Why are we being punished for Adam's sin? is it true story?

Powerman said:
And since Genesis was allegedly written by Moses how the fuck would he know what the real stories were?

try 2 discuss it intellectual without citing any story in any book...

Why are we being punished for Adam's sin after he ate the
forbidden fruit?
Isn't the problem of adam alone not ours?
why was jesus punished because of adam's sin for the sake of criminals?
what is the wisdom of God to let his( son) to be killed by jews?
where is the mercy of the father toward his son?
is there any other salvation method less bloody?

f u don't convince, don't answer...

Confident said:

forbidden fruit?

Uh retard, the entire premis of your thread is based on a story from the same book powerman is citing. Are that stupid? Seriously, I mean no disrespect.

Confident said:

forbidden fruit?

adam was punished, cast from the garden
you can choose or not choose to be punished for the original sin
jesus chose his punishment you of all people should understand martyrdom
the romans killed jesus not the jews
he is in heaven
yes there are many roads to salvation

manu1959 said:

It's not the least bit surprising that someone who is pushing Islam would be so quick to blame Jews for something.

(And just to be clear, I'm referring to Confident, not Manu1959 - Manu is correct about the Romans)

Max Power said:
It's not the least bit surprising that someone who is pushing Islam would be so quick to blame Jews for something.

(And just to be clear, I'm referring to Confident, not Manu1959 - Manu is correct about the Romans)
not to mention that he is calling all of us uneducated....hey, one man's moron is another man's rocket scientist

Powerman said:
And since Genesis was allegedly written by Moses how the fuck would he know what the real stories were?

Revelation. God showed Him the creation, the fall, the lives of the early patriarchs.

Confident said:

forbidden fruit?

Isn't the question obvious? We aren't punished for Adam's sins. We experience some of the consequences of it though. We are mortal. that was a consequence of Adam's sin. He was mortal when his children was born. a mortal cannot parent and immortal child. it is simply impossible. Thankfully the consequence of death is taken from us as well. Though through Adam we die, through Christ we will be made alive again. Because we will die physical because of someone else, we will also rise from the dead because of someone else.

Christ willingly suffered the sins of the rest of the world because we could not atone for our own sins. The consequence of our sin is the death of our bodies and the death of our spirits. The just consequence of sin is death, and because of that Justice cannot be satisfied without physical and spiritual death. God's mercy cannot rob justice. Else God would be a liar and would not be just. But if one who is perfect and sinless suffers and dies, when they did not have to die because of their actions, justice demands that to that person be recompensed for that, He can ask for anything He desires and will receive it, even the forgiveness of the sins of everyone who repents and comes to Him to be healed.

When you understand the justice of God, you will understand that God cannot be a just God and be merciful unless there is an Atonement made.

manu1959 said:
adam was punished, cast from the garden
you can choose or not choose to be punished for the original sin
jesus chose his punishment you of all people should understand martyrdom
he is in heaven
yes there are many roads to salvation

Biblical History 101.....The Roman Governor P.Pilate gave the Jews the option to release Jesus vs the murderer...they voted to release the murderer vs Jesus...So in effect Pilate washed his hands for the Roman Empire...the Jewish Hiarchy must accept resonsibility...just a little case law here!

archangel said:
Biblical History 101.....The Roman Governor P.Pilate gave the Jews the option to release Jesus vs the murderer...they voted to release the murderer vs Jesus...So in effect Pilate washed his hands for the Roman Empire...the Jewish Hiarchy must accept resonsibility...just a little case law here!

I agree, but what needs to be pointed out is that it was the Jewish clergy and not the Jews as a people who charged Jesus and had him crucified.

John 18:

28 Then led they Jesus from Caiaphas unto the hall of judgment: and it was early; and they themselves went not into the judgment hall, lest they should be defiled; but that they might eat the passover.

29 Pilate then went out unto them, and said, What accusation bring ye against this man?

30 They answered and said unto him, If he were not a malefactor, we would not have delivered him up unto thee.

31 Then said Pilate unto them, Take ye him, and judge him according to your law. The Jews therefore said unto him, It is not lawful for us to put any man to death:

32 That the saying of Jesus might be fulfilled, which he spake, signifying what death he should die.

33 Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews?

34 Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me?

35 Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done?

36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

38 Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.

39 But ye have a custom, that I should release unto you one at the passover: will ye therefore that I release unto you the King of the Jews?

40 Then cried they all again, saying, Not this man, but Barabbas. Now Barabbas was a robber.

Mark 15:

1 And straightway in the morning the chief priests held a consultation with the elders and scribes and the whole council, and bound Jesus, and carried him away, and delivered him to Pilate.

2 And Pilate asked him, Art thou the King of the Jews? And he answering said unto him, Thou sayest it.

3 And the chief priests accused him of many things: but he answered nothing.

4 And Pilate asked him again, saying, Answerest thou nothing? behold how many things they witness against thee.

5 But Jesus yet answered nothing; so that Pilate marvelled.

6 Now at that feast he released unto them one prisoner, whomsoever they desired.

7 And there was one named Barabbas, which lay bound with them that had made insurrection with him, who had committed murder in the insurrection.

8 And the multitude crying aloud began to desire him to do as he had ever done unto them.

9 But Pilate answered them, saying, Will ye that I release unto you the King of the Jews?

10 For he knew that the chief priests had delivered him for envy.

11 But the chief priests moved the people, that he should rather release Barabbas unto them.

12 And Pilate answered and said again unto them, What will ye then that I shall do unto him whom ye call the King of the Jews?

13 And they cried out again, Crucify him.

14 Then Pilate said unto them, Why, what evil hath he done? And they cried out the more exceedingly, Crucify him.

15 And so Pilate, willing to content the people, released Barabbas unto them, and delivered Jesus, when he had scourged him, to be crucified.

Revelation. God showed Him the creation, the fall, the lives of the early patriarchs.

First I want you to show me the Bible verse that says that. I'm not doubting it's there I'm just not aware of which passage you are referring to. Secondly how do we know he didn't just make that up?

Max Power said:

But the Jews did have a chance to save him and they chose Barrabis, the rapist instead. Technically, the Jews who were present at the trial of Jesus are responsible because Pilate washed his hands of the decision. He left it up to the mob.

Hagbard Celine said:
But the Jews did have a chance to save him and they chose Barrabis, the rapist instead. Technically, the Jews who were present at the trial of Jesus are responsible because Pilate washed his hands of the decision. He left it up to the mob.

Or maybe God was responsible. Wasn't this inevitable? Predestined? Of course it was. Which takes away the whole free will thing. Which is why the bible doesn't make sense. You have the free will to do things that are predestined? That makes no sense.

Powerman said:
Or maybe God was responsible. Wasn't this inevitable? Predestined? Of course it was. Which takes away the whole free will thing. Which is why the bible doesn't make sense. You have the free will to do things that are predestined? That makes no sense.

Yeah. And life begins when after birth when god blows up your nose.

ajwps, is it you?

rtwngAvngr said:
Yeah. And life begins when after birth when god blows up your nose.

ajwps, is it you?

I don't know what you're talking about but it sure sounds like nonsense.

Hagbard Celine said:

First, Barabbas was a murder and an insurrectionist, not a rapist.

Second, the Jews (more specifically, the Jewish leaders of the Sanhedrin) were the ones who handed him over to Pilate. Pilate still had to make the ultimate decision. The hand-washing thing did not absolve him of responsibility. That's why Jesus said "He who handed me over to you is guilty of the greater sin." (as opposed to Pilate's lesser sin of cooperation.)

Powerman said:

You show a great lack of understanding of the ideas of predestination and free will.

Confident said:
--------------------

forbidden fruit?

do you believe in this story?

isn't contradictory and contrary with this version in the bible:
"children shall not be punished for the sins of their fathers".?!!!

-------------------------------------------------

Adam was punished for his own sin. In fact, the Bible states sevaral times that each man is responsibile for his own sin. Adam introduced sinfulness into the human race. God had created Adam without sin, but with free will to choose between good and bad. Adam chose to sin, and therefore all of his offspring were born into sinfulness - which is evident, because people naturally tend to sin.

The reason Jesus died was to provide a perfect atonement for all of man's sins. Because all men sinned, every man had a penalty to pay. However, Jesus did not sin; therefore, Jesus' death could pay the penalty for man's sins, and God is able to show mercy to all mankind.

In Islam:

Adam was responsible for his sin, and he asked his lord to forgive him and ALLAH accepted his repentance as in QURAN:

[37] "Then learnt Adam from his Lord words of inspiration, and his Lord turned towards him; for He is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful."

[38] We said: "Get ye down all from here: and if, as is sure, there comes to you guidance from Me, whosoever follows My guidance, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve."

----------------------------------

The Bible does not speak to whether Adam repented or not. He may have; he may not have. He did have seveal hundred years to consider it, though.

Islam does not accept the story of salvation and crucfixion as in QURAN:

[157] "That they said (in boast), "We killed Al-Masih 'Isa the son of Maryam, the Messenger of Allah"; but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not."

[158] "Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise."

[159]" And there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him before his death; and on the Day of Judgment he will be a witness against them."

I will believe the eyewitnesses of the crucifixion and resurrection before I will believe Mohammed, who lived 600 years afterwards.

gop_jeff said:
You show a great lack of understanding of the ideas of predestination and free will.

No. You can't have free will if things are predestined. That's very simple. Maybe you can explain to me how you can have both. I believe in the freedom of choice. However I do not believe in predestination. Some things may be inevitable but things are not predestined.

Powerman said:
No. You can't have free will if things are predestined. That's very simple. Maybe you can explain to me how you can have both. I believe in the freedom of choice. However I do not believe in predestination. Some things may be inevitable but things are not predestined.

Think of it this way: There's a football game, we know someone will win, we may even know which team it is. What YOU decide is WHICH TEAM YOU'RE ON.

Forum List

Back