Real campaign finance reform=no campaign donations by anyone for any reason!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BenMarbleMD, Jan 19, 2011.

1. BenMarbleMD

BenMarbleMD BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    The internet is the great equalizer so I say that all someone needs to run an effective campaign is an internet connection and a good internet PR person. If we want to take our country back how about:

NO DONATIONS TO ANYONE BY ANYONE FOR ANY REASON!
    What say ye? :cuckoo:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    That will work about as well as wings on a buffalo.

3. Publius1787

Publius1787 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    I dont think the 1st Amendment of the Constitution would approve of your idea. But how about this. If you are dependant on the government in any way, as a person, organization, or a business, you dont get to vote or contribute campaign donations. Military excluded. I like that one better!

4. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    That would eliminate a minimum of 30% of the vote. More likely 70%.

5. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,527
    I say you've never ran for office before.

6. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    So you want to take away the vote of everyone on Welfare... actually everyone who drives because we are all dependent upon the highway system among other things.

Now really, I have to say that I think your idea is a bad one... really bad.

First off, I believe even those people who are on Welfare have the right to their say in this government and secondly, being unemployed at the moment, I don't see it as being right that I would not have a voice in my own government. Not that it really matters though because if I had my say the incumbents would all be in the unemployment line with me.

Immie

7. BenMarbleMD

BenMarbleMD BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    So you are saying it can't be done? I think I can prove you wrong. But if I prove you wrong then my first action as president will be to write an 'executive order' banning ALL CAMPAIGN DONATIONS BY ANYONE TO ANYONE FOR ANY REASON! $ is NOT needed to run an effective campaign!~

VOTE BEN MARBLE, M.D. - PRESIDENT OF THE USA 2012~

:cuckoo:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  8. Publius1787

Publius1787 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    I lay out a perfect reasonable case here >>> http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...ld-welfare-recipients-be-allowed-to-vote.html

1. A highway is a service that everyone benefits from and is in keeping with the General Welfare.
    2. Welfare is a privilage paid for by others for the specific welfare. Big difference.

No taxation no representation. If you are dependant on government and pay no taxes (Or getting back more in tax credits than you pay in) then what say should you have in where everyone elses money goes? That doesent belong to you! Its bad enough that many must sacrafice their liberty to keep the welfare queens comfortable but to turn around and have that same welfare queen vote her own paycheck out of the taxpayers pocket is no difference than institutionalized theft. Its a conflict of interest. James Madison warned about this corrupting political process at the constitutional convention.
    Furthermore, if you own a business or are the head of a corperation that recieves government bailouts or corperate welfare then what right do you have redistributing that money back in to the pockets of the polititions that bailed you out on the public dime? Thats double institutionalized theft! Your allready taking the liberty of others who are striped of their money in order to save the business so whats so bad about forfiting the right to donate to campaigns? And eye for an eye. A loss of liberty compensated with a loss of liberty. I think it sounds perfect! Of course, there are a couple of particulars that must be worked out.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  9. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,793
    How do you finance a campaign with no donations? Confiscate finance money from taxpayers? Force the media to run free ads? Put people in jail for the crime of supporting a candidate? Only accept donations from left wing supporters like George Soros?

10. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    I love your idea! But I think we should give waivers to everyone who doesn't meet the qualifications. You know, just to be fair.