What is your favorite story from the Bible?

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

My fave story is the flood, because nobody can tell me how Noah got kangaroos from Australia and back again.

My real fave story though would have been the one about the aliens, but someone edited it out.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

I like that one ... take responsibility for your actions.

bc_shotgunwedding_MrWright.jpg

My fave story is the flood, because nobody can tell me how Noah got kangaroos from Australia and back again.
Idiotic choice, then.
Why? It stumps all of Christianity. Bar none.
Because stories without resolution are dumb choices. Who gravitates toward such meaninglessness? Besides you, I mean.

And it doesn't stump all Christianity, bar none. It stumps fundamentalist/evangelical Christianity, and even then, not entirely.

When the donkey made a prophet look like a moron.
The resurrection was a good one too. Of course, that was a good one all the other times it happened to the divine. Why cant we have a recent one? Our ancestors had all the fun :/

Idiotic choice, then.
Because stories without resolution are dumb choices. Who gravitates toward such meaninglessness? Besides you, I mean.

And it doesn't stump all Christianity, bar none. It stumps fundamentalist/evangelical Christianity, and even then, not entirely.
It sure stumps you, doesn't it? Otherwise, please explain it. And which denomination can explain it? What's their explanation?

My real fave story though would have been the one about the aliens, but someone edited it out.
Then this is not a choice at all.
But that story is in the original bible manuscripts, that some noob further down the line took it out matters little.
It is not a part of the Bible. It is not a choice.
The bible was edited by men more than several times, so it should be there and is still my second fave story.

Idiotic choice, then.

It sure stumps you, doesn't it? Otherwise, please explain it. And which denomination can explain it? What's their explanation?
No, it doesn't stump me. Earth - 'ge' - referred to the land; earth - 'kosmos' - to the world, or better, to everything the Hebrews knew. Their cosmology.

When Daniel says in chapter two of his book, for example, that certain kingdoms ruled the earth, or would rule it (Babylonian, Medo-Persian, Greek, Roman, whatever), he obviously didn't mean the whole world, as no kingdom ever has (no 'earthly' kingdom).

Sadly, many Christians read the Scriptures like a textbook.

But that story is in the original bible manuscripts, that some noob further down the line took it out matters little.
The bible was edited by men more than several times, so it should be there and is still my second fave story.
You are the who determines what should be in the Bible.

And nobody told me?

I have to say my favorite is a toss up between The Book of Ezekiel and Revelations.

Well those are books, not really stories.....
My favorite is the story of Joseph (son of Jacob aka Joseph's coat of many colors)
Want to know what a real man is, it's Joseph (although he was a tad full of himself)

Idiotic choice, then.

No, it doesn't stump me. Earth - 'ge' - referred to the land; earth - 'kosmos' - to the world, or better, to everything the Hebrews knew. Their cosmology.

When Daniel says in chapter two of his book, for example, that certain kingdoms ruled the earth, or would rule it (Babylonian, Medo-Persian, Greek, Roman, whatever), he obviously didn't mean the whole world, as no kingdom ever has (no 'earthly' kingdom).

Sadly, many Christians read the Scriptures like a textbook.
First of all, you're off topic, so why are you responding?

Secondly, you have to move the goalposts for the bible to make any sense to you. Hmmm.

You are the who determines what should be in the Bible.

And nobody told me?
So why does the guy who took that story out of the bible get to decide what's in it or not?

Forum List

Back