CDZ Why Do Alot Of Conservatives Feel Liberals Want Their Guns?

This is the typical every gun owner is nothing but a murderer in waiting argument.

If we take this at face value then every man is a rapist in waiting.
Every woman is a prostitute in waiting.
etc.

It's one of those false all or none false dichotomies the left love so much.
You obviously dont understand wording. Every man is potentially a rapist just like every gun owner is potentially a murderer.

And you can't restrict someone's rights because for what they might do

Oh and FYI you don't need a gun to murder people.

And I would much rather base decisions on probability analyses of past behavior than the potential for all behavior because the latter results in the false dichotomy you seem to like so much
Yes you can restrict peoples rights for what they might do. Its done everyday.

Of course you dont need a gun to murder people. Why state the obivious? Are you trying to deflect?

I'm guessing your current job doesnt trust you with doing probability analyses right?

Well you only said gun owners are murderers in waiting therefore you left out the larger part of the population

So it seems yo didn't really know it was obvious
If you didnt notice i was reflecting your comments. If you wanted me to mention all weapons you should have said so.
FYI one does not need a weapon to murder someone

that's what I say , Ace is just playing , there is no way to make him and his happy .. Best thing to do is be hardazz and oppose gun control at every level. I f disarmaments ever happens the politicians , police , special people , military and criminals will all have guns , everyone except YOU and ME ZZPups .

You obviously dont understand wording. Every man is potentially a rapist just like every gun owner is potentially a murderer.

And I would much rather base decisions on probability analyses of past behavior than the potential for all behavior because the latter results in the false dichotomy you seem to like so much

Of course you dont need a gun to murder people. Why state the obivious? Are you trying to deflect?

I'm guessing your current job doesnt trust you with doing probability analyses right?

Well you only said gun owners are murderers in waiting therefore you left out the larger part of the population

If you didnt notice i was reflecting your comments. If you wanted me to mention all weapons you should have said so.
Of course they do. Are they just going to wish them dead?

They just haven't gotten around to breaking the law yet.
I'm pretty sure they have. I can show you many gun owners that have broken the law.

So?

I can show you many people who don't own guns that have broken the law
People that dont own guns has nothing to do with Politcal chicks claim that legally permitted gun owners never break the law.
Did she say "never"

Or did she say they were more law abiding than average?
Doesnt matter. She doesnt have any proof of either.
Of course it matters

Never is an absolute and if you represent her as saying never when she actually said more law abiding than usual it is you who are guilty of misrepresentation ans deflection

Really? One cannot kill with his bare hands?

that's what I say , Ace is just playing , there is no way to make him and his happy .. Best thing to do is be hardazz and oppose gun control at every level. I f disarmaments ever happens the politicians , police , special people , military and criminals will all have guns , everyone except YOU and ME ZZPups .
You better believe I will have my weapons and use them to protect my rights.

I'm pretty sure they have. I can show you many gun owners that have broken the law.

So?

People that dont own guns has nothing to do with Politcal chicks claim that legally permitted gun owners never break the law.
Did she say "never"

Or did she say they were more law abiding than average?
Doesnt matter. She doesnt have any proof of either.
Of course it matters

Never is an absolute and if you represent her as saying never when she actually said more law abiding than usual it is you who are guilty of misrepresentation ans deflection
I'm not concerned with how absolute "never" is. I just want some proof gun owners dont break laws instead of her trying to misrepresent her claim with a qualifier of "while using a firearm".

Really? One cannot kill with his bare hands?
Truly. Wouldnt that make ones hands the weapon?

Make sure you have firearms and accessories that are not traceable to you or stored in a place subject to individual search warrants - such as your home, safety deposit box, etc. - as that time approaches. Rats won't give up...they'll chew through steel to get what they want.

Well I asked the question and got some good answers. It seems to me that cons think libs want their guns because some people said ban all guns. Now I am wondering why they were ok with the GOP banning guns at the convention?

You sound to me like a gun banner. The only way to stop most violent crime is for people to be armed. They are on the scene while the police are not.
My Glock 19 and my Springfield XDM are laughing at such silliness from you. I asked to offer a better alternative and you deflected. Please address the point.
-------------------- big deal , so you own a Glock 19 and maybe an AR . If you are in California your 2 guns effectiveness has been reduced to to the fact that your guns cannot use NORMAL capacity magazines Ace .
Its a very big deal if someone is claiming I am a gun banner. Does it make sense that I would want my weapons banned? my guns effectiveness is fine. If I cant kill someone with 10 rounds I shouldnt even pick up a gun.
------------------------------------ yeah , that's why cops can carry normal capacity magazines along with other fully loaded magazines , you are a gun controller or a naïve gun owner Ace !!

Everyone is not a cop and has no need for more than 10 rounds. Their job description involves them shooting people to stop crimes or protect themselves. Dont equate the general public to cops. its apples and oranges.

My needs will be determined by me, and if cops can carry more than 10 round, so can I.

Well I asked the question and got some good answers. It seems to me that cons think libs want their guns because some people said ban all guns. Now I am wondering why they were ok with the GOP banning guns at the convention?
Do you ever go a day without distorting actual events? The SS determined that, and I for one agree. I wouldn't want some crazy taking someones gun and shooting either of the candidates.

"Do you mean they just havent gotten caught breaking a law?"

The data is pretty clear: they don't break the law.

Permit holders are extremely law abiding. They would lose their permits for any weapons-related infraction. It doesn’t happen

a. Example: “Of the 51,078 permits that have been issued by the state since the law took effect in 2007, 44 permit holders have been charged with a crime while using a firearm through late October, according to records provided by the Kansas Attorney General’s Office.”
http://www.kansas.com/2012/11/17/2572467/few-crimes-committed-by-concealed.html

Criminality is .00086%

Therefore....'gun control' laws are meant as gun confiscation laws.
There are dunces who pretend not to see that....
Raise your paw.

What data? I only see your opinion.
where is your data that legal permitted gun owners are criminals in waiting?

And everyday traffic violations are not criminal offenses
Who made the claim that legal permitted gun owners are criminals in waiting? While youre at it please answer my question. Dont think I forgot your deflections. Please show me where legal permitted gun owners dont commit crimes.

Really? Provide links.

What data? I only see your opinion.

Who made the claim that legal permitted gun owners are criminals in waiting? While youre at it please answer my question. Dont think I forgot your deflections. Please show me where legal permitted gun owners dont commit crimes.

Really? Provide links.

Timothy James McVeigh #717

Because liberals have come out and said it numerous times by numerous people.
Why should we not believe them?

So?

She never said they never break the law you liar.

This has always mystified me to no end. As a owner of several weapons and a liberal it always makes me laugh when they say this. I was looking at one of my favorite guys on youtube by the name of Colion Noir and found this video. The guy in the video is Tyson Beckford who I happened to meet a long time ago and didnt even know he was famous. We hit it off pretty good and its funny how we have the same outlook on the issue.

Because they keep passing laws that do nothing to stop crime but make it harder for normal, law abiding gun owners go buy, own and carry guns.....

They just passed a pointless universal background check law in Nevada...it won't stop criminals or mass shooters, it will apparently jack up the price of transferring a gun by 100 dollars...and if you are poor, that is a lot of money.....and the chaos it is causing just makes it harder for normal people to obey the law......

Their polticians have made statements that they want to ban guns....the thing that stops them...they lose elections when they openly state this...as hilary just did.....obama wanted control of healthcare and realized that pushing gun control openly would likely lose democrats seats....and though he told Dr. John Lott that he doesn't believe people should be allowed to own guns, he settled for simply appointing anti gun judges at the appellate level and anti gun justices to the Supreme Court.....

They tell us what they want when they think no one is paying attention........and hide it when they don't have power....

This has always mystified me to no end. As a owner of several weapons and a liberal it always makes me laugh when they say this. I was looking at one of my favorite guys on youtube by the name of Colion Noir and found this video. The guy in the video is Tyson Beckford who I happened to meet a long time ago and didnt even know he was famous. We hit it off pretty good and its funny how we have the same outlook on the issue.

Perhaps it mystifies you because you cannot see the truth. Just like Obamacare was designed as the start of national governmental healthcare, gun control efforts are designed to overturn the second amendment and result in an unarmed populace.

I can see the truth. There are some nuts on both sides of the issue. Gun control is not meant to overturn the second amendment. Its to prevent nutcases from getting guns and shooting people dead. Please dont be naive. There is no way the populace would ever be unarmed even if they took away all the registered guns.

Then why do they refuse to tighten penalties on actual criminals who use guns and the tighten the laws on people who obey gun laws...?

There is nothing to universal background checks, magazine limits, gun registration, or licensing gun owners that does anything that you just posted.....yet those are the very things anti gunners push...while releasing gun felons back onto the streets and refusing to get tough with other gun criminals....

Forum List

Back