Why do the God-haters persist?

I find it fascinating that you figured out the organized religions are completely made up stories but you have somehow told yourself that this doesn't disprove god...

Why do you keep repeating this and claiming I said it? I don't know what is made up stories, they could all be entirely true stories. I said I don't believe them personally, that doesn't mean I think they are made up or untrue. Again... you are LIGHT YEARS away from being "just like" me.

Admit it. If you believed their stories you'd be saying you are a christian for fear of going to hell. The fact that you "don't personally believe them" is enough of an admission.

Of course you think they are made up. If not Jesus really said only through him can you enter the kingdom of heaven, and he performed miracles. If all that really happened, then you are going to hell for your beliefs. So you are not buying the christian story.

Oh, and I was looking for something that could teach you how to be a good person without god. God is unnecessary. Just follow these steps

How to Be a Good Person 28 Steps with Pictures - wikiHow

Take number 15 out. Says pray/meditate. That one is not necessary. But if people followed these steps they would be good people. The Bible/Koran are not doing a good job teaching people how to be good.

Too funny... you run and find a web page that tells you "how to be a good person" then you want to start modifying the list of things it says to do? Who the hell put you in charge of determining what is and isn't necessary to be a good person? Since when do we offer up links to support our views under the condition we can cherry pick the information to make it fit our view?

As for what I believe about the Bible/Koran, they are good sources for how to live a clean spiritual life, as far as I can tell. There are things in there that I consider to be allegory and metaphoric in nature because I believe that is how ancient people told stories back then. I find nothing in the Bible that refutes what I personally believe or my understanding of a spiritual God. Others may make a different interpretation, but I don't worry about what others think.

Look... I am not a Christian, if that were the case, I've condemned myself to hell by denying Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Why the hell would a Christian do that to fool someone on a message board? I respect their religion, I don't have a problem with what Christians believe... hell, maybe that's how God wants us to all believe? I don't know. What I DO know is, I make a connection with God and realize blessings from it. Take that for whatever it is worth.

The fact that you say you know either tells me you are delusional or a liar. You don't know anything.

Where you been? Missed you.

Well, when I pray and then gain blessings and benefits from my prayers, that isn't a delusion to me, it really does happen.

The god you pray to, if he exists, isn't listening to you.

Miracles have not been demonstrated to occur and here is why. Most alleged miracles can be explained as statistically unlikely occurrences. For example, one child surviving a plane crash that kills two hundred others is not a miracle. God did not save that child.

Such claims can be dismissed as the result of magical thinking, misattribution, credulity, hearsay and anecdote. Eye-witness testimony and anecdotal accounts are, by themselves, not reliable or definitive forms of proof for such extraordinary claims.

Divine intervention claims most often concern systems and events for which we have poor predictive capabilities, for example, weather, sports, health and social/economic interactions. Such claims are rarely made in relation to those things we can accurately predict and test e.g. the motion of celestial bodies, boiling point of water and pull of gravity.

If a god is constantly intervening in the universe it supposedly created, then it is with such ambiguity as to appear completely indistinguishable from normal background chance.

Theists like you often fail to adequately apportion blame when claims of your particular god’s ‘infinite mercy’ or ‘omnibenevolence’ involve sparing a few lives in a disaster but the other 999 die.

Euthyphro dilemma, Confirmation bias,Cherry Picking.

Okay, so now you are back to denying any possibility that a God exists... full blown Atheist. I like you better when you're pretending to be neutral and saying that you just don't know one way or the other. At least you sound half-assed reasonable and not like some mindless drone.

What you are doing in this example is the familiar Atheist tactic of second guessing God with regard to who lives and dies. What is funny about this argument is, for God to be the "perfect God" you expect, all humans would be immortal and never die. We would simply have everlasting life in the physical, never get sick, never suffer, and never perish. Now the problem is, if this were the case, we'd run out of room on the planet very quickly. We'd also have the problem of no need for an afterlife, hence, no reason for spiritual connection with any God.

I don't know if the God I pray to "listens" ...listening is a human physical sense. But I do know that utilizing spiritual energy to my advantage works, just like plugging a lamp into an outlet. Miracles DO happen that cannot be explained by science. I've seen them happen, they've happened to me.

Okay, so now you are back to denying any possibility that a God exists... full blown Atheist. I like you better when you're pretending to be neutral and saying that you just don't know one way or the other. At least you sound half-assed reasonable and not like some mindless drone.

What you are doing in this example is the familiar Atheist tactic of second guessing God with regard to who lives and dies. What is funny about this argument is, for God to be the "perfect God" you expect, all humans would be immortal and never die. We would simply have everlasting life in the physical, never get sick, never suffer, and never perish. Now the problem is, if this were the case, we'd run out of room on the planet very quickly. We'd also have the problem of no need for an afterlife, hence, no reason for spiritual connection with any God.

I don't know if the God I pray to "listens" ...listening is a human physical sense. But I do know that utilizing spiritual energy to my advantage works, just like plugging a lamp into an outlet. Miracles DO happen that cannot be explained by science. I've seen them happen, they've happened to me.

So we die here because we'd run out of room and god created a heaven where we can all live forever? Why did he bother with here? Why not just go right to heaven where we can immediately connect with god? So god has to create little men so he can have friends to connect iwth?

Do you hear yourself? Do you hear how silly you sound?

I've heard your miracle stories. Sound just like my catholic friends stories. Hogwash. The mind is an amazing thing. Even capable of fooling itself. You could be crazy. De' Jah Voo. You think it happened the way it happened. Science can explain away what happened to you. Luck? What about the thousands of people that same day who got killed or raped or are starving? Why does god help you? Wishful thinking.

Anyways, you said a couple things were FACTS and I called bullshit. I think what you said were facts are not facts and you just moved on. See what you do? You say things are FACTS when they are not, so you don't realize your entire argument is wrong because your premise is wrong right from the start. I called bs and you ignored. Indian pussy from the dirty south who's had a 3some with his 2 gay but conservative buddies who probably just tell you what you want to hear so you shut the fuck up. LOL.

Most of the time, these reasons center around that person's life choices. They have totally abandoned the God they very much believe in, so they can be unaccountable for their moral behaviors. As long as there is "no god" to judge them, they can do whatever they please and there are no consequences. It's important that we understand, any time someone is doing something immoral or wrong, they had rather have company. This provides a codependency, a way they can somehow justify their behavior to themselves.

Without God people are unaccountable for their behaviours? I think the millions behind bars might take issue with that.

So this is why the God-haters persist on message boards and forums, to 'recruit' people over to their way of thinking. They believe they can ridicule and cajole people into being ashamed of their beliefs and those people will ultimately join their faction. If nothing else, it is 'therapeutic' for them to vent their anger and vitriol toward the God they know is real, and they are almost certain to meet up with others who are doing the same thing.

Isn't it a fundamental imperative of Christians to 'recruit' people? Why don't you compose a rant vilifying them?

Most of the time, these reasons center around that person's life choices. They have totally abandoned the God they very much believe in, so they can be unaccountable for their moral behaviors. As long as there is "no god" to judge them, they can do whatever they please and there are no consequences. It's important that we understand, any time someone is doing something immoral or wrong, they had rather have company. This provides a codependency, a way they can somehow justify their behavior to themselves.

QUOTE]

Without God people are unaccountable for their behaviours? I think the millions behind bars might take issue with that.

What do you mean? 99% of the prison population say they believe in god(s).

Also, this is why I know why boss is wrong. He believes atheism means mean, evil, hate, angry, bad. He's wrong.

QUOTE]

Also, this is why I know why boss is wrong. He believes atheism means mean, evil, hate, angry, bad. He's wrong.

99% of atheists generally have little or nothing to say on the subject.

there is no such thing as an Atheist because you would have to KNOW there is no God. Only God can know all things. Even if there was no God it cannot be proven by a sinful, limited human.

That is hardly what an atheist is. That's like saying everyone believes there's a Bigfoot because no one really KNOWS there isn't one.

So this is why the God-haters persist on message boards and forums, to 'recruit' people over to their way of thinking. They believe they can ridicule and cajole people into being ashamed of their beliefs and those people will ultimately join their faction. If nothing else, it is 'therapeutic' for them to vent their anger and vitriol toward the God they know is real, and they are almost certain to meet up with others who are doing the same thing.

Isn't it a fundamental imperative of Christians to 'recruit' people? Why don't you compose a rant vilifying them?

You are right. Change a few words and we could say the same thing about theists. They believe they can scare and lie people into being ashamed and ultimately join their church. If nothing else, it is 'therapeutic' for them to try to convert people.

I find it fascinating that you figured out the organized religions are completely made up stories but you have somehow told yourself that this doesn't disprove god...

Why do you keep repeating this and claiming I said it? I don't know what is made up stories, they could all be entirely true stories. I said I don't believe them personally, that doesn't mean I think they are made up or untrue. Again... you are LIGHT YEARS away from being "just like" me.

Admit it. If you believed their stories you'd be saying you are a christian for fear of going to hell. The fact that you "don't personally believe them" is enough of an admission.

Of course you think they are made up. If not Jesus really said only through him can you enter the kingdom of heaven, and he performed miracles. If all that really happened, then you are going to hell for your beliefs. So you are not buying the christian story.

Oh, and I was looking for something that could teach you how to be a good person without god. God is unnecessary. Just follow these steps

Take number 15 out. Says pray/meditate. That one is not necessary. But if people followed these steps they would be good people. The Bible/Koran are not doing a good job teaching people how to be good.

Too funny... you run and find a web page that tells you "how to be a good person" then you want to start modifying the list of things it says to do? Who the hell put you in charge of determining what is and isn't necessary to be a good person? Since when do we offer up links to support our views under the condition we can cherry pick the information to make it fit our view?

As for what I believe about the Bible/Koran, they are good sources for how to live a clean spiritual life, as far as I can tell. There are things in there that I consider to be allegory and metaphoric in nature because I believe that is how ancient people told stories back then. I find nothing in the Bible that refutes what I personally believe or my understanding of a spiritual God. Others may make a different interpretation, but I don't worry about what others think.

Look... I am not a Christian, if that were the case, I've condemned myself to hell by denying Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Why the hell would a Christian do that to fool someone on a message board? I respect their religion, I don't have a problem with what Christians believe... hell, maybe that's how God wants us to all believe? I don't know. What I DO know is, I make a connection with God and realize blessings from it. Take that for whatever it is worth.

Ironic that on the anniversary of 9/11 you're here to convince us that it's the atheists who are the real bad guys.

You are right. Change a few words and we could say the same thing about theists. They believe they can scare and lie people into being ashamed and ultimately join their church. If nothing else, it is 'therapeutic' for them to try to convert people.

Thus the author of this thread is engaging in a fallacy of insisting that atheists be held to a standard (i.e., of minding their own business and leaving other people alone) that he, as a person of faith, would never hold himself to,

and would in fact be angered at the mere suggestion that he should.

QUOTE]

99% of atheists generally have little or nothing to say on the subject.

I think a lot of them don't bother because they don't see the point. I think society needs to know it's being lied to. I'm a "militant" atheist.

Atheists are most often called ‘militant’ when they passionately defend reason and advocate critical thinking. The bar theists set for perceived hostility appears to be any atheist simply voicing an opinion in dissent of religious belief. In contrast, the bar atheists set for perceived theistic hostility is any form of religiously motivated violence or oppression.

Theists tell us we're going to hell. How should we reply? Or are you saying we shouldn't even reply? That's what you would love. Sorry. If you guys want to be loud and proud about Jesus, I want to be loud and proud about the Constitution and the whole keeping church and state apart. The religious right reminds me of ISIS.

Atheism does not preclude someone from being argumentative or insensitive; those things are simply seen as being preferable to killing one another over an imaginary friend.

A ‘militant’ atheist will debate in a University or appeal for the separation of religion and government. A militant theist will kill doctors, stone women to death, incite religious war, restrict sexual and gender equality and convince children they are flawed and worthless – all under the instruction of their imagined ‘god’ or holy book.

Ironic that on the anniversary of 9/11 you're here to convince us that it's the atheists who are the real bad guys.

The god fearing/loving/believing theists who flew planes into our buildings on 9-11 are a great example of how god is not necessary or even necessarily very good at teaching right and wrong.

I bet the terrorists, like boss, think they talked to god all the time too. They think god is on their side. They think they are good because god is on their side.

Thus the author of this thread is engaging in a fallacy of insisting that atheists be held to a standard (i.e., of minding their own business and leaving other people alone) that he, as a person of faith, would never hold himself to,

and would in fact be angered at the mere suggestion that he should.

Well he only believes in a generic god so he isn't a bible thumper so he might argue with you on that but there is no doubt he has cherry picked a lot of his half breed beliefs from the bible. He's a spiritualist. He believes because primitive man couldn't have possibly made it up. Not with their superstitious, creative, imaginative, scared, uneducated brains. No way. We can come up with angels, devils, ghosts, big foot, boogy men, santa clause, the wild stories of noah and adam and jesus, but boss can't imagine that we originally invented god first. Just look at how many religions have come and gone in just 10,000 years.

[

Well he only believes in a generic god so he isn't a bible thumper so he might argue with you on that but there is no doubt he has cherry picked a lot of his half breed beliefs from the bible. He's a spiritualist. He believes because primitive man couldn't have possibly made it up. Not with their superstitious, creative, imaginative, scared, uneducated brains. No way. We can come up with angels, devils, ghosts, big foot, boogy men, santa clause, the wild stories of noah and adam and jesus, but boss can't imagine that we originally invented god first. Just look at how many religions have come and gone in just 10,000 years.

Preaching against atheists is preaching for God.

[

Preaching against atheists is preaching for God.

So any god will do? Are you a christian? Then you must be offended at the fact Jews and Muslims don't believe your story. And Muslims say their way is the only way. So do born agains and Mormons.

We are all atheists. You just happen to believe in one more god than I do. When you realize your stories are no more believable than theirs, you'll realize that maybe like theirs, your stories are all made up too.

Sorry if the truth hurts. Sometimes it does. Not trying to offend you just like theists aren't when they tell you if you don't believe you'll go to hell. Or won't go to heaven.

Honestly, the only theists I can get along with admit that belief doesn't matter, if there is a god/creator and IF that god actually cares about you, only being good would matter.

That is unless you believe the chistian story, where god/jesus said you have to join the cult to get into heaven. Or the Muslim story where only Muslims go to heaven. or Mormons or Jehovas so on and so on. Wake up.

Let's be clear, the OP is not "preaching against atheists" at all. It's preaching against "God-haters" who are completely a different breed. My sister, a devout Christian, considers ME an atheist. She will tell you that I am going straight to hell when I die. I love her, she's my sister, I respect what she believes, I just don't agree with it.

God-haters often hide behind the Atheist brand, or in silly boob's case, the Atheist Agnostic brand. They believe this lends an air of credibility to what they have to say, which is mostly a hate-filled denigration of God-believers. It's important to know the God-haters are not really Atheists, they believe in God, they just hate God.

Forum List

Back