CDZ Why Do Alot Of Conservatives Feel Liberals Want Their Guns?

Guns were allowed at the GOP convention.......and nothing happened....

Republicans’ Own Gun Laws Are Creating a Security Nightmare for the G.O.P.

Ohio, like Texas, has open-carry laws that allow individuals to carry non-concealed weapons in public areas The New York Times reports.

That includes the site of this year’s R.N.C., where thousands of convention attendees will join politicians and journalists as hundreds of Republican delegates from all 50 states gather to formally vote for Donald Trump as the party’s presidential nominee.

Firearms will be banned within the Secret Service–protected Quicken Loans Arena, but guns will be permitted everywhere else at the site in accordance with Ohio state laws that prevent cities from imposing stricter gun-control laws, NPR reports.

People carried guns at the Texas GOP convention, the National Rifle Association annual meeting and at the national GOP convention....and nothing bad happened.......except these two morons....felt really bad because no one paid any attention to them.....

Ohio Leftists with AR-15 Rifles Outside Republican Convention

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Open carry: it’s not just for Republicans any more.
Two left-wing activists who came to Cleveland to protest against Donald Trump and the Republican National Convention were sporting AR-15 rifles and suppressors (“silencers”) outside the security perimeter Tuesday evening as delegates cast their roll call votes inside the Quicken Loans Arena.

Convention security issued an alert: “BOLO [be on the lookout]: Suspicious men described as Muslim carrying large back packs and carrying assault wpns. Headed in alley to Carnegie.”

But few on the street seemed perturbed — and some onlookers were enthusiastic in their approval.

Micah Nazari, 39, of Yellow Springs — the birthplace of the hippie movement in the 1960s — told Breitbart News that he had not had any negative reactions from anyone — save for the Secret Service, who had asked to see his permit for his suppressor.

Nazari also sported an Islamic skullcap and a sidearm. He declined to answer questions about religion, preferring to focus on the topic of the Second Amendment, and his opposition to Trump “and all his fascist policies.”

Asked why he supported Trump, even though the Republican nominee has pledged his support for gun rights while his Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton, has not, Nazari said that Trump had supported an “assault weapons” ban in the past.

“He says whatever will get him votes … I’m not really sure what he believes,” Nazari said.

This has always mystified me to no end. As a owner of several weapons and a liberal it always makes me laugh when they say this. I was looking at one of my favorite guys on youtube by the name of Colion Noir and found this video. The guy in the video is Tyson Beckford who I happened to meet a long time ago and didnt even know he was famous. We hit it off pretty good and its funny how we have the same outlook on the issue.

Because they told us they want to. Still mystified there sport?

Video: Clinton Delegate Elaborates On How Democrats Will Ban Guns

“How do we ban guns? What do we have to do?” asked the PV writer.

“I don’t know. It’s hard because the country is split, you know? And all the money, the big money is with the NRA…well you know how you do it. You got to get Democrats in office. That really is…you got to get enough people in there to vote the right way,” Bayer said. “You got to say you want common sense gun legislation,” she added.

Yes. I am still mystified that you believe that because some liberals want guns banned you really believe all liberals want guns banned.

pr060216cii.gif

The same reason some liberals think all Trump voters are racist, misogynistic bigots. It's really not that hard.

Because they want criminals to have guns.

Louisiana law floods courts with pro-gun cases

The amendment – backed by the National Rifle Association and Gov. Bobby Jindal – makes gun ownership a "fundamental right," akin to freedom of speech or assembly, and calls for "strict scrutiny" of gun laws – the highest judicial review in the USA.

Armed with the new amendment, attorneys can now challenge the constitutionality of lesser laws – like concealed weapons statutes – making them more favorable to gun owners – including felons, said Laura Cutilletta, senior staff attorney at the San Francisco-based Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

-------------

Republicans fight to arm felons. It's why they want dangerous people on the no fly list to have weapons. Don't ask me why. That's just who they are.
Jindal was warned that if he made gun ownership a "fundamental right" then you couldn't deny weapons to felons. He thought that was ridiculous until the courts agreed with the felons. Fundamental Rights!

This has always mystified me to no end. As a owner of several weapons and a liberal it always makes me laugh when they say this. I was looking at one of my favorite guys on youtube by the name of Colion Noir and found this video. The guy in the video is Tyson Beckford who I happened to meet a long time ago and didnt even know he was famous. We hit it off pretty good and its funny how we have the same outlook on the issue.

Because they told us they want to. Still mystified there sport?

Video: Clinton Delegate Elaborates On How Democrats Will Ban Guns

“How do we ban guns? What do we have to do?” asked the PV writer.

“I don’t know. It’s hard because the country is split, you know? And all the money, the big money is with the NRA…well you know how you do it. You got to get Democrats in office. That really is…you got to get enough people in there to vote the right way,” Bayer said. “You got to say you want common sense gun legislation,” she added.

Yes. I am still mystified that you believe that because some liberals want guns banned you really believe all liberals want guns banned.

pr060216cii.gif

The same reason some liberals think all Trump voters are racist, misogynistic bigots. It's really not that hard.

Who said all? You can't say the party is all white. It's only 90% white.

So?

I can show you many people who don't own guns that have broken the law
People that dont own guns has nothing to do with Politcal chicks claim that legally permitted gun owners never break the law.
Did she say "never"

Or did she say they were more law abiding than average?
Doesnt matter. She doesnt have any proof of either.
Of course it matters

Never is an absolute and if you represent her as saying never when she actually said more law abiding than usual it is you who are guilty of misrepresentation ans deflection
I'm not concerned with how absolute "never" is. I just want some proof gun owners dont break laws instead of her trying to misrepresent her claim with a qualifier of "while using a firearm".
She never said they didn't break laws she said they were more law abiding than the average person

Well you only said gun owners are murderers in waiting therefore you left out the larger part of the population

So it seems yo didn't really know it was obvious
If you didnt notice i was reflecting your comments. If you wanted me to mention all weapons you should have said so.
FYI one does not need a weapon to murder someone
Of course they do. Are they just going to wish them dead?

Really? One cannot kill with his bare hands?
Truly. Wouldnt that make ones hands the weapon?
No.

They are wilting violets as opposed to real men.

Well I asked the question and got some good answers. It seems to me that cons think libs want their guns because some people said ban all guns. Now I am wondering why they were ok with the GOP banning guns at the convention?

A private venue has the right to set its own security protocols.

People do indeed have rights but other people are not obligated to provide venue for those rights to be exercised.

You have the right to free speech but try to stand up in the middle of movie and read your manifesto

Perhaps it mystifies you because you cannot see the truth. Just like Obamacare was designed as the start of national governmental healthcare, gun control efforts are designed to overturn the second amendment and result in an unarmed populace.

I can see the truth. There are some nuts on both sides of the issue. Gun control is not meant to overturn the second amendment. Its to prevent nutcases from getting guns and shooting people dead. Please dont be naive. There is no way the populace would ever be unarmed even if they took away all the registered guns.

Then why do they refuse to tighten penalties on actual criminals who use guns and the tighten the laws on people who obey gun laws...?

There is nothing to universal background checks, magazine limits, gun registration, or licensing gun owners that does anything that you just posted.....yet those are the very things anti gunners push...while releasing gun felons back onto the streets and refusing to get tough with other gun criminals....

I guess you never heard of the gun enhancement laws that are added to sentences you made that bewildering comment.

I beg to differ and research says youre wrong.

The average sentence for violent crimes is 60 months the average time served is 44 months

If you want to stop gun crime then you have to keep people who commit gun crimes in prison

You commit any crime while in possession of a firearm and the minimum sentence should be 10 years no parole
You discharge a weapon during a crime and it's 15
You shoot and/or kill someone with a firearm during thr commission of a crime and it's 25 to life

Perhaps it mystifies you because you cannot see the truth. Just like Obamacare was designed as the start of national governmental healthcare, gun control efforts are designed to overturn the second amendment and result in an unarmed populace.

I can see the truth. There are some nuts on both sides of the issue. Gun control is not meant to overturn the second amendment. Its to prevent nutcases from getting guns and shooting people dead. Please dont be naive. There is no way the populace would ever be unarmed even if they took away all the registered guns.

Then why do they refuse to tighten penalties on actual criminals who use guns and the tighten the laws on people who obey gun laws...?

There is nothing to universal background checks, magazine limits, gun registration, or licensing gun owners that does anything that you just posted.....yet those are the very things anti gunners push...while releasing gun felons back onto the streets and refusing to get tough with other gun criminals....

I guess you never heard of the gun enhancement laws that are added to sentences you made that bewildering comment.

The average sentence for violent crimes is 60 months the average time served is 44 months

If you want to stop gun crime then you have to keep people who commit gun crimes in prison

You commit any crime while in possession of a firearm and the minimum sentence should be 10 years no parole
You shoot and/or kill someone with a firearm during thr commission of a crime and it's 25 to life

I disagree with one thing....taking a life should be the death penalty....if we can't get that....a life sentence with no parole...I know of criminals who get out in their 70s who have gone on to murder again.....take a life, and no release.....ever.

People that dont own guns has nothing to do with Politcal chicks claim that legally permitted gun owners never break the law.
Did she say "never"

Or did she say they were more law abiding than average?
Doesnt matter. She doesnt have any proof of either.
Of course it matters

Never is an absolute and if you represent her as saying never when she actually said more law abiding than usual it is you who are guilty of misrepresentation ans deflection
I'm not concerned with how absolute "never" is. I just want some proof gun owners dont break laws instead of her trying to misrepresent her claim with a qualifier of "while using a firearm".
She never said they didn't break laws she said they were more law abiding than the average person

And they are more law abiding than police officers as well.....

I disagree with one thing....taking a life should be the death penalty....if we can't get that....a life sentence with no parole...I know of criminals who get out in their 70s who have gone on to murder again.....take a life, and no release.....ever.

I don't have a problem with the death penalty but I think the standard of proof must be better than beyond a reasonable doubt and the evidence must include irrefutable forensics

This is pretty interesting.

"Do you support or oppose requiring background checks for all gun buyers?"

Repubs support it to the tune of 90%

Guns

They don't understand the issue...if they did they wouldn't support it....

liars polling the uninformed......

The question is never....Do you support universal background checks if it means:

That they would not stop criminals from getting guns...since criminals use people with clean records to buy guns at gun stores currently, and that this same method to buy guns would be used to get around background checks for private sellers..but would now require you to pay for a background check to sell any gun to any one......often times even to family members...

1) get a background check before you can loan your wife your pistol..and pay 100 dollars to do it....and if you didn't, both your wife and you would now be felons...who would lose your jobs, your home and be fined and possibly jailed....

2) get a background check to store your guns at a friends house when you go on vacation and then again when you come back from vacation to get your guns back..at 100 dollars a background check...

3) if it meant that down the road you would be forced to register your guns with the government since universal background checks cannot work without universal gun registration....

4) would meant that self defense classes for firearms would be reduced and limited...

5) that universal background checks would not stop mass shooters from getting guns

6) that background checks do not stop the 9,616 gun murders that were committed last year....since 90% of gun murderers are already legally forbidden from buying, owning or carrying guns...but they get them anyway through straw buyers and stealing them....

if those were put into the question, 90% of Americans would not support universal background checks...

Agreed with your reply. It's not that 90% of Americans don't understand the issue, it's how the question is phrased. As you point out, "universal background checks" = Banning private sales. It doesn't solve the problem of criminals getting guns.

The "problem with guns" isn't guns; it's a system that inadequately handles criminals and mentally ill Americans. The LW answer is to punish all Americans for the actions of a very small percentage of the population. It's equivalent to banning cars because of a few drunk drivers.

I don't have a problem with the death penalty but I think the standard of proof must be better than beyond a reasonable doubt and the evidence must include irrefutable forensics

I agree......you need john wayne gacy level evidence.......not hearsay or prison confessions or circumstantial evidence...actual evidence of murder.....and then I have no problem ending their lives......other than being sad that a human life was wasted by being a killer.....and for the victims who suffered from that killer....

The amendment – backed by the National Rifle Association and Gov. Bobby Jindal – makes gun ownership a "fundamental right," akin to freedom of speech or assembly, and calls for "strict scrutiny" of gun laws – the highest judicial review in the USA.

Armed with the new amendment, attorneys can now challenge the constitutionality of lesser laws – like concealed weapons statutes – making them more favorable to gun owners – including felons, said Laura Cutilletta, senior staff attorney at the San Francisco-based Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

-------------

Republicans fight to arm felons. It's why they want dangerous people on the no fly list to have weapons. Don't ask me why. That's just who they are.
Jindal was warned that if he made gun ownership a "fundamental right" then you couldn't deny weapons to felons. He thought that was ridiculous until the courts agreed with the felons. Fundamental Rights!
------------------------------------------------------------------------ violent felons should be kept in lockup , maybe forever . Non violent felons should be released and have ALL their RIGHTS restored after serving their sentence RDean .

Last edited:

-------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------ violent felons should be kept in lockup , maybe forever . Non violent felons should be released and have ALL their RIGHTS restored after serving their sentence RDean .

I could agree with this...there is no reason that an embezzlar should not get his gun rights back....

Besides the propaganda factor, there's no way she would be able to take away any guns.

She might be able to have stricter background checks and to ban assault rifles, although I don't think think that can be done retroactively for the people that already have them.

Besides the propaganda factor, there's no way she would be able to take away any guns.

She might be able to have stricter background checks and to ban assault rifles, although I don't think think that can be done retroactively for the people that already have them.

Sorry.....they found how she would do it at the clinton library....they had plans to get rid of the lawful commerce in arms act...then to bring a law suit against gun makers....they would then get the gun makers to settle, for federal protection....mandating through the court settelement to stop making magazine fed weapons ........so you are just wrong...

Forum List

Back