CDZ Diving with a Blue Whale

TheOldSchool

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
last stop for sanity before reaching the south
Ignore most of the video and skip ahead to 13:10 or so for amazing footage:

Anyways the CDZ question is... does preserving amazing creatures like this one matter? Or should humanity just suck whatever it can out of the planet and either ignore the consequences, or assume it's all part of some supernatural being's plans?

*make sure to watch as that thing dives back into the blackness of the deep ocean

Anyways the CDZ question is... does preserving amazing creatures like this one matter? Or should humanity just suck whatever it can out of the planet and either ignore the consequences, or assume it's all part of some supernatural being's plans?[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't blame God for human devastation of the Earth. As I read the story, Adam and Eve broke the rules and got kicked out of the Garden of Eden. We are still at it today. When Jesus comes back, the first thing He is likely to say is, "what in God's name have you done to His garden?" We aren't going to have any very good answer.

Ignore most of the video and skip ahead to 13:10 or so for amazing footage:

Anyways the CDZ question is... does preserving amazing creatures like this one matter? Or should humanity just suck whatever it can out of the planet and either ignore the consequences, or assume it's all part of some supernatural being's plans?

*make sure to watch as that thing dives back into the blackness of the deep ocean

Preservation of species is important, but has to be done in a practical manner, and impacts on human populations has to be taken into account.

Since we no longer have need for Whale Oil, whale populations are really only at risk due to macro-issues that impact all ocean wildlife. That being said, as long as populations are not at risk, if Japan wants to harvest a few hundred whales a year, I don't see the big deal.

That also covers my view on Trophy hunting. As long as it is done in a way that promotes maintenance of the species (limiting hunts to non-breeding members of a herd, strict limits and control, and fees designed to aid the maintenance of said herd) then let the rich people have their sport.

Forum List

Back