Why does the left continue to HUMILIATE themselves on the WMD issue?

Only the OP and those on the right who agree with him have been humiliated.
Few topics fill me with rage like the spurious rationales for the Iraq invasion. If republicans want to restart this conversation in an attempt to make Jeb a more palatable candidate then it is going to fail as badly as their war. In the infamous words of Dubya "Bring it on".

And now we can add the NY Times to the list of hard-core left-wing libs who now acknowledge that WMD's were in fact located in Iraq...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/16/w...ght-and-destroyed-iraqi-chemical-weapons.html
Idiot alert!

Many rockets were in poor condition and some were empty or held a nonlethal liquid, the officials said. But others contained the nerve agent sarin, which analysis showed to be purer than the intelligence community had expected given the age of the stock.
Not even the intelligence community thought there were threats of WMD from Iraq that justified an invasion. The intel community did NOT think any leftover stuff in some old rockets (which we knew they had ) would be pure enough to pose a substantial threat

Dante supported invading Iraq, but NOT on the wmd argument

These munitions were remnants of an Iraqi special weapons program that was abandoned long before the 2003 invasion, and they turned up sporadically during the American occupation in buried caches, as part of improvised bombs or on black markets.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/16/w...ht-and-destroyed-iraqi-chemical-weapons.html?

“It was a shock, it was a total shock–I couldn’t believe the vice president was saying this,” Gen. Anthony Zinni, the former commander in chief of U.S. Central Command, told me in an interview for the documentary. Zinni, who had access to the most sensitive U.S. intelligence on Iraq, was on a stage in Nashville, Tennessee, receiving an award from the Veteran of Foreign Wars on August 26, 2002, when he heard the vice president launch the opening salvo in the Bush administration’s campaign to generate public support for an invasion. “Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction,” Cheney said. “There is no doubt he is amassing them to use against our friends, against our allies and against us.”

Zinni, sitting right next to Cheney’s lectern, says he “literally bolted” when he heard the vice president’s comments. “In doing work with the CIA on Iraq WMD [weapons of mass destruction], through all the briefings I heard at Langley, I never saw one piece of credible evidence that there was an ongoing program.” He recounts going to one of those CIA briefings and being struck by how thin the agency’s actual knowledge of Iraqi weapons programs was. “What I was hearing [from Bush administration officials] and what I knew did not jive,” Zinni says.

How the Bush administration sold the Iraq war MSNBC

Once again, Bush was not right all along.
[N]ote that the Times story says that these weapons were manufactured before the 1991 invasion of Kuwait. Indeed, from 1991 to 1998, U.N. weapons inspectors uncovered Iraq’s secret biological weapons program and a project to enrich uranium – and then eliminated vast stockpiles of chemical and biological agents.

Such pre-1991 chemical-weapons shells (often empty) were found by U.N. weapons inspectors just before the 2003 invasion of Iraq by the United States. The Bush administration, by contrast, staked its WMD claims on an active, on-going program that was restarted after the Kuwait conflict.
The right finds new ways to flub WMD story MSNBC

It is a FACT that large caches of WMD's were in fact located in Iraq.

An indisputable fact. That fact has been confirmed by none other than the radical left-wing propaganda machine of the dumbocrat party - MSNBC (see link below which was initially on MSNBC's website and has since been migrated to the NBC website since the split). It has also been confirmed by WikiLeak cables! It has been confirmed by former special forces operators, authors, reporters, and more. How the left can continue to deny the world is round, the sky is blue, and the sun is hot is simply absurd. They have ZERO credibility left when they try to deny fact.

Poodle, once again, we did not got war with Iraq because Saddam had some old leaky chemical shells buried in the desert somewhere. No one went to war over the Cutting Edge Weapon of 1914.

We went to war because Saddam had Anthrax and Nukes, supposedly. And when those failed to show up, you guys retreated into 'Well, Saddam was a very bad man' mode as though that justified 4500 dead Americans and 150,000 dead Iraqis.

Even Bush's brother isn't making claims we "found" WMD's.

Forum List

Back