Zone1 Which is worse, the Jason Aldean song, or your average rap song?

All I see is some "country" crooner making bank on the rubes by wrapping himself in the flag. It's not like it's the first time that's happened.

All I see is some "country" crooner making bank on the rubes by wrapping himself in the flag. It's not like it's the first time that's happened.

Yeah, pretty close to that!
But the background screaming for revenge on both sides has made it especially dangerous.

Note too that most are seeing the Aldean song as revenge against rap.

The worst thing to do is be a part in playing it up the way 2aguy is trying to do. Your whole country is on a hair trigger right now.

It's all good! It's all leading to fulfilling the dreams of pro-gun fanatics to using their guns to bring the results that extremists have only been able to imagine so far.
That posts sounds like a dog whistle to me to round up all your political adversaries and thrown them all in gas chambers.

Do tell.

Let it all out. Feel it as if you're acting righteous in the name of your god as you pull the trigger!

Because you're right. Both sides are right!

What else can I say?
Do feelings matter?
Should Americans have feelings about increasing crime in the country? Should they care? Should they have songs to reflect those feelings?
Naturally, Democrats sing songs about violence and racism because they love it, but that's OK, right?

And just think, they finally have one song, verses the millions of crap rap you enjoy that glorify such behavior.

Yeah, pretty close to that!
But the background screaming for revenge on both sides has made it especially dangerous.

Note too that most are seeing the Aldean song as revenge against rap.

The worst thing to do is be a part in playing it up the way 2aguy is trying to do. Your whole country is on a hair trigger right now.
I hope when we snap we decide to take it out on you Hosers.

Average rap song is worse.

Average rap songs make people dumb because the lyrics don't do anything to stimulate the brain. It's like reading just jumbled words that don't tell a story or say anything. It's like just reading every 4th word in a book.

There are no instruments. Music stimulates the mind, elicits emotions, hearing different instruments adds layers to a song that blend together. But rap music is just computer generated electronic noise. Not all electronic music is so hollow, synthwave stuff still manages to be music.

Average rap is either anger and aggression, or it's just mind numbing and dulling.

Average rap is talentless. No instruments being played, the person singing has absolutely no vocal skill at all and they use computers to alter their voices. Eminem was the last rapper that could be considered a singer. Now rappers are all either yellers or talkers, meaning they just yell their lyrics with no talent or they just stand there and talk their lyrics.

Average rap all sounds the same. At least other genres of music had varied bands, but rap all sounds the same.

I'm not knocking rap because I do like some rap when there were real musicians and real rappers. Beastie boys were the shit. But I also like grand master flash, run DMC, hell even the fat boys were better than today's rappers.

Thank you, Jason Aldean, for triggering millions of lying, losing, whining leftist cultists.

When we correct this Nation, there will be a Grammy for that.

The Left accuses Aldean of using "dogwhistles" to promote violence by eluding to it somehow. LOL.

However, rap music straight up sings about and glorifies violence towards the police and women and pretty much everyone and the Left does not flinch. Then when kids listen to it and want to act out on the lyrics of the rap singers they idolize by engaging in gun violence, the Left blames systemic racism in the country as well as the NRA.

Sick.
"Alluding"

Joe Rogan apparently pointed out the obvious...that rap music, in general, is violent.....while the Jason Aldean song isn't even close to being violent in any way......the violence hinted at in the Aldean song is in the defense of the innocent, while rap music is violence against criminals, women and the innocent....and it is far more direct with it's calls for violence and bragging about violence....

“I’m not saying that’s the greatest song the world has ever known, but the level of outrage coming from people that are upset about that song is so strange when there are hundreds of rap songs out there that are infinitely worse,” Rogan said, albeit admitting he still enjoyed rap songs.

Gad Saad said that some rap songs promote misogyny and glorify violence; Rogan agreed.

“Mhmm, no complaints at all,” Rogan said. “And we’re not even talking about old stuff, there’s new stuff too, there’s hip-hop, there’s wild rock songs, there’s a lot of wild shit.”

Rogan also could not get behind critics of the song calling it racist or pro-lynching.

“The racial aspect of it was crazy, because the real Antifa problems that were happening during the BLM, I think there was a lot of White people doing that wasn’t it? It was a lot of lost liberal Whites who are very angry, who decided to take up this movement and smash things,” he said. “So the racial aspect of it, there’s nothing racial about the lyrics.”

Rap and it’s not close.

Forum List

Back