who should pay

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Iowa10000, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Iowa10000

Iowa10000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    republicans want you to believe that all you need to do is cut taxes and fire people and get rid of programs and all will be well.
    But none of them want to do without what they want, protection of all kinds, from fire to police to food safety to the arm forces. They want the kids taught at a high level, and they want the roads cleaned of snow and ice and potholes.
    They want safe parks and lighted streets.
    they want you to lose your job or do it for less because they think your not worth the price.

But when it comes to paying for everything they want you, the people who work for a daily wage to pick up more of the cost so they can lower their cost. They understand that 90% of the average persons income goes to living needs and little of anything is left to be taxed.
    They think this is unfair because they make more than you do and have to pay more in taxes.

But the truth is people who make more use more, and have a built in advantage that goes to provide them with what is needed to make the govt work that allows them to be all they can and make all they can.

The truth is everything that we have is for the benefit of business to be successful. From Police, to city workers to highway workers to teachers to schools to universities to military complex. A single person gets little good out of all that we provide except a chance at taking care of himself and maybe a family.

A company makes money on every person it uses, and everything that person has to have is very important to those companies because without it they wouldn't be workers who are trained and functional.

Now really where are we to get the money needed to run this country and keep everything working if we don't get it from what is best know as income above living needs. You really want to do without what we have now, or is just that you really haven't look at the bottom line, that being that the less that people who do the daily grind have to use/spend the less they will have for incentives to keep the system going, and the less people who will have jobs which is making the wealthy more wea:eusa_eh:lthy every year as they cry all the way to the bank with all their gains.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  2. hortysir

hortysir In Memorial of 47

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,296
    This has got to be the most convoluted OP I've ever seen.
    WTF is "they"?
    How the hell do police and EMS keep 'big business' afloat?

:cuckoo:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    I believe I speak for the majority of Americans when I say everyone but me should pay.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,148
    I love how you seem to think the only way to save money is firing police. Especially considering the Federal Government doesnt have anything to do with police pay.

5. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    OHH but they do. Local police depts get a fair bit of money from the feds. DEA money, grants, etc.

just google:

federal money used for local police departments

Local fire depts get a bit of fed money as well.
    the local court systems, etc.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  6. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    we could freeze and cut public sector benefits and cut elected official's salaries down to the average wage of all americans.

We could close bases in countries such as germany and japan and stop spending our resources to help defend them when they are capable of defending themselves.

We could stop giving so much foreign aid to nations until we pay back our debt.

there are more ways than one to acheive spending cuts so that we can pay back the money we have borrowed and spent already.

We are all going to have to suffer a little to deal with the problem we let our government create for the country.

7. uptownlivin90

uptownlivin90 Rebelious Youngin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    Really now??? So I guess Democrats want me to believe that all you need to do is raise taxes and hire people and add more programs and all will be well. Either way I agree with neither premise.

You assume that these things cost tons of money to accomplish efficiently rather than questioning whether or not maybe we aren't doing it properly in the first place. The idea that the more money government pours into something the better it works, is lunacy you wingnut.

In common sense land, we can cut government spending almost in half, build up the private sector, strengthen the dollar, and run the federal government on a simple low flat tax rate. We start by closing all oversees military bases in Europe and Asia, save those in Japan and South Korea, ending the War on Drugs, reforming the prison system, scaling back USAID to foreign nations, and cutting social programs by 2% every year for 10 years.

We are living above our means as a nation, which creates a bad business environment.

8. Iowa10000

Iowa10000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    we aren't living above our means, we just refuse to pay for the things we have bought or want.
    Truth is the debt is where it is because politicians did not fund what they sold to us out of the taxes that should have been/was collected, but instead took that money and gave it away to those who got them elected and borrowed the money needed to run the country the way it needed to be.

We had pay-go but the republicans did away with it. We had enough money comming in to pay for our programs run by the govt to help the people have what they needed, but once again we gave into the right wing war craze and allow Bush to run two wars without funding, just borrowing.

The people can not do away with living expenses and anyone who thinks that school, police, fire and govt run agencies are not needed just because you don't want to pay for them is nuts. SS and Medicare and welfare are a part of life and saying that only people who can afford it deserve anything is pure right wingnut idiotcy.

The Republicans set up the debt to what it is now, not the Democrats. Where we are is and was a direct inability of the right to run things when they were in control.

Now you want to make believe that somehow it's all the people fault and your side is somehow not to blame and your the only ones who can figure it out, and it's going to take sacrafice from everyone? LOL I saw your sacrafice by passing another unpaid 2.5 trillion debt on top of the last 7 trillion debt for reduced taxation for mainly the very wealthy.

My god people get a backbone and stop being afraid of calling a thief a thief, because that is all republicans are, is thiefs stealing the countrys wealth by saying it's owed to them.

You broke it republicans now you want everyone to help you fix it, but you don;'t think that it's your duty to pay for it, just ours, those who are just surviving from payday to payday.

9. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,415
    Just another rant about the evil corporations using all the services and leaving us nothing but scraps.

Look away before you start drooling....

10. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,415
    Why are you living paycheck to paycheck?