent to one another. In some peoples mind such "mythology" should be banned. Oh wait it is being banned. Cheif Justice Roy Moore was made an example for others would not expect for people to follow those commandments or even promote them in any manner.

Ive lived in Utah before. They have a republic in the state government. Nothing is crammed down anyones throat.

Contrary to your opinion. Encouraging people to live a certain way isnt force. Exhorting people to do right isnt force.

If you dont like it dont follow it. But dont pretend your some victim.

Dude, the state legislature is 90+% active Mormon. Please stop pretending that the LDS Church does not control social policy in Utah, on everything from tobacco use and alcohol purchases to lotteries, gambling, gay marriage, and the teaching of sexual ed in school.

It isn't a democracy, in spite of your pretenses. It's a theocracy. State law is dictated from 100 East South Temple.

well.....seems odd in america a country partly founded by people fleeing religious persecution with laws protecting us from a government run by the church or a church run by the government and laws protecting ones right to practice whatever religion one wants....

that there are people that seek to denigrate people that believe in god and seem bent on trying to prove god doesn't exist......

why do some of you feel so compelled......

So we as a human race can concentrate our energies on reality based problems. Ones we can actually make progress on. Religion is all based on fantasy and rumor. Don't you think if god was proven to be a fraud that a huge portion of our attention and resources would be available for real work on real problems?

no.

So you think religion is holding our society together and it wouid become unraveled if it was proven that god does not exist?

I don't think it's important to prove that God doesn't exist. I don't think it's important to prove that God exists.

I think its important to point out that people have concepts about what God is--and that the concepts are not God.

I don't think it's important to prove that God doesn't exist. I don't think it's important to prove that God exists.

I think its important to point out that people have concepts about what God is--and that the concepts are not God.

That statement is either incredibly profound or incredibly without any meaning whatsoever.

I can't tell.

no i meant how do you prove god doesn't exist....

if people believe god exists then god exists.....

for me personally i don't care one way or the other.....

i just find it curious how important this is to some non-believers

so then if you believe that the earth is flat then *poof* it becomes flat?

thank god for the scientific method!

see you just proved god exists..........

how so?

by all means... clarify that statement. By saying "Thank the loch ness monster for the Scientific method" can we expect a giant fucking dinosaur to rise up out of a scottish lake?

:cuckoo:

:lol:

interesting ..... why do you feel compelled to make someone prove their faith to you.....

perception is reality....santa does exist....

:cuckoo:

:clap2:

can you prove you exist.....can you see the sun set.....

Are you having some kind of mental breakdown or something? Been reading Kafka? Do you think that nothing exists because you took a fucking philosophy 101 class?

I think therefor I am, motherfucker. SHOW ME evidence of "god" thinking. And, i'm not asking for your interpretation of attribution by assumption. Show me the email god sent to you.

last i checked the church has not created any laws by which you live......

HA! yea, dude... I mean.. I ONLY quoted the catholic news press patting themselves on the back for the result of Amendment 8.

:thup:

so the catholics prevented people from voting because they don't believe in god?

wow, you'd think something like that would make the news.

It did. See Archbishop Ray Burke's political input since the 90s.

Funny how Soggy can believe that God is responsible for bad shit, without actually believing in God.

But not so surprising since he is the author of the legendary half-abortion compromise. :lol:

que? when have I ever claimed that nutter christains calling out to an empty sky was populated by a listening god? By that measure, does it take the belief in a greek pantheon to validate the FACT of christian persecution in rome?

Sometimes, mani, you really do try to hard when reaching for my crown.

You should really try proof reading some of your own shit before you post it. You gave God credit for how people vote. I believe you used the term, "mysterious ways."

Soggy = pwned.

But hey, we do have a lot of newbies here, maybe you could resurrect your half-abortion compromise thesis so they can all get a deep appreciation for what a pig-headed nitwit you really are. :lol:

CLEARLY you didn't take your sarcasm detection pills yesterday. Should I go ahead and roll out the neon runway lights for you each time I make a snarky fucking comment? Oh, in case you missed your pills today the reference to illuminated guidance was similar sarcasm. I'd hate for you to miss two jokes two days in a row.

pwned, indeed!

:rofl:

I mean, I give abikersailer shit for trying to copy my style but YOU, sir, have been the biggest Shogun wannabe since day fucking one of your posting membership.

Last edited:
by removing the heaven carrot there is no reason for your dogma junkie ass to keep following bigoted ideas based on your mythology.

Sure it is really "bigoted" to expect people who believe to follow ten simple commandments and/or even to expect others who do not believe to follow those simple commandments such as, "Thou shalt not kill", "Thou shalt not steal", "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor", "thou shalt hounour thy mother and father", and "Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbour's wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbour's house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any thing that is thy neighbour's."

It is way too old fashioned and archaic to believe people should be decent to one another. In some peoples mind such "mythology" should be banned. Oh wait it is being banned. Cheif Justice Roy Moore was made an example for others would not expect for people to follow those commandments or even promote them in any manner.

I tellya, dude! when I think "decent to one another" I sure DO think of the last thousand years of christianity! STARTING with last falls' prop 8!

Oh the sarcasm was obvious. As was you repeatedly giving God credit for how people voted.

If I'm wrong, why are you arguing with Del? All he has been saying all along is that God isn't responsible for how these people voted.

Yep. pwned! :thup:

So we as a human race can concentrate our energies on reality based problems. Ones we can actually make progress on. Religion is all based on fantasy and rumor. Don't you think if god was proven to be a fraud that a huge portion of our attention and resources would be available for real work on real problems?

no.

So you think religion is holding our society together and it wouid become unraveled if it was proven that god does not exist?

no.

HA! yea, dude... I mean.. I ONLY quoted the catholic news press patting themselves on the back for the result of Amendment 8.

:thup:

so the catholics prevented people from voting because they don't believe in god?

wow, you'd think something like that would make the news.

It did. See Archbishop Ray Burke's political input since the 90s.

so this archbishop prevented people from casting their votes?
bullshit.

I tellya, dude! when I think "decent to one another" I sure DO think of the last thousand years of christianity! STARTING with last falls' prop 8!

Sure freedom of choice includes that ability to say no in the US when we vote now doesn't it? Damn indecent for people to refuse to redefine something or disagree with anothers life style of choice isn't it. Oh wait in the US we all live in a place where people get to make their own decisions when/if they cast their vote on how they will be regulated or ruled over.

It appears you are looking for a fall guy and decided you'll blame all of Christianity or Judiasm for all the woes of the world as your pea brain sees it. Typical, here I thought you were all for freedom from tyranny and your just another biased whiner.

Oh the sarcasm was obvious. As was you repeatedly giving God credit for how people voted.

If I'm wrong, why are you arguing with Del? All he has been saying all along is that God isn't responsible for how these people voted.

Yep. pwned! :thup:

the belief system IS, regardless of the reality of a god. And, really dude, are you seriously going to suggest that every time someone uses the parlaince of our times and says "thank god" in sarcasm that they are validating the reality of a god? I hope you've never heard someone get frustrated and say yhey are "going to kill" someone. They probably really mean it!

I argue with del because it's fun. How many times have you ever seen me choose NOT to argue with someone? If he needs clarification I am more than happy to provide such. If Ray Burke tells catholics that christians only vote republican it's PROBABLY NOT LOST ON MANY that his statement is based on more than his mere OPINION, be it a tangible god OR merely faith the belief of god.

I've told you before.. THIS is why you remain the understudy.

Forum List

Back