Why did God create evil?

If all powerful, then why let evil flourish? Why have deformed babies? Cancer?
Are deformed babies and cancer evil? Or a reality of existence?
But why does existence have to have deformed babies in it? For what purpose? Or is there no purpose to anything?
Maybe you are being tested.
Maybe? And why would I be tested? What's the point of that?
Yes, maybe.

Why does anyone get tested, Taz?
God's going to give me free will then test me for my whole life? Doesn't even make any sense. And totally arbitrary.

All I know is they existed before time and space.
You don't know what existed before time and space, stop being such an arrogant sob.
I know that space and time were created according to the laws of quantum mechanics and conservation of energy. Therefore those laws were in place before space and time.
They could have all come together at once. I'll wait for real proof, because your standards of proof are way too low.
No. They couldn't have. That would be magic. :lol:
Like you even know. Get a grip, brah.
My grip is so tight and perfect, you can't land a single blow.

For what purpose? Or is there no purpose to anything?
We live in a deterministic universe where the laws of nature are such that there has never been an uncaused event and for every caused event there has been an effect.

Therefore, everything which has unfolded has done so for a reason.

The definition of purpose is the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists.

So by definition there is a purpose to existence.
So what's the purpose of existence?

Are deformed babies and cancer evil? Or a reality of existence?
But why does existence have to have deformed babies in it? For what purpose? Or is there no purpose to anything?
Yes, maybe.

God's going to give me free will then test me for my whole life? Doesn't even make any sense. And totally arbitrary.
Maybe if you saw yourself as the center of the universe, but there's a little more to it than that. Everything is connected, dipshit. Even you being a dipshit is connected and used for good.

So no real answer. Thanks.
No. That was a real answer. Basically I am telling you that you aren’t seeing the complete picture.
Since you won't explain yourself, then I guess all that's left to say is stop drawing your picture with crayons. :biggrin:
I'm not the one viewing reality in a vacuum. You are.

You want to only see the bad things. You are completely ignoring the good things.

And you ignore the reality that good things arise from bad things.

I believe you are the one drawing with crayons, Taz.
I'm not ignoring anything, just focussing right now on figuring out why god would put so much bad shit in this universe? It's my view that if there's a god, it had to have made everything in the universe, not just some of the stuff, that doesn't seem logical to me.
Maybe if you focused on the good shit you just might discover that much of it has come from the bad shit.

And then you wouldn't need to be asking such childish questions.
So we need the bad stuff to make the good stuff? :cuckoo:

We live in a deterministic universe where the laws of nature are such that there has never been an uncaused event and for every caused event there has been an effect.

The definition of purpose is the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists.

To create intelligence and for that intelligence to evolve just as every other phase of evolution of matter has evolved before it.

Dipshit. :lol:

You don't know what existed before time and space, stop being such an arrogant sob.
I know that space and time were created according to the laws of quantum mechanics and conservation of energy. Therefore those laws were in place before space and time.
They could have all come together at once. I'll wait for real proof, because your standards of proof are way too low.
Are you always right? Or just this time? :biggrin:

No. That was a real answer. Basically I am telling you that you aren’t seeing the complete picture.
Since you won't explain yourself, then I guess all that's left to say is stop drawing your picture with crayons. :biggrin:
I'm not the one viewing reality in a vacuum. You are.

You want to only see the bad things. You are completely ignoring the good things.

And you ignore the reality that good things arise from bad things.

I believe you are the one drawing with crayons, Taz.
I'm not ignoring anything, just focussing right now on figuring out why god would put so much bad shit in this universe? It's my view that if there's a god, it had to have made everything in the universe, not just some of the stuff, that doesn't seem logical to me.
Maybe if you focused on the good shit you just might discover that much of it has come from the bad shit.

And then you wouldn't need to be asking such childish questions.
So we need the bad stuff to make the good stuff? :cuckoo:
Not exactly. But the bad stuff does end up creating good stuff.

I don't believe you possess the intelligence to understand this.

Yes, maybe.

Maybe if you saw yourself as the center of the universe, but there's a little more to it than that. Everything is connected, dipshit. Even you being a dipshit is connected and used for good.
So retarded and deformed babies are needed to be used for good? :cuckoo:

Just relative to you.

Mostly because you are always wrong though.

Yes, maybe.

Needed? Did I say needed?

Yes, good does come from having babies which are handicapped.

To create intelligence and for that intelligence to evolve just as every other phase of evolution of matter has evolved before it.

Nice theory, but seems kinda sterile as a reason.

Just relative to you.

So what about all the other people you argue with here? Are they right sometimes?

Theory? Clearly you do not know the stages of evolution or that consciousness is a distinct stage of evolution.

Just relative to you.

So what about all the other people you argue with here? Are they right sometimes?
Why not?

Yes, maybe.

Needed? Did I say needed?

Yes, good does come from having babies which are handicapped.
Some kids are retarded, severely deformed and in constant pain. To say that any good comes from that for the kid is demonic. You have no morals.

Sterile as a reason? Heavens, no. It is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence. It is a kick ass reason.

Theory? Clearly you do not know the stages of evolution or that consciousness is a distinct stage of evolution.
Clearly, you don't know what real proof is.

Sterile as a reason? Heavens, no. It is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence. It is a kick ass reason.
It could be one part of it, but it's too simplistic, there has to be more.

Forum List

Back