Where Do You Stand Politically?

Where do you stand politically?

• Staunch conservative/tea party

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Moderate "Ike" conservative

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Independent (love/hate both sides equally)

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Moderate "blue dog" democrat

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Progressive democrat

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Liberal/Green party

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Libertarian

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters
Conservative and Liberal are ideologies. Independent democrat, progressive, green, Libertarian refers to party.Your poll is askew.

Last edited:
I am a realistic Independent Conservative. I loathe both parties pretty much equally. The GOP is vaguely more tolerable - occasionally. I tend study the records, and financials of any candidate I might vote for. If they are an incumbent, and their financial records show an unusually high increase, I won't vote for that person... because no one should be making a bundle out of public 'service'.

Absolutist partisan ideologues are inflicting great damage on this country right now, and I have no idea how that's going to change.

Until there is a mass vote to elect third parties, we are stuck with the left/right paradigm.

Absolutist partisan ideologues are inflicting great damage on this country right now, and I have no idea how that's going to change.

If work hard to keep more money in your pocket to support your own is ideology, color me partisan.

Well... This is a good place as any for a first post.

I think that trying to place oneself inside of a pre-programmed class of ideology is exactly what is screwing up the United States. If I had to take one I guess I would have to say Independent, however this "Independent (love/hate both sides equally)" is misleading from my own stance. For me "both sides" suggests that there is only two viable sides. With seven options available in the poll I'm now wondering where those other five fit into the other two major categories. Which I assume is Liberal and Conservative.

Republican, Democrat, Liberal, Conservative, Independent, Male, Female, Transgender ... Whatever. I don't care who or what it is... A good idea is a good idea. A bad one is bad. I don't care who has it.

I think if someone defines themselves as a Republican, Democrat, Liberal, or Conservative then there is a good chance that I believe that someone is a fuck'n hypocritical idiot. If you want to be a cheerleader for a certain organization pick up a sports team. Just like in politics you'll be loved by some, ridiculed by others, and flat out ignorantly insulted... Only... You won't be screwing up the country while supporting it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back