Why do the God-haters persist?

Your physical body doesn't live on, it can't. Spiritual isn't physical, so it doesn't have to abide by physical rules, entropy and whatnot. Your spirit, the essence of who you are, your mind and thoughts, the things that aren't part of your physiology, are part of your spiritual presence. These things "live on" because there is no such thing as death to them, only physical things die. Your soul will move to some other place or dimension, you will not realize a physical existence anymore, that expired with your physical body. Where you go and what happens next is beyond my ability to understand. That said, I have to assume that Spiritual Nature has some objective in mind because it guides our souls in the physical toward a clear direction of goodness.

Spiritual isn't physical, so it doesn't have to abide by physical rules ...

not everyone believes there is such a defining difference between physical and spiritual and the same rules indeed may apply and certainly any composition would be governed in some manner.

These things "live on" because there is no such thing as death to them ... only physical things die.

not having a religion has its benefits -

That said, I have to assume that Spiritual Nature has some objective in mind because it guides our souls in the physical toward a clear direction of goodness.

for the religious it is either or - Triumph of Good vs Evil or perish.

in your case if you do not fulfill the prophecy Commandment, you believe you will continue to exist - why then is there your physiology at all ?

the answer to why depends entirely on your own personal pov...in the case of flooding or fires or earthquakes and many human endeavors the how and the why are one in the same...

But how and why are two different questions. To make them the same is called "circular reasoning." That's the most convenient way out when you don't have an answer. It all boils down to the old "JUST BECAUSE" argument.
false .. why something happens is most often the same as how it it did.
circular reason is a hilarious statement coming from you .
why did that fire happen? someone was careless with a match.
how did that fire happen someone was careless with a match.

False. It NEVER is.
Why did that fire happen? Someone was careless with a match.
How did that fire happen? A sequence of exothermic chemical reactions between a fuel and an oxidant accompanied by the production of heat and conversion of chemical species. (Combustion)
nice bullshit!
no one who is rational when asking how common event like a fire happened would need or care hear the description of combustion most already know it...once again how and why serve the same function...
Well, you sound highly educated and understanding.:itsok: So, why do we have matches? Where they the end product of natural environmental evolution or were they created by man? My educated guess is that you really have no idea why you exist or where you are going. Instead of badmouthing:drillsergeant:, perhaps you might wish to put your brain to some purpose other than being narrow minded and missing the boat!
we have matches because it's easier than the friction method to make fire!
your educated guess is nothing more than rationalization of a presupposed and false pov.
we exist, to put it simply ,because we do ,nothing more. there is no grand plan by a "creator " it's a comforting myth , but that is all.
as to where I'm or anybody is going, there is no set destination or destinations .
it's all a matter of choice ...when you grow up you might understand that.

Last edited:
the answer to why depends entirely on your own personal pov...in the case of flooding or fires or earthquakes and many human endeavors the how and the why are one in the same...

But how and why are two different questions. To make them the same is called "circular reasoning." That's the most convenient way out when you don't have an answer. It all boils down to the old "JUST BECAUSE" argument.

False. It NEVER is.
How did that fire happen? A sequence of exothermic chemical reactions between a fuel and an oxidant accompanied by the production of heat and conversion of chemical species. (Combustion)
nice bullshit!
no one who is rational when asking how common event like a fire happened would need or care hear the description of combustion most already know it...once again how and why serve the same function...
Well, you sound highly educated and understanding.:itsok: So, why do we have matches? Where they the end product of natural environmental evolution or were they created by man? My educated guess is that you really have no idea why you exist or where you are going. Instead of badmouthing:drillsergeant:, perhaps you might wish to put your brain to some purpose other than being narrow minded and missing the boat!
your educated guess is nothing more than rationalization of a presupposed and false pov.
we exist, to put it simply ,because we do ,nothing more. there is no grand plan by a "creator " it's a comforting myth , but that is all.
as to where I'm or anybody is going, there is no set destination or destinations .

because we do

The "Just Because" argument.

As you've demonstrated, yet again, you don't have an answer. Devoid of an answer, you attempt to interject your profound opinion, which doesn't mean diddly-squat.

We have matches because man was inspired by God to explore chemistry and discover phosphors and how they work. Monkeys couldn't do this, they aren't so inspired. It takes a human believing in something greater than self to have the inspiration to invent and create as we do.

You don't comprehend this because you are uninspired and lack any sense of creativity or invention. In essence, you are a monkey who is getting a free ride amongst the humans. Gaining the benefits of our inspired creations and inventions, and spending your time trying to destroy the source of inspiration.

In the wild, your kind would be eliminated through natural selection. But because humans are spiritual and believe in a power greater than self, we find pity on you and allow you to exist. You mistake this for self-importance and believe your unfounded opinions matter to the world. Not so much.

images
images

So... it's hysterical that a species that still doesn't even understand the FUNDAMENTALS of the the physical universe, would be so cure that they've some means to explain that which they've no means to even begin to understand.

LOL! Funny stuff.

that is funny ...

proper vision is all that is required.

Proper vision? And that is all that is required, for what?

Fact is if you put 1000 smart people together, you'll find a lot of atheists. And if you put a bunch of stupid people together you will get a higher number of believers.

scientists in the United States are more likely to not believe in God when compared to nonscientists [source: The Pew Research Center]. Here are the numbers from one 2009 Pew Research Center survey:

• One-third of scientists said they believed in God, compared to 83 percent of the general public surveyed.
  • Nearly one-fifth reported not believing in God but having faith in a higher power (general public came in at 12 percent).
  • Roughly two-fifths said they didn't believe in a God or higher power (4 percent among the general public).
Fact is, the most atheistic group you can find shows less than half don't believe in God and more than half believe in God or a higher power. So even with your "1000 smart people" argument, you fail... most of them believe in something greater than self.

I think it was also a Pew study that examined the most atheist country on the planet, Sweden. They found 33% claimed to be atheist, 66% claimed some spiritual belief. What was really interesting was the follow-up question asked of the atheists... Less than half of that 33% were willing to go so far as to say they did not believe in any possibility of something greater than self. I guess the majority were "agnostic" atheists?

Scientists, not scientists, smart people, dumb people, atheist country or not... doesn't matter, a majority believe in something greater than self. Even in a group of ALL atheists!

Argumentum ad populum. The popularity of an idea says nothing of its veracity.

Geocentrism, a flat earth, creationism, astrology, alchemy and the occult were all once pervasive beliefs.

Furthermore, religions are culturally relative and, for the most part, are inconsistent and mutually exclusive.

“A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it.” – David Stevens

And I told you most atheists are actually agnostic atheists. Remember, we don't know what's on the other side of a black hole yet either. We remain open to all posibilities. You're twist on a creator is actually really lame. You are smart enough to realize religions are made up but you can't imagine that the entire premise is too. Interesting.

The validity of a claim, such as the existence of god, is not governed by the intelligence of the minds which hold it. Evidence and reason are the deciding factors.

The fact that an intelligent person holds an irrational belief is simply evidence that our brains are able to compartmentalize world-views and models from one another, usually in order to maintain a state of ‘ignorant bliss’ and escape the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

LMFAO... So you are now admitting your original point was "argumentum ad populum?" We're now back to "validity of a claim is not governed by intelligence" and away from "put 1000 smart people together, find a lot of atheists." Can't you make up your mind, silly boob?

We remain open to all posibilities. You're twist on a creator is actually really lame.

Wow... you can't type two consecutive sentences without contradicting yourself, can you?

Pathetic.

That's because both are true. Smart people don't typically believe things on blind faith in general and so that's why you'll find in smarter groups you'll find more atheists and in dumber groups you'll find more. Great example is prison. Prison is full of people who all believe in god. Yes Nasa has a lot of doubters.

Definition of Spiritual should be a person who doesn't believe any religions but wants to still believe in something.

So from now on call it Something. In Something We Trust. Something Damn You! Please Something, forgive me, blablabla. Last night I was watching a black woman preacher. She was misinterpreting the bible left and right. Using it to manipulate and bamboozle them. But she said he created us in his image. She had a very specific god she was talking about. She wasn't vague like you. She didn't define him or it as spiritual energy. So now that's god? Energy? Electricity?

You know what? Since I don't know, I hope you are right. I hope there is something higher or more too. I just don't. But if our/my energy never dies and lives on forever, that's great. I'm just telling you that even if you are right there is a creator, that still doesn't mean you live on once your body dies. That's wishful thinking too.

So you can hope to catch me in a mistake but really I'm not the one claiming to know anything. You're trying to prove to us a god exists and theists are trying to make god the law of the land. You may not think of yourself as one of them but you are. Sucker. They'd string you up for your heresy if they could.

Anti-theists are, in my extensive experience, the least intelligent people on earth. Nearly without exception, they're sociopaths and are, in general terms, counter productive to the species in general.

But hey, such is the nature of evil... right?

Fact is if you put 1000 smart people together, you'll find a lot of atheists. And if you put a bunch of stupid people together you will get a higher number of believers.

scientists in the United States are more likely to not believe in God when compared to nonscientists [source: The Pew Research Center]. Here are the numbers from one 2009 Pew Research Center survey:

• One-third of scientists said they believed in God, compared to 83 percent of the general public surveyed.
  • Nearly one-fifth reported not believing in God but having faith in a higher power (general public came in at 12 percent).
  • Roughly two-fifths said they didn't believe in a God or higher power (4 percent among the general public).
Fact is, the most atheistic group you can find shows less than half don't believe in God and more than half believe in God or a higher power. So even with your "1000 smart people" argument, you fail... most of them believe in something greater than self.

I think it was also a Pew study that examined the most atheist country on the planet, Sweden. They found 33% claimed to be atheist, 66% claimed some spiritual belief. What was really interesting was the follow-up question asked of the atheists... Less than half of that 33% were willing to go so far as to say they did not believe in any possibility of something greater than self. I guess the majority were "agnostic" atheists?

Scientists, not scientists, smart people, dumb people, atheist country or not... doesn't matter, a majority believe in something greater than self. Even in a group of ALL atheists!

Geocentrism, a flat earth, creationism, astrology, alchemy and the occult were all once pervasive beliefs.

Furthermore, religions are culturally relative and, for the most part, are inconsistent and mutually exclusive.

“A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it.” – David Stevens

And I told you most atheists are actually agnostic atheists. Remember, we don't know what's on the other side of a black hole yet either. We remain open to all posibilities. You're twist on a creator is actually really lame. You are smart enough to realize religions are made up but you can't imagine that the entire premise is too. Interesting.

The validity of a claim, such as the existence of god, is not governed by the intelligence of the minds which hold it. Evidence and reason are the deciding factors.

The fact that an intelligent person holds an irrational belief is simply evidence that our brains are able to compartmentalize world-views and models from one another, usually in order to maintain a state of ‘ignorant bliss’ and escape the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

LMFAO... So you are now admitting your original point was "argumentum ad populum?" We're now back to "validity of a claim is not governed by intelligence" and away from "put 1000 smart people together, find a lot of atheists." Can't you make up your mind, silly boob?

We remain open to all posibilities. You're twist on a creator is actually really lame.

Wow... you can't type two consecutive sentences without contradicting yourself, can you?

Pathetic.

That's because both are true. Smart people don't typically believe things on blind faith in general and so that's why you'll find in smarter groups you'll find more atheists and in dumber groups you'll find more. Great example is prison. Prison is full of people who all believe in god. Yes Nasa has a lot of doubters.

Definition of Spiritual should be a person who doesn't believe any religions but wants to still believe in something.

So from now on call it Something. In Something We Trust. Something Damn You! Please Something, forgive me, blablabla. Last night I was watching a black woman preacher. She was misinterpreting the bible left and right. Using it to manipulate and bamboozle them. But she said he created us in his image. She had a very specific god she was talking about. She wasn't vague like you. She didn't define him or it as spiritual energy. So now that's god? Energy? Electricity?

You know what? Since I don't know, I hope you are right. I hope there is something higher or more too. I just don't. But if our/my energy never dies and lives on forever, that's great. I'm just telling you that even if you are right there is a creator, that still doesn't mean you live on once your body dies. That's wishful thinking too.

So you can hope to catch me in a mistake but really I'm not the one claiming to know anything. You're trying to prove to us a god exists and theists are trying to make god the law of the land. You may not think of yourself as one of them but you are. Sucker. They'd string you up for your heresy if they could.

Anti-theists are, in my extensive experience, the least intelligent people on earth. Nearly without exception, they're sociopaths and are, in general terms, counter productive to the species in general.

GOD HATING UNBELIEVERS NEED TO FACE THE TRUTH!!!==That man is a fool who says to himself, “There is no God!” Anyone who talks like that is warped and evil and cannot really be a good person at all.Psalm 14:1===Only a fool would say to himself, “There is no God.” And why does he say it? Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin. PSALM 53:1 and you??? === The man who finds life will find it through trusting God.”*18 But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, evil men who push away the truth from them. 19 For the truth about God is known to them instinctively; God has put this knowledge in their hearts. 20 Since earliest times men have seen the earth and sky and all God made, and have known of his existence and great eternal power. So they will have no excuse when they stand before God at Judgment Day.21 Yes, they knew about him all right, but they wouldn’t admit it or worship him or even thank him for all his daily care. And after a while they began to think up silly ideas of what God was like and what he wanted them to do. The result was that their foolish minds became dark and confused. 22 Claiming themselves to be wise without God, they became utter fools instead.

Pathetic.

GOD HATING UNBELIEVERS NEED TO FACE THE TRUTH!!!==That man is a fool who says to himself, “There is no God!” Anyone who talks like that is warped and evil and cannot really be a good person at all.Psalm 14:1===Only a fool would say to himself, “There is no God.” And why does he say it? Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin. PSALM 53:1 and you??? === The man who finds life will find it through trusting God.”*18 But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, evil men who push away the truth from them. 19 For the truth about God is known to them instinctively; God has put this knowledge in their hearts. 20 Since earliest times men have seen the earth and sky and all God made, and have known of his existence and great eternal power. So they will have no excuse when they stand before God at Judgment Day.21 Yes, they knew about him all right, but they wouldn’t admit it or worship him or even thank him for all his daily care. And after a while they began to think up silly ideas of what God was like and what he wanted them to do. The result was that their foolish minds became dark and confused. 22 Claiming themselves to be wise without God, they became utter fools instead.
I won't say there is no super being in existence in this universe whom we would name God. But God doesn't even call himself that name. And the bible is a work of fiction. Not because I hide evil in my heart, but because I have logic and common sense.

images
images

So... it's hysterical that a species that still doesn't even understand the FUNDAMENTALS of the the physical universe, would be so cure that they've some means to explain that which they've no means to even begin to understand.

LOL! Funny stuff.

that is funny ...

proper vision is all that is required.

Proper vision? And that is all that is required, for what?

Where_r_my_Keys: would be so cure that they've some means to explain that which ... they've no means ... to even begin to understand.

:eusa_shhh: the means to understand .

you need a long walk in the Garden, Where. maybe its duration will somewhere allow you the experience of enlightenment ... ( they've no means ) no excuses, there are other senses for the blind as well.

Pathetic.

You can make that claim but the fact is that atheists tend to be more intelligent than theists. It has to do with theists blindly accepting a story that couldn't possibly be true. How can you be a deep thinker if you don't have doubts when the stories are full of miracles, virgin births and rising from the dead after being dead 3 days?

Fact is, there is no evidence that can be used as proof that god ever spoke to anyone, yet religious people not only believe, they claim they too talk to him. If that is true you should all be put in padded rooms and straight jacketed.

The answer to your question is, Prophecy.
How did David know about crucifixion? About piercing of hands and feet? An act that wouldn't exist for a thousand years? That Israel would be born in a day? That all nations would come against Israel? The countries that would invade Israel? That Christians would be beheaded?
1/4 of the Bible is prophesy. Accurate prophesy.
The Bible is the most accurate source of antiquity ever written. Those who make that claim use the Bible as the starting point to uncover our ancient past. IT HAS NEVER , REPEAT, NEVER BEEN FOUND INACCURATE. To the contrary, it is spot on. Archeologists depend on it.

Did you know that King David, a key player in the Bible, could have been described as a figment of Bible believers imagination? There was no evidence that He ever existed. Atheists had a field day with that one. Until they unearthed an ancient tablet describing a King's battle against the House of David.

Whether you believe in the word of God or the diggers, the Bible is sound.

Last edited:

False. It NEVER is.
nice bullshit!

because we do

The "Just Because" argument.

As you've demonstrated, yet again, you don't have an answer. Devoid of an answer, you attempt to interject your profound opinion, which doesn't mean diddly-squat.

We have matches because man was inspired by God to explore chemistry and discover phosphors and how they work. Monkeys couldn't do this, they aren't so inspired. It takes a human believing in something greater than self to have the inspiration to invent and create as we do.

You don't comprehend this because you are uninspired and lack any sense of creativity or invention. In essence, you are a monkey who is getting a free ride amongst the humans. Gaining the benefits of our inspired creations and inventions, and spending your time trying to destroy the source of inspiration.

In the wild, your kind would be eliminated through natural selection. But because humans are spiritual and believe in a power greater than self, we find pity on you and allow you to exist. You mistake this for self-importance and believe your unfounded opinions matter to the world. Not so much.

Why? Who knows.

Proposing a non-physical explanation for what we do not know is not a testable hypothesis and is therefore unworthy of serious consideration. It precludes any deeper insight or understanding and offers no means of distinction from any other possible fantasy story that I could make up.

There are many as yet unexplained phenomena and anomalies in nature. The scientific approach to these is to say “I don’t know yet” and keep on looking, not to presume an answer which makes us comfortable.

Theists have a deep discomfort with uncertainty or ambiguity, demonstrating a lack of critical thinking or poor understanding of a topic. It usually coincides with credulity, which is the tendency to believe in propositions unsupported by evidence. See also: gullibility.

See also: Critical Thinking (a must watch), Open-Mindedness (a must watch), Nobel Laureate Richard Feynman on Doubt and Uncertainty (a must watch), Delusion,Magical Thinking, Superstition, Self-Deception.

“What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” – Christopher Hitchens

“I don’t feel frightened by not knowing things, I think it’s much more interesting that way … I have approximate answers, and possible beliefs, and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I’m not absolutely sure of anything. I might think about it a little, but if I can’t figure it out, then I go to something else. It doesn’t frighten me.” – Richard Feynman
How did David know about crucifixion? About piercing of hands and feet? An act that wouldn't exist for a thousand years? That Israel would be born in a day? That all nations would come against Israel? The countries that would invade Israel? That Christians would be beheaded?
The Bible is the most accurate source of antiquity ever written. Those who make that claim use the Bible as the starting point to uncover our ancient past. IT HAS NEVER , REPEAT, NEVER BEEN FOUND INACCURATE. To the contrary, it is spot on. Archeologists depend on it.

Did you know that King David, a key player in the Bible, could have been described as a figment of Bible believers imagination? There was no evidence that He ever existed. Atheists had a field day with that one. Until they unearthed an ancient tablet describing a King's battle against the House of David.

Doubtful. Consider these things:

There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those other texts, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimize it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

The Bible is historically inaccurate, factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

So you don't know for sure if or when those prof

You don't know for sure when those prophecies were written.

There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those other texts, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimise it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

The Bible is historically inaccurate, factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

This is even better:

A very simple flaw in the prophecy-fulfillment argument is that foreseeing the future doesn't necessarily prove divine guidance. Psychics have existed in every generation, and some of them have demonstrated amazing abilities to predict future events. Their "powers," although mystifying to those who witness them, are not usually considered divine in origin. If, then, Old Testament prophets did on occasions foresee the future (a questionable premise at best), perhaps they were merely the Nostradamus of their day. Why would it necessarily follow that they were divinely inspired? Even the Bible recognizes the possibility that uninspired prophets can sometimes accurately predict the future:

Usually, Bible "prophecies" turn out to be prophecies only because imaginative Bible writers arbitrarily declared them to be prophecies. The same can be said of their alleged fulfillments: the fulfillments are fulfillments only because obviously biased New Testament writers arbitrarily declared them to be fulfillments.

It must involve... specific details--not vague generalities or remote possibilities

And I'm sorrry, but to say one day that he people who live in what is now called Russia are going to start the big war is not that much of a prophecy. Everyone probably knew one day those barbarians were going to be trouble. BFD.

I have also heard from theists that the Beast is going to come from Europe & America. Which is it? I've also heard them claim the middle east is where all the trouble starts, then Europe, then Russia. I guess if you make enough prophecies some of them are going to come true.

Pathetic.

I won't say there is no super being in existence in this universe whom we would name God. But God doesn't even call himself that name. And the bible is a work of fiction. Not because I hide evil in my heart, but because I have logic and common sense.

I agree with you but I do have a question. What do you mean god doesn't even call himself that name? How do you know what a god does or doesn't call himself? Unless you believe the bible which you clearly do not. Are you talking about the Yeshua argument? If you are, it does bring up another good point about how the actual bible was translated by greeks and then heavily altered/edited/redacted over the years.

I don't see how understanding that is evil. Is it mean to point it out to someone when they are either lying to you or even innocently telling you something they believe is true but it actually a lie? I think it is nice of us to try to wake them up.

Pathetic.

Logic?

LOL!

And part and parcel of that 'logic' is to claim that the Creator of the universe is a 'super-being'.

Logic provides that the Creator of the Universe is the standard, thus God being 'super' is purely a function of humanities inferior status. This indicated by your absurd conclusion (due to its baseless nature) that the Bible is a work of fiction. This being the book wherein THOUSANDS of years prior to any potential for any human understanding of physics, declared that the Universe began as an explosion of light.

Now, this compared to the foundation of modern physics which proclaimed that the origins of the universe began with a loud BANG. When in fact, there was no bang, due to their being no medium in space by which to propagate, a wave. Now the coolest part of THAT is that at the time, which was just over a century ago, the brightest minds in science 'believed' that space was comprised of aether... which would be a medium by which sound could be propagated.

So, the Bible is the word of God and every word is absolute truth. That you do not understand it... thus can't understand those truths, is on YOU.

This is even better:

A very simple flaw in the prophecy-fulfillment argument is that foreseeing the future doesn't necessarily prove divine guidance. Psychics have existed in every generation, and some of them have demonstrated amazing abilities to predict future events. Their "powers," although mystifying to those who witness them, are not usually considered divine in origin. If, then, Old Testament prophets did on occasions foresee the future (a questionable premise at best), perhaps they were merely the Nostradamus of their day. Why would it necessarily follow that they were divinely inspired? Even the Bible recognizes the possibility that uninspired prophets can sometimes accurately predict the future:

Usually, Bible "prophecies" turn out to be prophecies only because imaginative Bible writers arbitrarily declared them to be prophecies. The same can be said of their alleged fulfillments: the fulfillments are fulfillments only because obviously biased New Testament writers arbitrarily declared them to be fulfillments.

It must involve... specific details--not vague generalities or remote possibilities

And I'm sorrry, but to say one day that he people who live in what is now called Russia are going to start the big war is not that much of a prophecy. Everyone probably knew one day those barbarians were going to be trouble. BFD.

I have also heard from theists that the Beast is going to come from Europe & America. Which is it? I've also heard them claim the middle east is where all the trouble starts, then Europe, then Russia. I guess if you make enough prophecies some of them are going to come true.

LOL!

So prophecy is fiction too and this universe is the only universe and anyone who says otherwise is a lunatic?

Poor Neil deGrasse Tyson, whose 'prophecies' suggest otherwise, and himself an atheist.

I'm looking into prophecies and I'm seeing why they are so important to convince/prove to doubters that god exists. First of all, even the old testament said a Messiah would come. They just don't believe Jesus was it. They are still waiting. But even they made prophecies and claim they have predicted future events and that is their proof of their religion. It is why they believe and why you should believe.

You can't show us miracles or prove their is a god so these are very important to your religion. Same with Muslims. They had prophets too. Anyways, this is almost as lame as the miracles stories. Who even know if they really predicted the future or wrote prophecies of things that already happened. You don't know. These are ancient superstitous men who lied or were crazy. You know how crazy some religious people can get, right? Well think 2000 years ago. I don't know if they were trippin on acid or what, but their claims are outlandish. And Nostrodumbass was a prophet too. Not god inspired. Why do you believe a corrupt church or ancient cults? Why do you doubt all the other religions and believe yours? Isn't that funny everyone is capable of calling bullshit on every religion but their own. Very interesting.

And which prophicies are so compelling to you btw?

Pathetic.

Logic?

LOL!

And part and parcel of that 'logic' is to claim that the Creator of the universe is a 'super-being'.

Logic provides that the Creator of the Universe is the standard, thus God being 'super' is purely a function of humanities inferior status. This indicated by your absurd conclusion (due to its baseless nature) that the Bible is a work of fiction. This being the book wherein THOUSANDS of years prior to any potential for any human understanding of physics, declared that the Universe began as an explosion of light.

Now, this compared to the foundation of modern physics which proclaimed that the origins of the universe began with a loud BANG. When in fact, there was no bang, due to their being no medium in space by which to propagate, a wave. Now the coolest part of THAT is that at the time, which was just over a century ago, the brightest minds in science 'believed' that space was comprised of aether... which would be a medium by which sound could be propagated.

So, the Bible is the word of God and every word is absolute truth. That you do not understand it... thus can't understand those truths, is on YOU.

What did you mean when you said: "God being 'super' is purely a function of humanities inferior status."

This is even better:

LOL!

So prophecy is fiction too and this universe is the only universe and anyone who says otherwise is a lunatic?

Poor Neil deGrasse Tyson, whose 'prophecies' suggest otherwise, and himself an atheist.

Every religion has prophecies.

Should I be a Mormon just because Section 87 of the Mormon Doctrine and Covenants, written in 1832, accurately predicts that South Carolina will begin a war of the South against the North and call on Great Britain for assistance

List of fulfilled prophecies - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Members of the Japanese new religious group Oomoto were responsible for several fulfilled prophecies in the early 20th century. Specifically, the prophet Onisaburō Deguchipredicted that Japan would fight a war in 1931, which was realized with the Manchurian Incident

List of fulfilled prophecies - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Anyways, please tell me the top Christian Prophecies you believe are most compelling. No I don't think prophecies are proof of anything.

Tyson didn't make a prophecy. He made a prediction.

This is even better:

LOL!

Yes. If men made up the Jewish, Christian & Muslim faiths then it is very possible they made up these prophecies too.

These prophecies don't prove your god just like other religions prophecies don't prove their gods are real either.

10 prophecies predicted in the Bible fulfilled in history Sun Shield

Really, the more I look into prophecies the more I am sure no they do not prove anything. They are just another way the churches con you into believing the unbelievable. Congrats on being gullible. Ignorance is bliss.

You are under the assumption that everything in the bible is true. Do you do that with other non christian religion texts?

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those other texts, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimize it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

How do you ignore this?

Forum List

Back