What is the first thing you think of when you look at this?

ram you head back up your ass.

The civil war was caused by slavery.

The only people who deny this fact are the cons who cant deal with reailty and retain their failed ideas and beleive in facts

Nope the left does not try and rewrite history.

No this is about truth and history and not about bashing anyone.

Now will any one of you tell us how the civil war woudl have happened if salvery was not being precticed in the US?

Then explain it to me willow.

How does the civil war happened in the US without slavery?

Tell us all why you believe the civil war was not about slavery?

Well, since the OP asked. . . .

I was born and raised in the South and I was rarely exposed to racism or people who were unkind to people of other races and I was never exposed to anybody who condoned slavery. . . .so. . . .

To me that Confederate flag has always represented a time in U.S. history, a certain independent spirit, and a tragic war in which many wrongs were done on both sides and in which much nobility was demonstrated on both sides.

More recently it conjures up some of the images some of you have raised: great southern cooking unrivaled anywhere, Nascar, independence, states rights, and respect for historical context. I still do not think racism or racists or slavery when I see that flag.

And finally, since I've been participating in threads like this, I associate the flag with intolerance and misunderstanding and historical ignorance from those who will not allow anybody to appreciate it in any context other than the most negative (racism, slavery etc.)

. . . .since you asked. . . .

Mullet wearing pick up driving bud light drinking red necks who talk funny.

Mullet-1.jpg

Last edited:
I think many here would benefit from reading an honest history of the Civil War and why it was fought and the results that it produced. Here is a pretty good concise history for anybody who is willing to look past the politically correct and/or leftwing indoctrination on this:

A Jeffersonian View of the Civil War

Nope the left does not try and rewrite history.

No this is about truth and history and not about bashing anyone.

Now will any one of you tell us how the civil war woudl have happened if salvery was not being precticed in the US?

How about a little "truth and history" when you look at this one:

naflag08.jpg

What's the "true story" behind that one?

(Here's a hint......it has nothing to do with "left or right" but everything to do with Americans).

Is there a way out of this one that doesn't make you look like a complete hypocrite?

I was born and raised in the South and I was rarely exposed to racism or people who were unkind to people of other races and I was never exposed to anybody who condoned slavery. . . .so. . . .

To me that Confederate flag has always represented a time in U.S. history, a certain independent spirit, and a tragic war in which many wrongs were done on both sides and in which much nobility was demonstrated on both sides.

More recently it conjures up some of the images some of you have raised: great southern cooking unrivaled anywhere, Nascar, independence, states rights, and respect for historical context. I still do not think racism or racists or slavery when I see that flag.

And finally, since I've been participating in threads like this, I associate the flag with intolerance and misunderstanding and historical ignorance from those who will not allow anybody to appreciate it in any context other than the most negative (racism, slavery etc.)

When I was stationed in Meridian MS for "A" school, I went out to a bar with a black friend of mine called "L.A." (it's where he was from), and because we were still only 6 months in, we had to wear our uniforms. Well, walking into a bar called "Pott's Place", I walked in first, and then the doorman told L.A. that he couldn't come in because he was black. I argued with the idiot about 5 minutes about us being service men, but because L.A. was black, we were unable to get in.

I was also stationed in Millington TN for 4 years, and lived 7 miles north of the base in a place called Tipton County. And yes, all the neighbors that I had up there were racist pricks. Matter of fact, there weren't ANY black people that I met in Tipton County.

Was also stationed in Jacksonville FL, and saw many racist bullshit things done by the civvies there as well.

Nope, sorry, but the south is a very racist area of this country.

When I was stationed in Meridian MS for "A" school, I went out to a bar with a black friend of mine called "L.A." (it's where he was from), and because we were still only 6 months in, we had to wear our uniforms. Well, walking into a bar called "Pott's Place", I walked in first, and then the doorman told L.A. that he couldn't come in because he was black. I argued with the idiot about 5 minutes about us being service men, but because L.A. was black, we were unable to get in.

I was also stationed in Millington TN for 4 years, and lived 7 miles north of the base in a place called Tipton County. And yes, all the neighbors that I had up there were racist pricks. Matter of fact, there weren't ANY black people that I met in Tipton County.

Was also stationed in Jacksonville FL, and saw many racist bullshit things done by the civvies there as well.

Maybe in the company you kept. Not in the company I kept. The worst incidents of racism, bigotry, and homophobia I have ever witnessed were north of the Mason Dixon line.

I went through "A" school in Millington in late 1969.

Sometimes we'd head down to Southhaven, Mississippi to drink. I remember seeing signs on some of the establishments that said "No *******, No Sailors".

Yes, the south is a very racist area of this country. But then again, how would you feel if you fought a war to prove you were better than slaves and lost?

I went through "A" school in Millington in late 1969.

Sometimes we'd head down to Southhaven, Mississippi to drink. I remember seeing signs on some of the establishments that said "No *******, No Sailors".

Yes, the south is a very racist area of this country. But then again, how would you feel if you fought a war to prove you were better than slaves and lost?
Never thought of it that way but it makes perfect sense.

I'm from the south, Miami, FL.

EVERYONE I know from the south is NOT racist. Then again, I subscribe to the "new south" IE the big cities like Atlanta, Houston, Miami, etc. where minorities like me flourish and there's tolerance. But the people I've met from the country aint racist either, just "traditional"

All the white dudes I know down there aint racist also just real laid back, humble, cool folk.

Forum List

Back