why is it so important to prove god does not exist.....

how do you prove it.....
That I do it for laughs? I can't...can you prove God exists?

no i meant how do you prove god doesn't exist....

if people believe god exists then god exists.....

for me personally i don't care one way or the other.....

i just find it curious how important this is to some non-believers

so then if you believe that the earth is flat then *poof* it becomes flat?

thank god for the scientific method!

The majority, yes. Go ahead and say the word and I'll start posting links if you really think that the christian faith had no correlation to overturning gay marriage in CA last year...

:lol:

california voted several years ago to define marriage.....the courts overturned it....the people then voted to define it again......eventually the people will vote to allow it.....

and yes i am aware who funded which side......

how does this relate to your desire to prove god doesn't exist.....

by removing the heaven carrot there is no reason for your dogma junkie ass to keep following bigoted ideas based on your mythology.

Did that answer your question or do we fast forward strait into martyr "im so picked on despite 08 gay hating election results" mode?

do you really believe if you outlaw religion and or some how prove god doesn't exist people will stop believing in god.....

the tried this in the soviet union.....

You can't prove he doesn't exist. Only God can prove that and for some reason he seems reluctant to do so.

I don't think people that are atheists are trying to prove God doesn't exist as much as they are asking believers to prove he does.

If people believe Santa exists does that mean he exists as well?

interesting ..... why do you feel compelled to make someone prove their faith to you.....

perception is reality....santa does exist....

:cuckoo:

:clap2:

That I do it for laughs? I can't...can you prove God exists?

so then if you believe that the earth is flat then *poof* it becomes flat?

thank god for the scientific method!

see you just proved god exists..........

You can't prove he doesn't exist. Only God can prove that and for some reason he seems reluctant to do so.

I don't think people that are atheists are trying to prove God doesn't exist as much as they are asking believers to prove he does.

If people believe Santa exists does that mean he exists as well?

interesting ..... why do you feel compelled to make someone prove their faith to you.....

perception is reality....santa does exist....

:cuckoo:

:clap2:

can you prove you exist.....can you see the sun set.....

california voted several years ago to define marriage.....the courts overturned it....the people then voted to define it again......eventually the people will vote to allow it.....

and yes i am aware who funded which side......

how does this relate to your desire to prove god doesn't exist.....

by removing the heaven carrot there is no reason for your dogma junkie ass to keep following bigoted ideas based on your mythology.

Did that answer your question or do we fast forward strait into martyr "im so picked on despite 08 gay hating election results" mode?

do you really believe if you outlaw religion and or some how prove god doesn't exist people will stop believing in god.....

I believe that until you can prove your dogma as more than a figment of your collective mythology imagination that you have no right to impose your beliefs on any other American. By all means, go practice your hayseed voodoo dance by your version of the bonfire. but, just as we don't take instruction from Fred Phelps neither should we take direction from your particular brand (tm) of faith.

the belief in jesus isn't want allowed Russia to crawl back into good social grace, dude. We didn't tear down the fucking wall in Germany so that germans could worship jesus. Thats just stupid as hell.

I believe that until you can prove your dogma as more than a figment of your collective mythology imagination that you have no right to impose your beliefs on any other American. By all means, go practice your hayseed voodoo dance by your version of the bonfire. but, just as we don't take instruction from Fred Phelps neither should we take direction from your particular brand (tm) of faith.

the belief in jesus isn't want allowed Russia to crawl back into good social grace, dude. We didn't tear down the fucking wall in Germany so that germans could worship jesus. Thats just stupid as hell.

last i checked the church has not created any laws by which you live......

All gays can have the same rights as married couples if they got married. Every gay person has the same right as anyone else to marry someone of the opposite sex, who is of age, not a blood relative and no already married. They have the same opportunities as everyone else.

That is an argument that deflects the real issue. Why do you care if someone marries someone else of the same gender? Because of your religion. Period.

Their choice not to do so, doesnt mean they are being oppressed. It doesnt mean their rights have been taken away from them. It does not give them the right to fundamentally alter definitions. Nor does it give them the right to force fundamental societal changes on the people against the wishes of the people. That is called Tyranny. It's the society as a whole who gets to decide where the society goes. Not small groups.

What changes will be forced on you if people can marry the same sex? None. Its only tyranny if you are forced to live in a way you do not choose to. Unless someone is forcing you to marry someone of the same sex, you aren't under any tyrany.

However, you miss the point. The crusades were political in nature. The religious aspect was just used as a mask to unite people and get them to fight for the cause. It was a justification. Not a cause.

The cause was Arab expansion into Europe.

Whoa. Where'd you learn that? Revisionist History Bible Studies 101? So when the Pope called for war on the Muslims who lived in Israel did it for political reasons? And all those Christians that for hundreds of years were duped into believing they were fighting to free the Holy Land aren't in someway culpable? And their beliefs aren't a reason? Sounds just like organized Christian religion!

The Muslims expanded into Europe in the 8th and 9th Centuries in Italy and Spain. The Crusades happened in the 10th and 11th Centuries in the Middle East. You really gotta read up on your history, and make sure it isn't published by a Christian organization.

HA! yea, dude... I mean.. I ONLY quoted the catholic news press patting themselves on the back for the result of Amendment 8.

:thup:

HA! yea, dude... I mean.. I ONLY quoted the catholic news press patting themselves on the back for the result of Amendment 8.

:thup:

so the catholics prevented people from voting because they don't believe in god?

wow, you'd think something like that would make the news.

Funny how Soggy can believe that God is responsible for bad shit, without actually believing in God.

But not so surprising since he is the author of the legendary half-abortion compromise. :lol:

que? when have I ever claimed that nutter christains calling out to an empty sky was populated by a listening god? By that measure, does it take the belief in a greek pantheon to validate the FACT of christian persecution in rome?

Sometimes, mani, you really do try to hard when reaching for my crown.

You should really try proof reading some of your own shit before you post it. You gave God credit for how people vote. I believe you used the term, "mysterious ways."

Soggy = pwned.

But hey, we do have a lot of newbies here, maybe you could resurrect your half-abortion compromise thesis so they can all get a deep appreciation for what a pig-headed nitwit you really are. :lol:

well.....seems odd in america a country partly founded by people fleeing religious persecution with laws protecting us from a government run by the church or a church run by the government and laws protecting ones right to practice whatever religion one wants....

that there are people that seek to denigrate people that believe in god and seem bent on trying to prove god doesn't exist......why do some of you feel so compelled......

My guess is that lots don't want to play by or be bound by the same rules that religion imposes.

For me, that's it exactly. If some people want to believe in a god or deity, fine, that's their choice. As far as I'M concerned, gods are imaginary, and I've seen NO evidence or proof that convinces me otherwise. If militant religionists can't offer any convincing evidence for their god's existence, I personally see no reason to believe in any gods, follow any religions, or attend any churches.

Not to mention that some so-called "christian" churches and sects have some of the most cruel and oppressive doctrines imaginable, especially where sex and contraception are concerned. If they want to live a life of fear and guilt, fine, that's up to them. I'll pass, since I prefer secularist FREEDOM over religionist slavery.

well.....seems odd in america a country partly founded by people fleeing religious persecution with laws protecting us from a government run by the church or a church run by the government and laws protecting ones right to practice whatever religion one wants....

that there are people that seek to denigrate people that believe in god and seem bent on trying to prove god doesn't exist......

why do some of you feel so compelled......

My guess is that lots don't want to play by or be bound by the same rules that religion imposes.

don't then.....no one forces anyone to do so....

Only because the U.S. has a Constitution and Bill of Rights that specifically PROHIBITS religion from interfering with government and legislating oppressive religious BELIEFS into laws. To borrow from an old quote (whose source I can't recall exactly now); "...there was a time when religion dominated the world. It was called the Dark Ages." I completely agree with that statement.

If we didn't have that protection, and any one religion were allowed to become dominant, I have no doubts whatsoever that everyone would be forced to follow that religion and beliefs WOULD be legislated into law.

that there are people that seek to denigrate people that believe in god and seem bent on trying to prove god doesn't exist......

So we as a human race can concentrate our energies on reality based problems. Ones we can actually make progress on. Religion is all based on fantasy and rumor. Don't you think if god was proven to be a fraud that a huge portion of our attention and resources would be available for real work on real problems?

So we as a human race can concentrate our energies on reality based problems. Ones we can actually make progress on. Religion is all based on fantasy and rumor. Don't you think if god was proven to be a fraud that a huge portion of our attention and resources would be available for real work on real problems?

hey Huggy--move right along---don't let the spiritualists hold ya back.

no.

Only because no church is ALLOWED to create any laws in the U.S. That wouldn't be the case if any of the more militant "christian" churches, including the catholic church, ever dominated in the U.S. If that happened, freedom of religion and freedom FROM religion (for those of us who choose to reject it) would be destroyed. The puritans were directly responsible for the New England Witch Trials during 1692 and 1693, and the catholic church was directly responsible for some of the most hideous TERRORIST campaigns in Europe in past centuries.

I guess the INQUISITION and MALLEUS MALEFICARUM aren't familiar to you? I suggest you google them and do some research.

Only because no church is ALLOWED to create any laws in the U.S. That wouldn't be the case if any of the more militant "christian" churches, including the catholic church, ever dominated in the U.S. If that happened, freedom of religion and freedom FROM religion (for those of us who choose to reject it) would be destroyed. The puritans were directly responsible for the New England Witch Trials during 1692 and 1693, and the catholic church was directly responsible for some of the most hideous TERRORIST campaigns in Europe in past centuries.

I guess the INQUISITION and MALLEUS MALEFICARUM aren't familiar to you? I suggest you google them and do some research.

damn--you really know how to hold a grudge.

you should use a larger font. it's much more authoritative.

ah the dirty hands argument.......because of past transgressions one can not be redeemed.....

the dems were ones pro segregation and defacto supported the kkk.....i am sure that stopped you from voting for obama....

but really......why is it so important to prove god does not exist......is it because bad men did bad things in gods name.....good men do good things in gods name......

i can't think of a christian church run government that opresses its people or makes them do anything....

Forum List

Back