Why did Romney Lose?

Why did Romney lose the election?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The pot I flew in was top of the line in Colombia. They never "added" anything to it. There was no need.

The Cocaine I recieved from time to time was of the highest quality. I in fact did test it by some personal use and by doing several chemical tests and physical property testing including a melt test which is impossible to fake. The coke I had was as pure as can be found anywhere on the planet. You are correct that I didn't have absolute complete control after it was out of my possession but the same can be said by anyone about any perscription drug. In a couple of rare situations I did cut people off if I felt they abused what I provided.

The adding of other ingredients to cocaine does not happen in SA. That would be stupid as it would just add to the bulk and make the job of smuggling it more difficult.

I am sure the end product always passed FDA inspection.
You maxed your risk, a true entrepreneur capitalist.
Must be nice to be against other capitalists that are forced to pay taxes when your tax liability WAS ZERO.

It wouldn't surprise me if some FDA inspectors partook in the consumtion of what I imported. :lol:

I agree that smuggling is the ultimate risk/reward capitalistic endeavor. Getting shot at by various individuals including bandits and law enforcement is pretty much the ultimate risk wouldn't you agree?

I am not against capitalists. I am against thieves and those that commit fraud disguised as capitalists.

You are angry that I did not pay taxes on my drug smuggling opperations? That would be tha fault of society that did not allow for doing so with immunity. Their fake morality war on drugs has cost them a pretty penny.

Not angry at all as back in the day some of your product probably made it to Georgia!
Agree with your analysis on the absurd "war on drugs" all the while the prime real estate every time a new intersection is widened is 3 Dope R Us stores on 3 of the 4 corners.

So the Mormons you know are back stabbers, "creepy". And that probably is less than 1% of ALL Mormons.
So you put Romney in the same group as the ones you know, a very, very small minority, and judge him on that. You judge THE ENTIRE group of Mormons on the very few you know.
Mormons have one of the lowest rate of committing crime than any other religious group in America.
So you have judged Romney on YOUR interactions with a few Mormons.

Well, it's like this guy. I find one cockroach in my salad, I don't eat there a second time to see if it's a fluke or not.

And frankly, Romney was everything I expected. The more we found out about this guy- bullying gays, strapping animals to rooftops, cutting peeople's health benefits to enrich himself.

He was everything I've come to expect from Mormons.

The guy was a real piece of shit...

YOU and you alone should be responsible for YOUR own health benefits and those of your family.
Group health insurance put on the backs of someone else is what has ruined American health care.
Why is being responsible for your own bills such a problem with you communists?

Poll to follow...

Edit- It's an open poll, vote for as many options as you like.

I think they all applied except Mormonism and Paul Ryan.

I don't think Ryan really helped his campaign, but he didn't really hurt it that much.

I also don't think anti-Mormonism hurt his campaign as much as it should have, because he didn't talk about it and no one else wanted to talk about it, either.
Joe, I cannot vote on your poll because I regard Romney as the moral winner, and with all the angst over ballot stuffing in ACORN-controlled districts from coast to coast, charged with bringing the vote in line with last-minute "polls" by unknown pollsters, I'm not certain he didn't win in other ways as well, though not to the point of being eaten with any conspiracy theories. So I will just say that:

In Romney's favor as the Moral Winner, he:

• Would hold the office of President of the USA as one worthy of his full attention to keeping his Oath of Office.
  • Is prepared to give Americans access to jobs by supporting the private sector, by encouraging employers to create high-paying jobs and promotions based on merit, and not on nepotism or brown-nosing.
  • Gives Americans an opportunity to have a budget and work its way out of debt obligations piled on by previous Congresses
  • Has an open door to both conservatives as well as liberals who have the American people's best interests at heart
  • Has a policy of reconciling nations to each other with strength and courage of his convictions
  • Supports the Constitution and the Oath of the Office of President of the USA as it is, and not as it would be for all-power to absolutely control the thoughts of other Americans.
I'm proud of Mitt Romney. America is fortunate to have him as its exemplary citizen of beneficence and wisdom, and I will always hold his family as the dear people that they are in this nation.

Well, I'm sure you will take your fellow COnservatards apart when they blame him for the whole fiasco in the next few weeks.

Romney was a scumbag. BOrn on third base and thought he hit a triple. That he lost has even restored my faith in Democracy.

We Put Plutocracy on the Ballot, and it lost.

What I find amazing the total ignorance of those that spout all this "plutocracy" crap and "the rich do not pay their fair share" and "the wealthy control" Congress.
Well, they have at least one thing right. The wealthy IN Congress, mostly Democrats, do control a lot.
But we never hear about them because they BE DEMOCRATS.

YOU and you alone should be responsible for YOUR own health benefits and those of your family.
Group health insurance put on the backs of someone else is what has ruined American health care.

Why is acting like decent human being such a problem for you plutocrats?

Here's the thing. I got insurance through my job. And I paid my co-pays, a little extra to get the top-notch plan because I'm getting up there in years. And then I had to get a couple of operations. And lo and behold, my company was suddenly looking to get rid of me. Imagine that. And I wasn't the only person they did this to.

What has ruined American Health care is the greed. What had ruined America is greed.

If we did what Germany, the UK, Canada did, we wouldn't have an issue with this. Instead, we are all carrying Ed Hanaway and his 72 million dollar severance package at Cigna.

What I find amazing the total ignorance of those that spout all this "plutocracy" crap and "the rich do not pay their fair share" and "the wealthy control" Congress.
Well, they have at least one thing right. The wealthy IN Congress, mostly Democrats, do control a lot.
But we never hear about them because they BE DEMOCRATS.

Actually, we don't hear much because they try to do the right thing.

Can you name one instance, when there was a dispute between the Plutocrats and the rest of us, that the GOP didn't come down solidly on the side of the Plutocrats.

PLutocracy was on the Ballot on Nov. 6 And it lost.

Shitty poll, it didn't even have:

1) Mitt Romney is and has admitted to being a progressive liberal

2) Mitt alienated Conservatives

3) Mitt Romney is the definition of "flip flopper"

It also didn't have "Mitt was a magic Unicorn".

I really did limit it to PLAUSIBLE explanations.

Now, just as Predicted, (many times) the minute Romney lost, we would hear the whine about how he wasn't a "real conservative", and that only a "real" conservative who embraced every bit of religious right and TEAbagging batshittery could have won.

I suspect that the only way we stop hearing this nonsense is if the GOP actually gets its way, and loses by Goldwater level proportions.

It also didn't have "Mitt was a magic Unicorn".

I really did limit it to PLAUSIBLE explanations.

Now, just as Predicted, (many times) the minute Romney lost, we would hear the whine about how he wasn't a "real conservative", and that only a "real" conservative who embraced every bit of religious right and TEAbagging batshittery could have won.

I suspect that the only way we stop hearing this nonsense is if the GOP actually gets its way, and loses by Goldwater level proportions.

Like I said, it was a shitty poll seeing as it didn't list the main reasons Mitt couldn't pull the votes to beat one of the worst Presidents in US history.

"Anyone but Obama!!!" Annnnyone.... Even Mitt fucking Romney... Or not!

It was predicted that Romney was not a conservative since before the Primaries started... That's why there was a "Anyone but Romney" movement in the Republican party, all the way to election day.

Last edited:
Romney lost after the ACA ruling.

He was banking on that going the other way..and it was a grand example of conservative over reach.

Romney lost after the ACA ruling.

He was banking on that going the other way..and it was a grand example of conservative over reach.

His face that day did speak volumes.

romney-scotus.JPG

Here's the thing. I got insurance through my job. And I paid my co-pays, a little extra to get the top-notch plan because I'm getting up there in years. And then I had to get a couple of operations. And lo and behold, my company was suddenly looking to get rid of me. Imagine that. And I wasn't the only person they did this to.

What has ruined American Health care is the greed. What had ruined America is greed.

If we did what Germany, the UK, Canada did, we wouldn't have an issue with this. Instead, we are all carrying Ed Hanaway and his 72 million dollar severance package at Cigna.

You of course will have many on the far right say you’re to blame.

The company had every right to get rid of you, as you became a liability; they’re running a business, not a charity.

You’re to blame because you failed to work hard and achieve to the point where you could afford to buy your own health insurance, the mere fact that you worked for someone, rather than yourself, placed you at a disadvantage.

This is in essence the Romney mentality and message, a message of contempt and disdain for working Americans.

He was crazy?

He is a man of no principals. He will say anything to appear in agreement with any group of people. He was secretive about his personal finances..taxes and Bain especially. He is a bishop in a cult. He mistreats dogs. He thinks deisguising himself as a Michigan State trooper and pulling women over is a harmless prank. He is a bully that thought it was "good fun" to cut the hair off of a gay kid in school.

In other words he was barely a better candidate than the ham sandwich that was supposed to beat Obama in a landslide. It wasn't just Willard. His supporters are just as flawed.

Spot on!

[
Like I said, it was a shitty poll seeing as it didn't list the main reasons Mitt couldn't pull the votes to beat one of the worst Presidents in US history.

"Anyone but Obama!!!" Annnnyone.... Even Mitt fucking Romney... Or not!

It was predicted that Romney was not a conservative since before the Primaries started... That's why there was a "Anyone but Romney" movement in the Republican party, all the way to election day.

Except all the conservative carping about Romney ended when he locked up the primaries. The Evangelicals even stopped calling his religion a cult.

And frankly, they could have all gone and voted for Gary Johnson as a protest vote. But Gary only got 1.2 million votes. More than Bob Barr, to be sure.

The company had every right to get rid of you, as you became a liability; they’re running a business, not a charity.

You’re to blame because you failed to work hard and achieve to the point where you could afford to buy your own health insurance, the mere fact that you worked for someone, rather than yourself, placed you at a disadvantage.

This is in essence the Romney mentality and message, a message of contempt and disdain for working Americans.

Exactly.

His main meme was that he was going re-institute Bush economic policy without the compassion.

Thus he carved a new legacy for conservatism. It's no longer "compassionate", it's "your on your own".

Even as luminaries such as Jindal start recanting Romneyisms, his policies still hurt they improverished.

Well, it's hard for them not to have contempt and disdain when so many working people vote for them despite everything.

I know a couple of union guys who voted for Romney, because they hate Obama so much. These are guys I grew up with. But they just hate Obama.

Forget that if Romney got his way, those union protections and benefits would be gone in a heartbeat.

He was a frigging liberal running as a conservative.

He couldn't hide from his past and campaigning as a conservative cost him the liberal and moderate votes he might have gotten from those that were fed up with Obama. The only people that really supported him were the 47% of people who were "anybody but Obama".

Hehe, just had to throw in that number.

Immie

That dinosaur speak is what keeps us getting our ass kicked.
He won the majority of the Republican delegates.
Right wing policies is what directly swayed moderate and independent voters to Obama.

You are wrong.

Romney is a liberal, but he wore a conservative jacket. What is that about an "empty suit"?

You may be right that conservatism is not a winning ticket these days, but that is not why Romney lost. Romney lost because he is a liberal who tried to fool the conservative voice in America to win. He was unsuccessful in his attempt to fool them significantly. His lack of sincerity cost him enough moderate/conservative votes and didn't gain him many liberal votes.

I'm not saying the conservative ticket will win at the moment. That is not what I said at all. But, what I did say was that Romney is a liberal who tried to trick conservatives into believing he was "one of the good ole boys". He failed... he lost.

If you remember the primary season, most conservatives on this site were doing nothing but bad mouthing Romney. Then he wins the nomination and suddenly he's not such a bad guy after all. He was still the good for nothing liberal (not that all liberals are good for nothing but he was) he had always been, but he was not Obama and the cry was the same as it had been in 2004 with the last word changed... "Anybody but _______".

Maybe the conservative message is not a winner these days, but you can't win a frigging election as a liberal pretending to be a conservative especially if you are running against a die-hard liberal who is running as a moderate.

Immie

Forum List

Back