CDZ Why do you work ?

All we depend on money. Here in the USA we are even addicted to money. 95% of the wolrd (seems to be true statistics) works simply because it earns them money which they can spend on things that truly make them happy, eg. family, hookers, booze, small pets. Very few people work because they love the work they do.

All we depend on money. Here in the USA we are even addicted to money. 95% of the wolrd (seems to be true statistics) works simply because it earns them money which they can spend on things that truly make them happy, eg. family, hookers, booze, small pets. Very few people work because they love the work they do.
Damn! I forgot about hookers.

Hey bub, I've been shit on the floor poor several times in my life and I've survived. Without sucking Uncle Sam's tit.

Some of the worst, yet best, memories of my life.

I think most people would say they work for the money.
Or more specifically, they work for the money, which allows them to live and enjoy the time they don't spend working.
Yes people won't work at all if it were possible.

I think most people would say they work for the money.
Or more specifically, they work for the money, which allows them to live and enjoy the time they don't spend working.
Yes people won't work at all if it were possible.
I work for pennies on my dollar because I work for my siblings who are my Board of Directors.

I have no vacation allowance, I have no retirement fund, I have no insurance, I have no nothing.

My ex-boss is cynical and said that the only reason the workers work is for money, not pride for a job well done or any other reason. why do you work besides the obvious of getting a paycheck to support you and/or your family ? Is money really the only reason to get up everyday and go to work ?
Americans are not so hard working persons, are we?

I work to pay taxes and contribute my fair share to society and the work force as a whole. To help make America grow, and to help make the country a better place to live in. And I am not afraid to say....I do work for a paycheck. I wish I was paid what I was worth, and for the non-sense I have had to deal with for the past 14 1/2 years. Until recently.......I was ( figuratively speaking ) ran over - stabbed in the back - had my throat cut - been treated very unfairly - and as I believe......had some of my workplace rights and civil rights violated. But if I told the story of what I have had to endure or deal with for the past 14 1/2 years ( longer but I will not go there ) people would not believe me......because in fact ; my story over the past 14 1/2 years is hard to believe.

People need to do their fair share, and people have a right to be compensated for their work / work they have performed.

The American worker is the center of American Industry.

Shadow 355

I would like to take this time and opportunity to "blame the Right" for engendering the conditions that require me to learn how to use not Only a Hammer, but also a Sickle due to an work ethic from the Age of Iron.

I would like to take this time and opportunity to "blame the Right" for engendering the conditions that require me to learn how to use not Only a Hammer, but also a Sickle due to an work ethic from the Age of Iron.

More Danny boys BS. You choose to work, no one makes you work, in fact you can live as a homeless person if you choose.

I work because it's work to support a family, and I like to support my own.

I work because I think people are supposed to work, and because I want my children to understand that, and to always be able to support themselves.

We used to be the firm of Oldfart and Son; now we are Youngfart and Father. I started retiring about seven years ago (after a triple bypass) and work a little less each year. First to go was everything I found irritating about the job. I no longer get paid, but if I want some money for anything beyond my retirement income and savings, I can always take a distribution. Since I pay taxes on "my share" of the profits each year, I have built up a hell of a capital account.

My ex-boss is cynical and said that the only reason the workers work is for money, not pride for a job well done or any other reason. why do you work besides the obvious of getting a paycheck to support you and/or your family ? Is money really the only reason to get up everyday and go to work ?
Americans are not so hard working persons, are we?
A good test would be to see if you would do your job for zero compensation. If you wont then your boss is right.

More Danny boys BS. You choose to work, no one makes you work, in fact you can live as a homeless person if you choose.
I could live as a homeless person but then i would not be practicing a first world work ethic which includes petitions for redress of grievances.

I could live as a homeless person but then i would not be practicing a first world work ethic which includes petitions for redress of grievances.

So you make a choice. Then you whine about the choice you make. Every decision has pluses and minuses, just the way life is.

I enjoy my work and I won't work where I don't like it, life is way too short.

Last edited:

So you make a choice. Then you whine about the choice you make. Every decision has pluses and minuses, just the way life is.

So what. I have learned to turn chores into hobbies for free.

In any case, I am practicing a first world work ethic when arguing for equality before the law.

Anyone can work hard.

In any case, I am practicing a first world work ethic when arguing for equality before the law.

Anyone can work hard.

You saying I don't have a good work ethic or am ethical?

You are no better or worse than anyone else. You make choices and then complain.

I despise the people that think they do a greater good. They are very self righteous and phoney. We all are equal and we do what we can do. I don't care what your field or profession.

Anyone can work hard.

You are no better or worse than anyone else. You make choices and then complain.

I despise the people that think they do a greater good. They are very self righteous and phoney. We all are equal and we do what we can do. I don't care what your field or profession.
I am saying merely working hard doesn't mean as much in the first world as it does in the third world.

Anyone can work hard.

I am saying merely working hard doesn't mean as much in the first world as it does in the third world.
Sure it doesn't. :dunno:

Anyone can work hard.

Sure it doesn't. :dunno:
Of course not; working smarter, not harder is the lot for first worlders.

I work for a pay check. I have bills to.pay. If I had unlimited financial resources or no bills I would not work. It's that simple.

I used to take pride in my job. Then I came to the difficult realization that my employer didn't give a fuck about ME, our customers or anything else beyond the almighty dollar and therefore I had no reason to go above or beyond the minimum work necessary.
Agreed. You did, however, leave out an additional part about managers trying to make themselves look good to their bosses (making quotas, coming in under budget, etc.) at the expense of their subordinates.

Forum List

Back