Zone1 Correcting misconceptions

toty5

VIP Member
Jan 14, 2015
Some Christians claim that pigs are not forbidden in Christianity, and they deduce this with flimsy evidence

It’s not what goes into your mouth that defiles you; you are defiled by the words that come out of your mouth.”
((Matthew 15:11 ►)

In fact, this saying has nothing to do with banning pigs or not, but rather as part of a response to the Jews when they reproached the disciples of Jesus for not washing their hands before eating. On the contrary, the intention of the Lord Christ with his words is to show that moral impurity is far more dangerous than physical impurity.

” Peter said, “Explain the parable to us.” “Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them. “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”

Matthew 15:11-20

1. Pork prohibited in Qur’an
The Qur’an prohibits the consumption of pork in no less than 4 different places.
It is prohibited in 2:173, 5:3, 6:145 and 16:115.
“Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine,
and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah.”
[Al-Qur’an 5:3]
The above verses of the Holy Qur’an are sufficient to satisfy a Muslim as to why
pork is forbidden.

2. Pork prohibited in the Bible
The Christian is likely to be convinced by his religious scriptures. The Bible
prohibits the consumption of pork, in the book of Leviticus
“And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth
not the cud; he is unclean to you”.
“Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch,
they are unclean to you.” [Leviticus 11:7-8]
Pork is also prohibited in the Bible in the book of Deuteronomy
“And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud,
it is unclean unto you

The laws of God are one from Adam to Muhammad, peace be upon them
the worship of the One God (the Father) and not of a human being or an idol or anything you can imagine
and Prohibition of fornication, alcohol and pork

Dr Zakir Naik proved that having Pork is prohibited haraam in Islam as well as in Christianity

لماذا ناقض بولس التلاميذ في قوانين الطعام والشريعة؟

By this logic ... deadly nightshade is clean for us to eat ... "And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat." -- Gen 1:29 ...

The FDA has approved some medication extracted from deadly nightshade, and apparently a few are available OTC under the alternate name "Belladonna" ... and as far as natural healing, we have far far safer alternatives for any and all nightshade's virtue ... just because a plant is clean doesn't mean we have to eat it ...

I stopped eating pork when I came to Christianity ... and only because the Bible says to not eat pork ... that was important for me at the time ... we don't put "new wine in old wine skins" ... once I served my novicehood, I just never returned to eating pork ... [blush] ... but I did return to eating shrimp and clams and GMOs ... shame on me ...

لماذا يستحلّ المسيحيون كل الطعام برغم تحريم بعض الطعام عليهم؟ - حوار حمزة مع مسيحي

Why do Christians eat all food even though some food is forbidden to them? Hamza's dialogue with a Christian

هل تتبعون يسوع أم بولس؟ عدنان رشيد في حوار هادئ مع مسيحيين

Do you follow Jesus or Paul? Adnan Rashid in a quiet dialogue with Christians

An hour of videos? ... how'bout a TL;DR version ...

Let me guess ... these are about God's First Covenant with Man ... Christians live by the Second Covenant ... if my neighbor invites me for dinner, I'm not going to throw a bunch of religious horseshit in this face, like some dietary law ... that's not neighborly ... it was on the third tablet, the one that Moses dropped on his way down from Mt Zion ... the 14th Commandment was "Thou shall not shove thy religion down thy neighbor's throat" ...

Paul was a sinner ... murdered Christians ... no salvation there ...

all religions are leading humanity towards best practice.

Jesus came to fulfil the law because his religion is deeply founded on OT teachings and I was pointing out that throwing out some OT teachings and keeping others seems a bit hit and miss.

Matthew 5:17-18, Jesus says, "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfil them."

the OT is speaking about the special relationship of Israel and the protective laws that God has made special for them. This has nothing to do with the abrogation of dietary laws in the Christian era which is still an Israeli religion. The fact that the Western world began to follow Christianity means nothing. It is an Israeli religion.

So now we have a problem, , no more pork on your fork.

The other problem this raises is that the OT and the NT are entirely different religions and Christians should be governed only by the NT, but the foundations of your religion are built on the teachings of the OT,

مسيحي يتحدى المسلمين أن يروه نبوءات لسيدنا محمد فجاءه الرد​

القرآن يذهل العالم ويكشف 10 أسرار تاريخية عن الفراعنة ومصر القديمة لم تُكتشف إلا حديثاً

You will be shocked when watching the video

DEBATE : THE QUR'AN AND THE BIBLE IN THE LIGHT OF SCIENCE | TALK + REBUTTAL + Q & A | DR ZAKIR NAIK

Some Christians claim that pigs are not forbidden in Christianity, and they deduce this with flimsy evidence

It’s not what goes into your mouth that defiles you; you are defiled by the words that come out of your mouth.”
((Matthew 15:11 ►)

In fact, this saying has nothing to do with banning pigs or not, but rather as part of a response to the Jews when they reproached the disciples of Jesus for not washing their hands before eating. On the contrary, the intention of the Lord Christ with his words is to show that moral impurity is far more dangerous than physical impurity.

” Peter said, “Explain the parable to us.” “Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them. “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”

Matthew 15:11-20

1. Pork prohibited in Qur’an
The Qur’an prohibits the consumption of pork in no less than 4 different places.
It is prohibited in 2:173, 5:3, 6:145 and 16:115.
“Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine,
and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah.”
[Al-Qur’an 5:3]
The above verses of the Holy Qur’an are sufficient to satisfy a Muslim as to why
pork is forbidden.

2. Pork prohibited in the Bible
The Christian is likely to be convinced by his religious scriptures. The Bible
prohibits the consumption of pork, in the book of Leviticus
“And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth
not the cud; he is unclean to you”.
“Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch,
they are unclean to you.” [Leviticus 11:7-8]
Pork is also prohibited in the Bible in the book of Deuteronomy
“And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud,
it is unclean unto you

the worship of the One God (the Father) and not of a human being or an idol or anything you can imagine
and Prohibition of fornication, alcohol and pork

Dr Zakir Naik proved that having Pork is prohibited haraam in Islam as well as in Christianity

لماذا ناقض بولس التلاميذ في قوانين الطعام والشريعة؟

Moses has no authority under the N.T. covenant. Jesus Christ has been given ALL AUTHORITY in heaven and on earth....its not part Moses and part Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20). Example: Pork was forbidden under the Old Testament (because it was an unclean meat at the time and could carry disease......that is not true today) .

No one is to judge a Christian about, meat, drink, holidays or sabbaths (Col. 2:14-16)

Yet.......here you are JUDGING in direct contradiction to the Word of God.

In Acts 10:9-17....God informed Peter. Who was a devout Jew, and could not eat certain foods, "What God has cleansed, you must not call common....." God had changed the covenant Law, He told Peter.........kill and eat.......there was a long list of animals that once was forbidden but now are acceptable. Peter called this list COMMON ..God told him not to call these things COMMON because God had cleansed them.

You are still attempting to live in a Physical Kingdom of God here on earth and apply physical laws that governed in the Old Law........when the Kingdom is of a Spiritual Nature. The Kingdom exists without observation (Luke 17:20-21).......the kingdom resides within the heart of the believer.......its a Spiritual Kingdom Not of this World (John 18:36-37).

If you attempt to live by the laws that governed the Physical Kingdoms of earth (The Law of Moses and the prophets).......you are doomed because there is no remedy for sin under the terms of the Law and the Prophets. "Therefore by the deeds of the LAW (Moses and the Prophets), there shall be no flesh JUSTIFIED in HIS (God's) sight........." -- Romans 3:20

Last edited:
Since when do Christians have to take orders from that old Leviticus?
The Old Law mentioned in Leviticus was for Israel only. I'll give a shinny buffalo nickle to anyone that can point me to any practicing member from the Levite tribe today and confirm it by a tribal lineage. There are 613 Laws to obey under the Old Law of Moses. Some false religions pick and choose from these 613 laws and forget the rest........if you follow one of the laws you are bound to follow them all in order to Justify living by these laws. "For whoever keeps the Law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it........" -- James 2:10

These people that promote OLD TESTAMENT diets..........fail to follow the other laws, circumcision of all male children on the 8th day........is just as important as avoiding certain foods because it requires at least 7 days + for the newborn to become protected against disease ......during the 1st week the newborn would be subject to infection and death if such a surgery was preformed before the 8th day.

Under the Law of Moses the tribe of Leviticus was separated from the other tribes of Israel, one of their duties was to stand between God and Israel to offer sacrifices directly to God from the other tribes. Another of their duties was to carry the ark of the Covenant. (Deut. 10:8-9, Lev.4:20,26,31......Hebrews 8:4

Show us the Ark...........show us evidence of anyone sacrificing burnt offerings to the Royal Priesthood of Levites........pork or any other offering. Fact: the High Priest of Levite represented the whole nation of Israel before God and were the only ones to actually make sacrifices to God for the other Tribes. Aaron was the first appointed High Priest (Ex. 28:12, Hebrews 5:1)

Fact: The Old Law called the Mosaical Law was written by God only for one nation of peoples.............Israel, who was husbanded by the God of Creation (Jer. 31:31-34). Israel in Hebrew contains one of the names for God......EL, it literally means protected by God...i.e, husbanded by, some say it means to wrestle/argue with God. Israel was married to God. (Deut. 5:2-3) not to any Gentile/Greek/Muslim/...etc. Before, by any ancestors or after the Law and the Prophets were fulfilled.

Under the N.T. covenant of Grace..........the church/kingdom is the Bride of Jesus Christ and as such the kingdom of God is no longer titled Israel.......the church is called by the husband's name, members are called by the one that is a husband to them, the one that is commissioned to protect and provide for the bride.............we are called CHRISTIANS. (Gal. 3:28-29).......there is no longer, Jews and Gentiles, male or females, bond or free.......they are all CHRISTIANS.

The disciples of Christ were called Christians first at Antioch (Acts 11:26)

Last edited:
However, there is one fact that we must bear in mind, and that is that Christ came as a fixer of the Torah and a confirmation of what was declared therein:

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Matthew 5:17-18

So spoke Christ. . . How did Peter speak? . . ! ?

Peter abolished the law.

So . ... . All the beasts of the earth. . Even monsters and pigs. . . Nothing is forbidden anymore.According to Peter's words

Do we believe the words of Christ or the story of Peter and other Bible legends?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

A Muslim does not eat harmful or unclean foods

Complete List of Halal and Haram Food Items in Islam

Pork, Dead Meat, Blood and Food on which Name other than that of God is taken are Prohibited in Islam and Christianity - Dr Zakir Naik

the worship of the one God (the Father) and not of man or idol or anything imaginable
and prohibition of fornication, alcohol and pork

Do we believe the words of Christ or the story of Peter and other Bible legends?
Yet you don't believe the words of Christ.

The apostles were faithful in carrying Christ's message. Muhammad was not

Jesus revealed Himself as the "I Am" of th Bible.

He said He "saw Satan fall from heaven"

He said He met Abraham.

You reject Him

Your words are incorrect

Jesus in Islam

The Islamic belief about Jesus demystifies for us who the real Jesus was. Jesus in Islam was an extraordinary individual, chosen by God as a Prophet and sent to the Jewish people. He never preached that he himself was God or the actual son of God. He was miraculously born without a father, and he performed many amazing miracles such as healing the blind and the lepers and raising the dead – all by God’s permission. Muslims believe that Jesus will return before the day of Judgement to bring justice and peace to the world. This Islamic belief about Jesus is similar to the belief of some of the early Christians. In the Quran, God addresses the Christians about Jesus in the following way:

O People of the Book, do not commit excesses in your religion, and do not say anything about God except the truth: the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was nothing more than a messenger of God, His word, directed to Mary and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His Messengers and do not speak of a ‘Trinity’– stop [this], that is better for you– God is only one God, He is far above having a son, everything in the heavens and earth belongs to Him and He is the best one to trust. [4:171]

Islam is not just another religion. It is the same message preached by Moses, Jesus and Abraham. Islam literally means ‘submission to God’ and it teaches us to have a direct relationship with God. It reminds us that since God created us, no one should be worshipped except God alone. It also teaches that God is nothing like a human being or like anything that we can imagine. The concept of God is summarized in the Quran as:

“Say, He is God, the One. God, the Absolute. He does not give birth, nor was He born, and there is nothing like Him.” (Quran 112:1-4)[4]

2-

The Prophets of the Old Testament such as Abraham, Noah and Jonah never preached that God is part of a Trinity, and did not believe in Jesus as their saviour. Their message was simple: there is one God and He alone deserves your worship. It doesn’t make sense that God sent Prophets for thousands of years with the same essential message, and then all of a sudden he says he is in a Trinity and that you must believe in Jesus to be saved.

The truth is that Jesus preached the same message that the Prophets in the Old Testament preached. There is a passage in the Bible which really emphasizes his core message. A man came to Jesus and asked “Which is the first commandment of all?”Jesus answered, “The first of all the commandments is Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.’’[Mark 12:28-29]. So the greatest commandment, the most important belief according to Jesus is that God is one. If Jesus was God he would have said ‘I am God, worship me’, but he didn’t. He merely repeated a verse from the Old Testament confirming that God is One.

Some people claim that Jesus came to die for the sins of the world. But consider the following statement of Jesus: This is eternal life: to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you sent. I have glorified you on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.[John 17:3-4].

Also Jesus said “salvation is of the Jews” [John 4:22]. So according to this we don’t need to believe in the Trinity or that Jesus died for our sins to attain salvation since the Jews don’t have these beliefs.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

3-

Looking back, what seems strange to me now is not that people would wish to embody Jesus’ values, but that others would criticize them for it. What seems even stranger is that few Christians, in the modern day, match this profile. is that Muslims seemed to embody Jesus’ values better than Christians.

Practices of Worship

1. Jesus purified himself with washing prior to prayer, as was the practice of the pious prophets who preceded him (see Exodus 40:31-32 in reference to Moses and Aaron), and as is the practice of Muslims.

2. Jesus prayed in prostration (Matthew 26:39), like the other prophets (see Nehemiah 8:6 with regard to Ezra and the people, Joshua 5:14 for Joshua, Genesis 17:3 and 24:52 for Abraham, Exodus 34:8 and Numbers 20:6 for Moses and Aaron). Who prays like that, Christians or Muslims?

3. Jesus fasted for more than a month at a time (Matthew 4:2 and Luke 4:2), as did the pious before him (Exodus 34:28, I Kings 19:, and as do Muslims in the annual fast of the month of Ramadan.

4. Jesus made pilgrimage for the purpose of worship, as all Orthodox Jews aspire to do. The Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca is well known, and is alluded to in the Bible (see The First and Final Commandment).
Matters of Creed

1. Jesus taught the oneness of God (Mark 12:29-30, Matthew 22:37 and Luke 10:27), as conveyed in the first commandment (Exodus 20:3). Nowhere did he declare the Trinity.

2. Jesus declared himself a man and a prophet of God , and nowhere claimed divinity or divine sonship. Which creed are the above points more consistent with—the Trinitarian formula or the absolute monotheism of Islam?

One wonders what happened between the practices of the first generation of Jesus’ followers and the Christians of modern day. At the same time, we have to respect the fact that Muslims exemplify Jesus’ teachings more than Christians do. Furthermore, we should remember that the Old Testament foretold three prophets to follow. John the Baptist and Jesus Christ were numbers one and two, and Jesus Christ himself predicted the third and last. Hence, both Old and New Testaments speak of a final prophet, and we would be amiss if we didn’t consider that final prophet to be Muhammad, and the final revelation to be that of Islam
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

4-

Jesus was not eternal from eternity

The argument is made that because Jesus was “before” Abraham, Jesus must have been God. There is no question that Jesus figuratively “existed” in Abraham’s time. However, he did not actually physically exist as a person; rather he “existed” in the plan of God. A careful reading of the context of the verse shows that Jesus was speaking of “existing” in God’s foreknowledge.

Here is another example where a Prophet existed in the knowledge even before he was born, yet he was not at all Divine, Jeremiah 1:5 – Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, before you were born I set you apart, I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) said: “I was a Prophet when Adam was between water and clay”
Yet, no Muslim claims that the Prophet was divine, the meaning has it in it that even when Nabi Adam or Abraham (alayhimussalaam) were present, Jesus (‘Eesa alayhissalaam) and Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) were Decreed to be the Messiah and the Last Prophet in Allah’s plan respectively. Attaching ‘Divinity’ to such statements shall be absurd and meaningless.

Because the Gospels are distorted, and Jesus did not say everything that John mentioned

"I AM"

There is no word for "am" in Hebrew or Arabic. And pronouns are not proper nouns.

Basic grammer.

Q&A Jesus:Before Abraham Was, I Am (John 8:58) - Sheikh

Arsenal midfielder Thomas Partey has converted to Islam,

Forum List

Back