What if you woke up one morning and evil didn't exist any more?

hangover

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2013
No more greed. No more crime. No more war. No more money. No more disease. No more death. No more hate. No more murder.
If evil didn't exist, then Adam and Eve would not have been deceived. If evil didn't exist, then nobody would do anything wrong. It would be peace, love and brotherhood. I wonder how many couldn't live in a world like that.

Food for thought...

“If God were to remove all evil from our world (but somehow leave human beings on the planet), it would mean that the essence of 'humanness' would be destroyed. We would become robots.

Let me explain what I mean by this. If God eliminated evil by programming us to perform only good acts, we would lose this distinguishing mark - the ability to make choices. We would no longer be free moral agents. We would be reduced to the status of robots.

Let's take this a step further. Robots do not love. God created us with the capacity to love. Love is based upon one's right to choose to love. We cannot force others to love us. We can make them serve us or obey us. But true love is founded upon one's freedom to choose to respond.” (Billy Graham)

Food for thought...

“If God were to remove all evil from our world (but somehow leave human beings on the planet), it would mean that the essence of 'humanness' would be destroyed. We would become robots.

Let me explain what I mean by this. If God eliminated evil by programming us to perform only good acts, we would lose this distinguishing mark - the ability to make choices. We would no longer be free moral agents. We would be reduced to the status of robots.

Let's take this a step further. Robots do not love. God created us with the capacity to love. Love is based upon one's right to choose to love. We cannot force others to love us. We can make them serve us or obey us. But true love is founded upon one's freedom to choose to respond.” (Billy Graham)

Amusing. That logic makes heaven a number of robots that can't even love God.

is sex outside of the marriage considered evil???
Jesus said that in heaven no one is married or given in marriage. But I don't recall him saying there's no sex in heaven. If sex is evil, it seems he would have made it very painful instead of such pleasure.

No more greed. No more crime. No more war. No more money. No more disease. No more death. No more hate. No more murder.
If evil didn't exist, then Adam and Eve would not have been deceived. If evil didn't exist, then nobody would do anything wrong. It would be peace, love and brotherhood. I wonder how many couldn't live in a world like that.
I'd miss some of My Democrat friends....some of them ain't half bad, and many of them have bodacious tata's!

:D

I'd miss some of My Democrat friends....some of them ain't half bad, and many of them have bodacious tata's!

Yeah, the cons don't have nice tata's, they're all men.

Yeah, the cons don't have nice tata's, they're all men.
@AquaAthena @BlackSand @Foxfyre @Sherry @freedombecki

Spread the word...You girls aren't conservative....

Last edited:
is sex outside of the marriage considered evil???
Jesus said that in heaven no one is married or given in marriage. But I don't recall him saying there's no sex in heaven. If sex is evil, it seems he would have made it very painful instead of such pleasure.

The Bible(Genesis) tells of angels having sex with Adam's daughters that created the giants, like the one the David slew....

If all evil was removed, by what frame of reference would we know good? In order to know good, we also need to know bad and evil.

Last edited:

It's all part of God's plan for evil to exist.

What if you woke up one morning and evil didn't exist any more?
<---Thread title

Your definition of evil or mine?

Evil is what it is, not what you want it to be.

Is death evil?
How long could this planet sustain itself before running out of resources if nobody died?

Many Christians believe such a world exists. They call it Heaven.

The ancients wrote of such a world that existed in the Garden of Eden--whether literal or metaphorical/allegorical. And the story then takes us through the process of the first 'sin' or 'evil', then sin spreading into the family, then the community, and finally dispersed throughout the world. Sin being that which displeased God. And what I believe was intended to be whatever is harmful to ourselves and/or others. And that harm comes with consequences that we or others will experience, the just and the unjust alike.

So if we embrace that philosophical concept, it is we pesky humans given free will so that we could experience true joy who have screwed up God's perfect creation. What keeps us from doing that in Heaven? I don't know. I do expect to find out.

Last edited:
If sin displeases God, why did he create it??

I don't believe he did create it. I think he had to allow it in order for us to experience joy, love, compassion, excitement, and the exilaration of accomplishment. But even God could not create joy without also sorrow, love without also anger and hate, compassion without also cruelty, excitement without also boredom, pride/satisfaction/exhilaration/pleasure without all the opposites of that. In the world God created everything has its opposite or reverse. It is just the way the world He created works.

<---Thread title

Your definition of evil or mine?

Evil is what it is, not what you want it to be.

Define it.
Name all that is evil.
Good luck.
Too easy, evil is all that goes against God.

The bible says that God created ALL things. That means there is NOTHING God did not create, including evil. It was created to give us the choice, freedom of choice between good and evil. The choice to be in heaven or hell. Every day everyone makes that choice. Choose evil, the consequences are hell. That's why Jesus said, "The kingdom of heaven is at hand. If heaven is in the sky the birds are before you." You stand in the third level of heaven. God resides in the seventh level. Jesus also said, "In my fathers house there are many mansions."
In Revelations it says that there will come a point in time when evil will be done away with. The choices will all be made.
What are the seven realms of heaven

Forum List

Back