What is your favorite story from the Bible?

By the grace of God, yes. Written words only supplement God's omnipotence.

Not by the grace of any gods or demons or spirits, but by reason alone. And you need to start spreading around some credit where it is due. You and many others arrive at good morality thanks to the secular ideas of classical liberalism and scientific enlightenment. That's why your morality is generaly better than Chriatians from 30p years ago, despite deferring to the same religiois text. It's clear to see. I am glad you don't abandon it and instead make your religion fit it.
Hitler;s PhDs would agree with you.

Idiotic response on your part. Hitler did not adhere to either of those ideas I mentioned. He did not observe civil rights, and he was a believer of pseudoscience
The point I got was that christians today are much more civilized than they were 200 or even 1200 years ago

Indiana is a devout atheist. No point in trying to reason with a true believer.
I’m a devout atheist too!

Idiotic response on your part. Hitler did not adhere to either of those ideas I mentioned. He did not observe civil rights, and he was a believer of pseudoscience
The point I got was that christians today are much more civilized than they were 200 or even 1200 years ago

He actually agreed with me.

Now, back to your error: I have no faith. Care to admit your error?

Of course you do, your faith is in your imagined superiority of NO BELIEFS. That in itself is a faith. An actual atheist would not argue the point of course. But then you might have to confront the questions you cannot answer; where did matter originate? What existed before the "Big Bang"? Explain an infinite universe.
No infinite universes. This universe is most likely one bubble in a sea of infinite universes like a lava lamp. Each universe has a shelf life of 25 billion years give or take.

If not what is beyond our universe? What’s outside our universe?

Funny you can accept that a god is outside of our universe because you wouldn’t dare put god in a box but you can’t imagine other universes are between the dark matter.

There’s things we don’t know. What do you think that proves? The fact you claim to know things like how we got here is arrogant and ignorant.

Not a "story" in my beliefs, but a way to live:

John 7:53-8:11

Then each of them went home,

8 while Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2 Early in the morning he came again to the temple. All the people came to him and he sat down and began to teach them. 3 The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery; and making her stand before all of them, 4 they said to him, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the very act of committing adultery. 5 Now in the law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They said this to test him, so that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let anyone among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 And once again he bent down and wrote on the ground. 9 When they heard it, they went away, one by one, beginning with the elders; and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. 10 Jesus straightened up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” 11 She said, “No one, sir.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you. Go your way, and from now on do not sin again.”

But clearly a person can arrive at that morality without the magical nonsense and without religious dogma. In fact, I assert that YOU arrived at that morality via other means, and you have merely found passages in the Bible to bolster it.

Not by the grace of any gods or demons or spirits, but by reason alone. And you need to start spreading around some credit where it is due. You and many others arrive at good morality thanks to the secular ideas of classical liberalism and scientific enlightenment. That's why your morality is generaly better than Chriatians from 30p years ago, despite deferring to the same religiois text. It's clear to see. I am glad you don't abandon it and instead make your religion fit it.

All of your ad hominems aside, Hitler's PhDs were rationalists.

So basically you can't back up properly anything you say. Which means that you live in a fantasy world where you can make up anything.
The same goes for anyone who can't go back in time.
What seems to really bother you is that the verses actually bring up a fact that you didn't know that could prove just as much about the Earth's age as your precious scientists.
The bible has yet to prove ANYTHING of religious substance.
Who's trying to prove anything religious?
Religions are organized...yuch!
The bible has yet to prove ANY of the big things it claims.
So do meteorologist...they seem to suck at anything outside of a 24 hour window.
As for the Temple, there's plenty being found in those digs.

My next issue is how the most literate group of people on Earth were fooled into believing all this nonsense.
So you agree that the bible can't prove anything. Good for you. So only the Torah is provable? Or nothing is provable and you live in a fantasy world?

He actually agreed with me.

Now, back to your error: I have no faith. Care to admit your error?

Of course you do, your faith is in your imagined superiority of NO BELIEFS. That in itself is a faith. An actual atheist would not argue the point of course. But then you might have to confront the questions you cannot answer; where did matter originate? What existed before the "Big Bang"? Explain an infinite universe.
No infinite universes. This universe is most likely one bubble in a sea of infinite universes like a lava lamp. Each universe has a shelf life of 25 billion years give or take.

If not what is beyond our universe? What’s outside our universe?

Funny you can accept that a god is outside of our universe because you wouldn’t dare put god in a box but you can’t imagine other universes are between the dark matter.

There’s things we don’t know. What do you think that proves? The fact you claim to know things like how we got here is arrogant and ignorant.

Thank you for your response.

The same goes for anyone who can't go back in time.
What seems to really bother you is that the verses actually bring up a fact that you didn't know that could prove just as much about the Earth's age as your precious scientists.
So do meteorologist...they seem to suck at anything outside of a 24 hour window.

My next issue is how the most literate group of people on Earth were fooled into believing all this nonsense.
So you agree that the bible can't prove anything. Good for you. So only the Torah is provable? Or nothing is provable and you live in a fantasy world?
Please tell me how this discussion started.
You stated the Bible is a bunch of fairy tales.
In asked you to prove your statement starting from Genesis 1:1.
After several days and tons of your ad hominems I'm still waiting.

We've also been talking about the Flood and how there is zero geological proof of any such flood. As well, there's zero proof that some invisible person said "let there be light". Need more?

Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman: 'Yea, hath God said: Ye shall not eat of any tree of the garden?'

There. Proof of a fairy tale, unless you believe that serpents can talk, but then that would be proof that you are out of your mind.

But clearly a person can arrive at that morality without the magical nonsense and without religious dogma. In fact, I assert that YOU arrived at that morality via other means, and you have merely found passages in the Bible to bolster it.

Irrelevant. We are all "rationalists", else you wouldnt be able to even function in the world. Your example was stupid, I pointed out why, just move on.

That's for the infinite God to figure out when the time comes.

Who is why I have no use for the God of the Bible. The Old Testament version wasn't too bad but the New Testamentvone is a pussy.

Ugh, what a disgusting sentiment on your part. The Old Testament god is a vile, evil creature.
Prove it.

To you? You are a magical thinker who STARTS from a first premise of a benevolent sky wizard. You did not adopt this premise via reason, so I have no delusions that I would ever move you off of it via reason.

I could literally quote the Bible repeatedly showing what a vile, evil creature this imaginary god was...and you would equivocate yourself into a little pretzel not to show otherwise, but only to dismiss all of the material as "metaphor" and "allegory". Which, to a rational person, would be a strong hint that he is sifting through a steaming pile of bullshit. But not you...

People like you like to pretend there is no cost to adopting this magical bullshit. (Pascal's Wager). Well, here is one coat, for the whole world to see: Your suspension of you rational faculties to protect magical bullshit. Now, it's not hard to imagine the dark places to which such a suspension of your faculties could lead ...just turn on the news...

We've also been talking about the Flood and how there is zero geological proof of any such flood. As well, there's zero proof that some invisible person said "let there be light". Need more?
Which is not the same as proving it's a fairy tale.
It's much more likely a fairy tale that the Founding Fathers were angelic human beings.

Irrelevant. We are all "rationalists", else you wouldnt be able to even function in the world. Your example was stupid, I pointed out why, just move on.
You are a moron...everything Hitler did was legal.
The number of rationalized atrocities committed by atheists is far greater than any other group.

Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman: 'Yea, hath God said: Ye shall not eat of any tree of the garden?'

There. Proof of a fairy tale, unless you believe that serpents can talk, but then that would be proof that you are out of your mind.
You believe God created existence yet you cannot accept that the world existed on a higher plane of existence prior to the trespass than after the trespass.
God cursed the Earth and the Nachash and Adam and Eve and you scoff.

You are a moron...everything Hitler did was legal.
The number of rationalized atrocities committed by atheists is far greater than any other group.

"You are a moron...everything Hitler did was legal."

So what? We are not discussing what is legal, but rather what is moral, of from whence this morality is derived. Hitler was not an example of someone adhering to classical liberalism or scientific enlightenment to guide his morality. That's a fact.

Unlike you, who does adhere to both ideas, to a great degree. Yes, the fact that you fit in in our civilized society is a direct result of you obtaining morality from secular ideas like classical liberalism and scientific enlightenment. The fact that you also carry around a bronze age text of magical bullshit is merely coincidence; this is evidenced by our general advances in morality and humanism, despite the bronze aged fairy tale book remaining relatively unchanged throughout this process.. Your mental health, as tenuous as it is, may derive from your devotion to that magical bullshit, but your morality, for the most part, does not.

Which is not the same as proving it's a fairy tale.
It's much more likely a fairy tale that the Founding Fathers were angelic human beings.
Well, if it never happened, then it's a fairy tale. What don't you get?

You believe God created existence yet you cannot accept that the world existed on a higher plane of existence prior to the trespass than after the trespass.
God threw Adam and Eve out of Eden because they had sex, instead of Adam staying in Eden with god. Now how gay it that?

God threw Adam and Eve out of Eden because they had sex, instead of Adam staying in Eden with god. Now how gay it that?
Thanks for proving once again you've never read the Bible...moron.
Do you ever tire of embarrassing yourself?

God told Adam not to bang the girl. When he did, god threw them out of Eden. That's pretty fucking gay. :lmao:

God told Adam not to bang the girl. When he did, god threw them out of Eden. That's pretty fucking gay. :lmao:
What are you talking about?
Is that the Bible by Woody Allen?

Forum List

Back