CDZ Why do you work ?

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
My ex-boss is cynical and said that the only reason the workers work is for money, not pride for a job well done or any other reason. why do you work besides the obvious of getting a paycheck to support you and/or your family ? Is money really the only reason to get up everyday and go to work ?
Americans are not so hard working persons, are we?

I work because there is no pride in a moral job well done with our own laws regarding the concept of employment at will.

Otherwise, I would be trying to be the best capitalist I can be, even without learning how to fish.

Jason Aldean - The Only Way I Know (Lyric Video) …:

I thrive on guest satisfaction.
I can do my job faster and more efficiently than people around me half my age.
When I'm cooking I make every meal like I cooked it for my Mom.

The money isn't great......but I have what I need and love who and what I have.

My ex-boss is cynical and said that the only reason the workers work is for money, not pride for a job well done or any other reason. why do you work besides the obvious of getting a paycheck to support you and/or your family ? Is money really the only reason to get up everyday and go to work ?
Explain to your boss the difference between a job, a vocation, a career, and a calling.....

If nothing else, it would be amusing to see the expressions change on his or her face.

I can make a lot more money doing something else, but, I have flexibility, work from home and the buck doesn't' stop at me. I don't have to ever work evenings or weekends, and, I can pay by bil;s and still go out to eat and have vacations.
That works for me.

Explain to your boss the difference between a job, a vocation, a career, and a calling.....

If nothing else, it would be amusing to see the expressions change on his or her face.
I started out thinking it was just a vocation. Then I turned it into a career.
Lately, honestly, it feels more like a calling.
Too often I see why I am where I am
:cool:

What do you do?

What do you do?
Restaurant Management

What do you do?
Restaurant Management

that's a hard job. sounds fun thought! are you social? extrverted?

The only calling I have is My own pleasure at getting in some good research on topics that interest Me.

However.....to Me, a calling is something one would do for free...like medical research to cure things like children's disease...It can, for some people, include teaching....but things of that nature...

A career is something someone does because they have a passion for it, but its not something they feel they have to do in order to get self satisfaction.

A vocation is just a trained level of skills for doing a job..

A job is something one does to pay the bills.

What do you do?
Restaurant Management
LOL

My wife manages 6 Subway Restaurants. She does NOT consider it a career.

The concept of earning is understandable to those who share that concept. If I want something, for example, I can take what I want from someone who already has it, and that is a criminal form of earning.

A criminal earns something when a criminal works at finding someone who has what the criminal wants, and then the criminal works at taking what the victim has earned.

The criminal form of earning can be seen as a counterfeit form of earning.

Someone rejecting the criminal (counterfeit) form of earning will then be discovering something called the entrepreneurial spirit in liberty. In other words the individual who rejects the criminal version of earning a living will find a need to know what other people want, and then the individual will then need to know how to work at producing what other people want, so as then to give to other people what other people want, in exchange for what the individual wants, rather than working criminally at taking what the criminal wants.

1. Criminal's working for criminal money.

2. Non-criminals working for criminal money.

3. Non-criminals working for other non-criminals as competitive entrepreneurial spirits creating and maintaining free markets in liberty.

So the questions are:

"why do you work besides the obvious of getting a paycheck to support you and/or your family ?"

I work so as to earn (by producing a part of) a higher quality life and a lower cost life for myself and for anyone else, including posterity, whose work is shared in this way.

"Is money really the only reason to get up everyday and go to work ?"

Criminal money is counterfeit on purpose. Criminal money works for criminals so as to afford criminals the power they need to buy more criminals who obey any criminal order without question. Working for criminal money works best for the criminals, they make out like bandits, as every transaction works to move power from those who earn economic power as that power flows to the criminals who steal that economic purchasing power. The obvious demonstration of this fact is exemplified when the Central Bank Counterfeit Money Criminals "double the money supply," and in that way all the money held by everyone else who are "working for that money" have their power to purchase reduced by half through something euphemistically called "inflation," or "Quantitative Easing."

"Americans are not so hard working persons, are we?"

Some parents are working more than 2 jobs each just to cover their costs that include so called Federal Income Tax, State Tax, County Tax, City Tax, "inflation" tax, sales tax, excise tax, import tax, export tax, farting tax, breathing tax, and the heart beat tax.

I owe, I owe, so off to work I go..................

Don't work, you don't eat bow bow bow.............

I'm bored with the work I do, but it pays the bills and keeps a roof over the head of my family............I make good money at it and it's a honest living......................Which works for me...............

What do you do?
Restaurant Management

that's a hard job. sounds fun thought! are you social? extrverted?
Me?

:lmao:

I have fun and so does my staff and my customers
:D

The only calling I have is My own pleasure at getting in some good research on topics that interest Me.

However.....to Me, a calling is something one would do for free...like medical research to cure things like children's disease...It can, for some people, include teaching....but things of that nature...

A career is something someone does because they have a passion for it, but its not something they feel they have to do in order to get self satisfaction.

A calling can be something you get paid for.
what do you love?

A calling can be something you get paid for.
what do you love?
If you get paid for it, that is what we call the best of all possible worlds...:c)

Forum List

Back