who should pay

republicans want you to believe that all you need to do is cut taxes and fire people and get rid of programs and all will be well.
Really now??? So I guess Democrats want me to believe that all you need to do is raise taxes and hire people and add more programs and all will be well. Either way I agree with neither premise.

But none of them want to do without what they want, protection of all kinds, from fire to police to food safety to the arm forces. They want the kids taught at a high level, and they want the roads cleaned of snow and ice and potholes.

You assume that these things cost tons of money to accomplish efficiently rather than questioning whether or not maybe we aren't doing it properly in the first place. The idea that the more money government pours into something the better it works, is lunacy you wingnut.

They want safe parks and lighted streets.
they want you to lose your job or do it for less because they think your not worth the price.

But when it comes to paying for everything they want you, the people who work for a daily wage to pick up more of the cost so they can lower their cost. They understand that 90% of the average persons income goes to living needs and little of anything is left to be taxed.
They think this is unfair because they make more than you do and have to pay more in taxes.

In common sense land, we can cut government spending almost in half, build up the private sector, strengthen the dollar, and run the federal government on a simple low flat tax rate. We start by closing all oversees military bases in Europe and Asia, save those in Japan and South Korea, ending the War on Drugs, reforming the prison system, scaling back USAID to foreign nations, and cutting social programs by 2% every year for 10 years.

But the truth is people who make more use more, and have a built in advantage that goes to provide them with what is needed to make the govt work that allows them to be all they can and make all they can.

The truth is everything that we have is for the benefit of business to be successful. From Police, to city workers to highway workers to teachers to schools to universities to military complex. A single person gets little good out of all that we provide except a chance at taking care of himself and maybe a family.

We are living above our means as a nation, which creates a bad business environment.

:clap2:

We are living above our means as a nation, which creates a bad business environment.

Unless of course you are a business benefitting from that spending.

How many billions were lost and unaccounted for in Iraq?
Not counting Iraq and Afganistan we pay nearly 1/4 trillion for overseas military bases..

That ball is and has been in the democratic party's court since 2006.

So? It was in the republicans court from 2000-2006.

No one expects the dems to actually cut spending, that is the Republicans mantra.
And they were not in charge when the money was lost in Iraq.

As far as im concerned it's everyones responsibility and there should be a bipartisan effort trying to account for and limit spending in the United States.

Unless of course you are a business benefitting from that spending.

If you're a business benefitting from that spending, then you are corrupt and corrupt businesses are likewise creating a bad business environment.

Why are you living paycheck to paycheck?

There is only ever one reason. Poor spending choices.

or having too many or any children.
Or illness.
Or poor choices in education.
Or your job got shipped overseas and you are too old for anyone else to hire you or you have to work in McDonalds to survive because that is the only job there is.

there is seldom any one reason.

Well, ok. Shit happens. I agree. Look at the traits of successful people vs. those of people who are not, it is usually quit startling. I reject the "victim" mentallity.

That ball is and has been in the democratic party's court since 2006.

So? It was in the republicans court from 2000-2006.

No one expects the dems to actually cut spending, that is the Republicans mantra.
And they were not in charge when the money was lost in Iraq.

As far as im concerned it's everyones responsibility and there should be a bipartisan effort trying to account for and limit spending in the United States.

Ohh I agree but it is like hoping pigs can fly.
We have spent a over decade dividing this country to the point that bipartisanship is nearly impossible.
And the dividing efforts have not abated any. One big reason I am fully against ANY political hate and fear mongering.

Or illness.
Or your job got shipped overseas and you are too old for anyone else to hire you or you have to work in McDonalds to survive because that is the only job there is.

Well, ok. Shit happens. I agree. Look at the traits of successful people vs. those of people who are not, it is usually quit startling. I reject the "victim" mentallity.

Ohh I am for personal responsibility. But we do not hear it from either side. Not really.
Only finger poointing, they are just as bad as we are, they will destroy our country, etc.

Well WE are the THEY, and we are all americans and should be adult and responsible enough to see where our politics is taking us.

Or illness.

Unfortunately we don't live in the same nation we used too. A college degree doesn't guarantee a good job anymore. And a good job doesn't guarantee paid bills anymore either. Once this credit bubble of an economy bursts... it's gonna be hell for just about all of us if we don't turn this ship around. I'm no wild conspiracy theorist or doomsdayer, but gas prices and food prices are going up at the worst possible time in our history, it's getting harder and harder for hard working people to scrape up a living.

Last edited:
Or illness.

Unfortunately we don't live in the same nation we used too. A college degree doesn't guarantee a good job anymore. And a good job doesn't guarantee paid bills anymore either. Once this credit bubble of an economy bursts... it's gonna be hell for just about all of us if we don't turn this ship around. I'm no wild conspiracy theorist or doomsdayer, but gas prices and food prices are going up at the worst possible time in our history, it's getting harder and harder for hard working people to scrape up a living.

True , we have worked ourselves into a corner where the only way we can "grow the economy" is to charge people more for what they already buy.

We have spent a over decade dividing this country to the point that bipartisanship is nearly impossible.
And the dividing efforts have not abated any. One big reason I am fully against ANY political hate and fear mongering.

Then actively fight against your own natural tendencies to go into that. That's all you really can do to fix the rhetoric. You can only change yourself. I can only change myself.

The problem is many of us dont realize how caught up into it we really are. Ill stand with anyone left or right who is willing to actually do something to fix our problems and not slap some band aid on a solution.

I think it's unfortunate that we ever started assuming that a college degree guarenteed a good job. Or that we even have an attitude of good vs bad jobs. It's a complete fallacy that a piece of paper qualifies us for a job. What we really need are skills and a work ethic. The desire to learn is far more important than the degree.

However, we do have inflation problems right now. Which is another reason we need to cut spending and stop "digitizing" our money.

I think it's unfortunate that we ever started assuming that a college degree guarenteed a good job. Or that we even have an attitude of good vs bad jobs. It's a complete fallacy that a piece of paper qualifies us for a job. What we really need are skills and a work ethic. The desire to learn is far more important than the degree.

However, we do have inflation problems right now. Which is another reason we need to cut spending and stop "digitizing" our money.

Ohh but digitized money is what the finiancial industry has been working towards for a couple of decades. Much easiser to cook the books and such.
Just look at the problem "digitizing" mortgages has caused.

What amazes me is the fact politicians in many of the States, particularly the north, and northeast, seem to always harp more money is needed from their own citizenry, yet citizens get nothing for their money.

And gosh, we keep hearing about big bucks in the pockets of those political con-men.

Excuse me, but don't you people ever pay any attention at all to what you are electing to office? Listen. The first indication you are getting screwed is this -- do you have a State Income Tax? If you do, you better check your population figures, all that money you are supplying to political goons and then tell me why Texas, with it's huge population and very effective government doesn't need or have an Income Tax.

The first thing you should do is get rid of the (1) state income tax and, (2) all the politicians who demand it's needed. All a state income tax says is you have major stupid in positions of authority.

Get smart.

You can do this ...

if you can find real men somewhere in your State rather than a bunch of wimps and sissys to get in office.

And do you have to be told not to elect anyone who is Chicago style?????????

Ohh but digitized money is what the finiancial industry has been working towards for a couple of decades. Much easiser to cook the books and such.
Just look at the problem "digitizing" mortgages has caused.

What I meant by digitizing is printing money to pay bills. Digitizing is the new hip word for it.

True , we have worked ourselves into a corner where the only way we can "grow the economy" is to charge people more for what they already buy.

I must respectfully disagree. We can't sustain ourselves telling large parts of the populace it's ok to produce nothing. Reality check. Yes, we have to help those in need, no question. But becoming "in need' for life ain't gonna work.

Believe me, your preaching to the choir. I have no college education but my work history ALONE qualifies me for positions that kids coming out of college couldn't dream of getting and I'm not even of age to get out of college yet. I've worked with the public housing authority and in landscaping since I was 14. I have on the job training certificates out the wazoo, a portfolio with pictures and testimonials from both on the job work and private work I've done on the side. I was an assistant manager and went to about every management training lesson or class I could (more certificates). Right now I'm in the military training as in air traffic control, that's a career field I ultimately want to go into when I get out, but if something were to go wrong with that I could use the GI Bill to get some extra college training under my belt and start my own business. Not tootin my own horn, but hard work still pays people have gotten so wrapped up in this white collar consumer economy. Which is partially why we are in this economic mess, or manufacturing base is GONE.

Then actively fight against your own natural tendencies to go into that. That's all you really can do to fix the rhetoric. You can only change yourself. I can only change myself.

The problem is many of us dont realize how caught up into it we really are. Ill stand with anyone left or right who is willing to actually do something to fix our problems and not slap some band aid on a solution.

Believe me, your preaching to the choir. I have no college education but my work history ALONE qualifies me for positions that kids coming out of college couldn't dream of getting and I'm not even of age to get out of college yet. I've worked with the public housing authority and in landscaping since I was 14. I have on the job training certificates out the wazoo, a portfolio with pictures and testimonials from both on the job work and private work I've done on the side. I was an assistant manager and went to about every management training lesson or class I could (more certificates). Right now I'm in the military training as in air traffic control, that's a career field I ultimately want to go into when I get out, but if something were to go wrong with that I could use the GI Bill to get some extra college training under my belt and start my own business. Not tootin my own horn, but hard work still pays people have gotten so wrapped up in this white collar consumer economy. Which is partially why we are in this economic mess, or manufacturing base is GONE.

I like most of your post, but hey, white collar people work too. I'm a CPA working in software, and I spend 2 - 3 days a week trevelling to get to my clients.

Or, perhaps I missed the meaning of your post.

What amazes me is the fact politicians in many of the States, particularly the north, and northeast, seem to always harp more money is needed from their own citizenry, yet citizens get nothing for their money.

And gosh, we keep hearing about big bucks in the pockets of those political con-men.

Excuse me, but don't you people ever pay any attention at all to what you are electing to office? Listen. The first indication you are getting screwed is this -- do you have a State Income Tax? If you do, you better check your population figures, all that money you are supplying to political goons and then tell me why Texas, with it's huge population and very effective government doesn't need or have an Income Tax.

The first thing you should do is get rid of the (1) state income tax and, (2) all the politicians who demand it's needed. All a state income tax says is you have major stupid in positions of authority.

Get smart.

You can do this ...

if you can find real men somewhere in your State rather than a bunch of wimps and sissys to get in office.

And do you have to be told not to elect anyone who is Chicago style?????????

Yep we need to vote out the crap in our govt.
The fist thing we need to be able to figure out who the crap is though is ungiased news sources, not politically motivated punditry.
If the people are fed the facts not the opinions they can better decide who needs to go and who needs to stay or be voted in.

Forum List

Back