Why did Romney Lose?

Why did Romney lose the election?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bad candidate, inept campaign, lack of overarching message or vision, and disturbing willingness to be led by the fringe element of his party.

I don't think I heard a rationale for why he should win that didn't reference Barack Obama.

[

Probably so but only because the Jesus freaks will ask "Who is Ayn Rand?"

You can explain it to them... right after you explain why you are cheating them on their paychecks.

The GOP and Plutocracy only exists because soooo many of those bible thumpers vote against their own economic interests.

If someone has cheated you on a paycheck then why do you still work for them?

Only a dumb ass does that. No cry babies.

Milk weak excuses are all the rage now with the uneducated masses in America with job skills barely at the "do you want fries with that".

Poll to follow...

Edit- It's an open poll, vote for as many options as you like.

I think they all applied except Mormonism and Paul Ryan.

I don't think Ryan really helped his campaign, but he didn't really hurt it that much.

I also don't think anti-Mormonism hurt his campaign as much as it should have, because he didn't talk about it and no one else wanted to talk about it, either.

His campaign was not built for the national stage. It was built to be able to beat up small fry candidates. The tactics that delivered the primary victory did not work against a well-funded opponent. When Obama started hitting first, hitting hard, and then hitting back, they had no strategy to respond.

He was crazy?

He is a man of no principals. He will say anything to appear in agreement with any group of people. He was secretive about his personal finances..taxes and Bain especially. He is a bishop in a cult. He mistreats dogs. He thinks deisguising himself as a Michigan State trooper and pulling women over is a harmless prank. He is a bully that thought it was "good fun" to cut the hair off of a gay kid in school.

In other words he was barely a better candidate than the ham sandwich that was supposed to beat Obama in a landslide. It wasn't just Willard. His supporters are just as flawed.

Somehow I missed that. Hell, in other words he has a defined personality disorder, and the republican party ran him anyway. I said from jump they didn't want to win this one.

[

Probably so but only because the Jesus freaks will ask "Who is Ayn Rand?"

You can explain it to them... right after you explain why you are cheating them on their paychecks.

The GOP and Plutocracy only exists because soooo many of those bible thumpers vote against their own economic interests.

Milk weak excuses are all the rage now with the uneducated masses in America with job skills barely at the "do you want fries with that".

You know very well that in this recession, few of have the option of walking away.

But, hey, you probably think it was just dandy when people get fired for getting sick. Because that's the plutocratic way.

Oh, yeah. Plutocracy got handed its ass on Nov. 6, and it was a beautiful thing to behold.

The "he is a Mormon" is the most ignorant answer of them all.
"It is a cult", what an absurd claim. I know many Mormons here in Atlanta area and they are all fairly moderate and independent good family hard working community folks from all walks of life.
If there ever was a cult in this country it would be right wing Christian and the nation is full of politicians in office that fit that profile.

And Romney has never and will never be close to what those people believe in.

I've known Mormons, and they were the creepiest, most back-stabbing mother effers I ever met in my life.

His Mormonism SHOULD have been an issue, but the media refused to talk about it. Thankfully, the man had so many other flaws he lost anyway... so there's that.

So the Mormons you know are back stabbers, "creepy". And that probably is less than 1% of ALL Mormons.
So you put Romney in the same group as the ones you know, a very, very small minority, and judge him on that. You judge THE ENTIRE group of Mormons on the very few you know.
Mormons have one of the lowest rate of committing crime than any other religious group in America.
So you have judged Romney on YOUR interactions with a few Mormons.
Black Christians have THE HIGHEST rate of committing crime in America.
So under your theory it is OK to judge Obama on that.
Under YOUR theory Obama's race "SHOULD have been an issue, but the media refused to talk about it"
Yet you voted for Obama.
The bigot that you are.

You know very well that in this recession, few of have the option of walking away.

But, hey, you probably think it was just dandy when people get fired for getting sick. Because that's the plutocratic way.

Oh, yeah. Plutocracy got handed its ass on Nov. 6, and it was a beautiful thing to behold.

Where have I said it is OK for firing anyone for getting sick?
You have to tell lies to attempt to prove any of your claims.

He was crazy?

He is a man of no principals. He will say anything to appear in agreement with any group of people. He was secretive about his personal finances..taxes and Bain especially. He is a bishop in a cult. He mistreats dogs. He thinks deisguising himself as a Michigan State trooper and pulling women over is a harmless prank. He is a bully that thought it was "good fun" to cut the hair off of a gay kid in school.

In other words he was barely a better candidate than the ham sandwich that was supposed to beat Obama in a landslide. It wasn't just Willard. His supporters are just as flawed.

You forgot that Romney wants to put a 9 mm round, or 3, in the back of the heads of seniors and push them over a cliff in their wheelchairs.
"mistreats dogs" :lol:
"a man of no principals" (principles) from a man that earned his living smuggling illegal substances having no idea who they would end up with.

But excellent point Huggy and I am with you 100% on the bullying matter. Saw a lot of that BS as a youngster and still despise those that were involved. Romney says he "does not remember". BS, he remembered.

Last edited:
There are many reasons Mitt lost.

You included many of them, but as we cannot select mmultiple choices, I choose not to vote in this poll.

How do you base a credible campaign on the I'm not him strategy?
Romneydull.jpg

Last edited:
He was crazy?

You forgot that Romney wants to put a 9 mm round, or 3, in the back of the heads of seniors and push them over a cliff in their wheelchairs.

"a man of no principals" (principles) from a man that earned his living smuggling illegal substances having no idea who they would end up with.

But excellent point Huggy and I am with you 100% on the bullying matter. Saw a lot of that BS as a youngster and still despise those that were involved. Romney says he "does not remember". BS, he remembered.

I didn't know that. Now I'm really glad I didn't vote for him. ... but then I didn't vote for Obama either.

WhatTheFuck you say HUGGY? Yup! Somebody stole my ballot out of the mail so I couldn't vote this time. My mail gets taken frequently up here at the motel. I have been trying to get the PO to allow a different location for a locked mailbox instead of an unlocked one right in front of the bus stop on Aurora. Oh well.

I smuggled pot from SA. I've never heard of a fatal pot experience. Sometimes I recieved Cocaine as an extra gift for a job well done and sold it. A guy can't really sit down and consume a couple of kilos of blow by himself. In the cases of people selling to at risk users I was very dilligent on who I sold to. No kids...no fatalities. My coke went almost exclusively to rich people that had more money than sense. Much of it went to sports celebrities... some even to highly placed politicians...and even to a few in law enforcement.

True story.

I didn't know that. Now I'm really glad I didn't vote for him. ... but then I didn't vote for Obama either.

WhatTheFuck you say HUGGY? Yup! Somebody stole my ballot out of the mail so I couldn't vote this time. My mail gets taken frequently up here at the motel. I have been trying to get the PO to allow a different location for a locked mailbox instead of an unlocked one right in front of the bus stop on Aurora. Oh well.

I smuggled pot from SA. I've never heard of a fatal pot experience. Sometimes I recieved Cocaine as an extra gift for a job well done and sold it. A guy can't really sit down and consume a couple of kilos of blow by himself. In the cases of people selling to at risk users I was very dilligent on who I sold to. No kids...no fatalities. My coke went almost exclusively to rich people that had more money than sense. Much of it went to sports celebrities... some even to highly placed politicians...and even to a few in law enforcement.

True story.

Have no problems with your smuggling other than you have no idea if it had anything else in it or where it ended up.
Am for decriminalizing all drugs but no doubt whoever you sold it to possibly sold it to a 15 year old.
You had no idea where your coke went all the time.
We all live in glass houses, YOU included.

I voted for all. It was a perfect storm. I still laugh at the moronic Hail Mary passes.

True story.

Have no problems with your smuggling other than you have no idea if it had anything else in it or where it ended up.
Am for decriminalizing all drugs but no doubt whoever you sold it to possibly sold it to a 15 year old.

The pot I flew in was top of the line in Colombia. They never "added" anything to it. There was no need.

The Cocaine I recieved from time to time was of the highest quality. I in fact did test it by some personal use and by doing several chemical tests and physical property testing including a melt test which is impossible to fake. The coke I had was as pure as can be found anywhere on the planet. You are correct that I didn't have absolute complete control after it was out of my possession but the same can be said by anyone about any perscription drug. In a couple of rare situations I did cut people off if I felt they abused what I provided.

The adding of other ingredients to cocaine does not happen in SA. That would be stupid as it would just add to the bulk and make the job of smuggling it more difficult.

True story.

The pot I flew in was top of the line in Colombia. They never "added" anything to it. There was no need.

The Cocaine I recieved from time to time was of the highest quality. I in fact did test it by some personal use and by doing several chemical tests and physical property testing including a melt test which is impossible to fake. The coke I had was as pure as can be found anywhere on the planet. You are correct that I didn't have absolute complete control after it was out of my possession but the same can be said by anyone about any perscription drug. In a couple of rare situations I did cut people off if I felt they abused what I provided.

The adding of other ingredients to cocaine does not happen in SA. That would be stupid as it would just add to the bulk and make the job of smuggling it more difficult.

I am sure the end product always passed FDA inspection.
You maxed your risk, a true entrepreneur capitalist.
Must be nice to be against other capitalists that are forced to pay taxes when your tax liability WAS ZERO.

I am sure the end product always passed FDA inspection.
You maxed your risk, a true entrepreneur capitalist.
Must be nice to be against other capitalists that are forced to pay taxes when your tax liability WAS ZERO.

It wouldn't surprise me if some FDA inspectors partook in the consumtion of what I imported. :lol:

I agree that smuggling is the ultimate risk/reward capitalistic endeavor. Getting shot at by various individuals including bandits and law enforcement is pretty much the ultimate risk wouldn't you agree?

I am not against capitalists. I am against thieves and those that commit fraud disguised as capitalists.

You are angry that I did not pay taxes on my drug smuggling opperations? That would be tha fault of society that did not allow for doing so with immunity. Their fake morality war on drugs has cost them a pretty penny.

He was:

elitist
rude
out of touch
had really, really bad policy ideas
flip flopped continually
arrogant
very strange
constipated
walked funny
talked funny
huge ego
thought he knew it all
talked down to Americans
didn't thank or mention the troops when he should have
no foreign policy experience
had at least one big mouth son who wanted to slap Obama
didn't reveal tax info and his wife poinedly said they weren't going to
We're going to get rid of PBS, PP and people aren't going to like it (well, we got rid of you--how do you like it?)
Wife said he was mentally unstable
Has car elevator that doesn't go all the way to the top

These are just a few of my "favorite" things about Mitt Robme! Complete Jerk!

So the Mormons you know are back stabbers, "creepy". And that probably is less than 1% of ALL Mormons.
So you put Romney in the same group as the ones you know, a very, very small minority, and judge him on that. You judge THE ENTIRE group of Mormons on the very few you know.
Mormons have one of the lowest rate of committing crime than any other religious group in America.
So you have judged Romney on YOUR interactions with a few Mormons.

Well, it's like this guy. I find one cockroach in my salad, I don't eat there a second time to see if it's a fluke or not.

And frankly, Romney was everything I expected. The more we found out about this guy- bullying gays, strapping animals to rooftops, cutting peeople's health benefits to enrich himself.

He was everything I've come to expect from Mormons.

The guy was a real piece of shit...

Poll to follow...

Edit- It's an open poll, vote for as many options as you like.

I think they all applied except Mormonism and Paul Ryan.

I don't think Ryan really helped his campaign, but he didn't really hurt it that much.

I also don't think anti-Mormonism hurt his campaign as much as it should have, because he didn't talk about it and no one else wanted to talk about it, either.
Joe, I cannot vote on your poll because I regard Romney as the moral winner, and with all the angst over ballot stuffing in ACORN-controlled districts from coast to coast, charged with bringing the vote in line with last-minute "polls" by unknown pollsters, I'm not certain he didn't win in other ways as well, though not to the point of being eaten with any conspiracy theories. So I will just say that:

In Romney's favor as the Moral Winner, he:

• Would hold the office of President of the USA as one worthy of his full attention to keeping his Oath of Office.
  • Is prepared to give Americans access to jobs by supporting the private sector, by encouraging employers to create high-paying jobs and promotions based on merit, and not on nepotism or brown-nosing.
  • Gives Americans an opportunity to have a budget and work its way out of debt obligations piled on by previous Congresses
  • Has an open door to both conservatives as well as liberals who have the American people's best interests at heart
  • Has a policy of reconciling nations to each other with strength and courage of his convictions
  • Supports the Constitution and the Oath of the Office of President of the USA as it is, and not as it would be for all-power to absolutely control the thoughts of other Americans.
I'm proud of Mitt Romney. America is fortunate to have him as its exemplary citizen of beneficence and wisdom, and I will always hold his family as the dear people that they are in this nation.

Forum List

Back