Why is gay marriage legal, but not polygamy?

The same will be for same sex siblings over the age of legal consent
dont think so, it can be shown that a straight family tree can lead to birth defects after a few generations.
cousins yes, but siblings no.
as as same sex, if you let the same sex siblings marry, then you are discriminating against opposit sex siblings. All sibling marriage will therefore continue to be illegal.

Ahhhhh, the procreation argument?

Get with the times DOOD.

Please post the name of the same sex coupling that ever produced a child. You are discriminating against them because someone else can procreate?

That's funny than hell

Maybe it should be illegal because it's icky?

Hey, if you want incest marriage, make your case for it.

You already won that. You created the argument that will eventually make many incestuous marriages legal. Or you going to go back to you're reliance on tradition, which by the way, is absolutely precious.

The Obergefell ruling makes no mention of 'incest'. So I'm pretty sure you hallucinated that one.

Make your case for why you want incest marriage.

There were no words "same sex" prior to Obergefell idiot.

You opened the door with the "anyone should be free to marry who they wish" nonsense.

Tell me the legal reasoning to deny same sex siblings, above the age of consent?

Go ahead, the best I've heard is the absurd.....

Males and females procreate argument.

Same sex IS NOT the same as opposte sex.

Would allowing it harm your marriage?

Or is it just icky

By the way, I would oppose it, but likely would not have a leg to stand on now.

Tell me the legal reasoning to deny same sex siblings, above the age of consent?
There is no good reason, beyond the hair-thin genetic argument, so, what the hell are you so damn worried about? It doesn't affect you in the slightest so shut the fuck up eh?

Yes, shut up so perv's like you can continue to flush out nation down the toilet? Cuz you need company in the sewers?

Says the poor soul that abandoned any mention of the law, conceded my entire argument....and now refuses to discuss either.

You're done, troll.

The law changed dummy.

Look in the mirror Skylar, you're looking at a bigot

What law changed?

Gay marriage has been legal in Massachusetts for 10 years- yet there is still no legal polygamous marriage in Mass.

You are delusional. Until the SC redefined marriage polygamy was almost impossible, now it appears not only possible, but using YOUR arguments, inevitable.
the courts will be challeneged, and unless the courts can come up with a reason that it is detrimental to society, then it will have to be allowed, the reason used by the supreme court last time around is no longer a valid excuse.
Being outside of the established norms of society is no longer a valid argument to prohibit polygamy.

If you cannot formulate an argument against sibling marriage today, then you couldn't make an argument against it on Thursday.

Do you have any argument against sibling marriage? Or do you support sibling marriage?

The law changed dummy.

Look in the mirror Skylar, you're looking at a bigot

What law changed?

Gay marriage has been legal in Massachusetts for 10 years- yet there is still no legal polygamous marriage in Mass.

You are delusional. Until the SC redefined marriage polygamy was almost impossible, now it appears not only possible, but using YOUR arguments, inevitable.
the courts will be challeneged, and unless the courts can come up with a reason that it is detrimental to society, then it will have to be allowed, the reason used by the supreme court last time around is no longer a valid excuse.
Being outside of the established norms of society is no longer a valid argument to prohibit polygamy.

If you cannot formulate an argument against sibling marriage today, then you couldn't make an argument against it on Thursday.

Do you have any argument against sibling marriage? Or do you support sibling marriage?

Are you really that stupid?

Prior to same sex marriage there was a reason to deny opposing sex siblings from marrying. This has been previously posted. Clean bloodlines.

Now do you need to worry about two gay siblings having sex and one getting pregnant? Or are you simply delusional?

What law changed?

Prior to same sex marriage there was a reason to deny opposing sex siblings from marrying. This has been previously posted. Clean bloodlines.

Now do you need to worry about two gay siblings having sex and one getting pregnant? Or are you simply delusional?

Incest in its classic term. One could be legal, the other????

dont think so, it can be shown that a straight family tree can lead to birth defects after a few generations.
cousins yes, but siblings no.
as as same sex, if you let the same sex siblings marry, then you are discriminating against opposit sex siblings. All sibling marriage will therefore continue to be illegal.

Get with the times DOOD.

Please post the name of the same sex coupling that ever produced a child. You are discriminating against them because someone else can procreate?

That's funny than hell

You already won that. You created the argument that will eventually make many incestuous marriages legal. Or you going to go back to you're reliance on tradition, which by the way, is absolutely precious.

The Obergefell ruling makes no mention of 'incest'. So I'm pretty sure you hallucinated that one.

Really?

Windsor v. U.S. said:
DOMA cannot survive under these principles. Its unusual deviation from the tradition of recognizing and accepting state definitions of marriage operates to deprive same-sex couples of the benefits and responsibilities that come with federal recognition of their marriages.

That was in 2013. Which I'm pretty sure was before the Obergefell ruling.

You opened the door with the "anyone should be free to marry who they wish" nonsense.

Can you show me where in the Obergefell ruling it says 'anyone should be free to marry who they wish'?

(looking through the Obergefell ruling)......nope. No mention of marriage between sibling marriage in the Obergefell ruling. And lets see.....nope, no mention of 'age of consent' either.

So you tell me how they're relevant.

And if you have an argument for sibling marriage, make it. If you have an argument for eliminating the age of consent, make it. Tell us why you want both.

Get with the times DOOD.

That's funny than hell

Really?

Windsor v. U.S. said:
DOMA cannot survive under these principles. Its unusual deviation from the tradition of recognizing and accepting state definitions of marriage operates to deprive same-sex couples of the benefits and responsibilities that come with federal recognition of their marriages.

Can you show me where in the Obergefell ruling it says 'anyone should be free to marry who they wish'?

(looking through the Obergefell ruling)......nope. No mention of marriage between sibling marriage in the Obergefell ruling. And lets see.....nope, no mention of 'age of consent' either.

And if you have an argument for sibling marriage, make it. If you have an argument for eliminating the age of consent, make it. Tell us why you want both.

A marriage license is only issued to people over the state age of consent dummy

There is no reason, so, what the hell are you so damn worried about? It doesn't affect you in the slightest so shut the fuck up eh?

Someone screwing a cat in SanJose doesn't affect me either, but I stand opposed.

Another Conservative unable to tell the difference between screwing a cat, and consensual marriage
What law changed?

So you have no objection to opposite sex siblings from marrying if one of them is sterile?

Really?

Windsor v. U.S. said:

A marriage license is only issued to people over the state age of consent dummy

Can I take it from your complete abandonment of the topic that prior to Obergefell that there were the words 'same sex'? And none of the 'paraphrases' you offered us from Obergefell actually existed, did they?

And if you have an argument to make for same sex siblings...make it. Tell us why you think it should be legal.

Get with the times DOOD.

That's funny than hell

Really?

Windsor v. U.S. said:

You understand the difference between an argument and a ruling?, right?

Marriage can be pretty much anything, so say the courts. Is has been cheapened... next up, inter-species marriage, polygamy, children, etc. MArriage has been rendered meaningless.

I have to admit- I am really enjoying the complete melt down of the far right.

Sorry that your marriage is now meaningless.

Mine is doing just fine.

Well, good for you....

There is no reason, so, what the hell are you so damn worried about? It doesn't affect you in the slightest so shut the fuck up eh?

Someone screwing a cat in SanJose doesn't affect me either, but I stand opposed.

Another Conservative unable to tell the difference between screwing a cat, and consensual marriage

So you have no objection to opposite sex siblings from marrying if one of them is sterile?

You are stupid

As stated earlier, I would oppose sibling marriage regardless, but now it appears there appears no legal leg to stand on when it would come to same sex siblings.

Marriage can be pretty much anything, so say the courts. Is has been cheapened... next up, inter-species marriage, polygamy, children, etc. MArriage has been rendered meaningless.

I have to admit- I am really enjoying the complete melt down of the far right.

Sorry that your marriage is now meaningless.

Mine is doing just fine.
saying that this makes someone elses marriage meaningless would be like telling an accomplished chef that his skills were now no longer of value because they made the easy bake oven.

The public opinion -- the political pressure is not there. There are not enough people seeking multi-partner marriage to pressure the courts into accepting it. That being said, most of the same fundamental arguments used to support same sex marriage would also apply to polygamy.

Translated, there are no money rich lobbiest throwing money at politicians to get them to lift a finger to legalize polygamy. On top of that, Mormons are the lowest of the low, they are religious conservatives who spend all their money raising families instead of sending it to Washington for "hope and change".

The IRS laughs at the rights of polygamist conservative mormons. The best chance is for polygamist gays who want to marry.

Really?

Windsor v. U.S. said:

You understand the difference between an argument and a ruling?, right?

You understand the difference between 'prior' and 'after', right? Because the words 'same sex' were most definitely prior to Obergefell:

Windsor v. U.S. said:
OMA cannot survive under these principles. Its unusual deviation from the tradition of recognizing and accepting state definitions of marriage operates to deprive same-sex couples of the benefits and responsibilities that come with federal recognition of their marriages.

That was 2013. Which is prior to 2015 when the Obergefell ruling came down.

As for sibling same sex marriage.....make your argument. Tell us why you think it should be legal.

Forum List

Back