As IQ scores decline in the US, experts blame the rise of tech— how stupid is your state?

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

IQ scores in the US are on the wane for the first time ever — and experts are saying that technology is to blame.

A report from 2023 revealed the depressing reality — that the average intelligence test score fell from 100 to 98, a dismal, two point decline after a previously uninterrupted 30 point rise that began in 1905.

Test-takers are quizzed on matters of logic, spatial reasoning, visual and mathematical problem-solving and vocabulary. Scores have only been tracked since the beginning of the 20th century.

Now, experts theorize that the problem dates back to the millennium, when Americans began relying more heavily on tech in their daily lives — a reliance that has only grown.

“I do suspect that increased technology use could be playing a role in impacting our nation’s overall literacy levels,” Dr. Stefan Dombrowski, a psychology professor at Rider University, told the Daily Mail.

“It is well known that people who read and write more, generally score higher on IQ tests — of course, this is a chicken/egg scenario,” he explained.

“Do these individuals engage in reading and writing activities more frequently because they are brighter, or do they become brighter…on IQ tests because they read more?”

By state:

Virginia is coming in at 11th (101.2) and tied with five other states.....I'll take it. ;)

The movie Idiocracy was not supposed to be a factual prediction. :eusa_wall:

Intelligent people don't want to have children meanwhile we allow low IQ people to flood into our country from third world shitholes and the first thing we do is give them a smartphone.

Add to that we have supported lazy (and low IQ) people for generations that choose not to work with SNAP and EBT encouraging them to have more children.

Last edited:

IQ scores in the US are on the wane for the first time ever — and experts are saying that technology is to blame.

A report from 2023 revealed the depressing reality — that the average intelligence test score fell from 100 to 98, a dismal, two point decline after a previously uninterrupted 30 point rise that began in 1905.

Test-takers are quizzed on matters of logic, spatial reasoning, visual and mathematical problem-solving and vocabulary. Scores have only been tracked since the beginning of the 20th century.

Now, experts theorize that the problem dates back to the millennium, when Americans began relying more heavily on tech in their daily lives — a reliance that has only grown.

“I do suspect that increased technology use could be playing a role in impacting our nation’s overall literacy levels,” Dr. Stefan Dombrowski, a psychology professor at Rider University, told the Daily Mail.

“It is well known that people who read and write more, generally score higher on IQ tests — of course, this is a chicken/egg scenario,” he explained.

“Do these individuals engage in reading and writing activities more frequently because they are brighter, or do they become brighter…on IQ tests because they read more?”

By state:

Virginia is coming in at 11th (101.2) and tied with five other states.....I'll take it. ;)

Intelligent people don't want to have children meanwhile we allow low IQ people to flood into our country from third world shitholes and the first thing we do is give them a smartphone.

Add to that we have supported lazy (and low IQ) people for generations that choose not to work with SNAP and EBT encouraging them to have more children.
I remembered when I was in the Army you could get any job if your GT score was above 120.

If it's 100 you could get into Military Intelligence.

One seldom sees a phenomenon that is so easily explained.

People with relatively low IQ's are reproducing faster than people with higher IQ's.

And the trend will continue as Biden has imported tens of millions of third world wretches whose average IQ would be lower still.

Nothing to worry about, though, half the people in the world have below-average IQ's.

By state:

Let's not overlook a shift in demographics...

Some time back I posted a somewhat prophetic thread on precisely the issue of average IQ, and it's inseparable link to the fate of those people's governance...

I like how NY and CA came in....98.4 and 97.1 respectively......I guess that explains how they try to one-up each other on leftist policies. :laughing0301:
I remember when I took the entrance exam to get into Junior College in CA back in the late 70s, they had Hispanics applying that couldn't spell their names.

Last edited:

People with relatively low IQ's are reproducing faster than people with higher IQ's.

And the trend will continue as Biden has imported tens of millions of third world wretches whose average IQ would be lower still.

Nothing to worry about, though, half the people in the world have below-average IQ's.
It's the movie Idiocracy in real-time .. Before long you'll be able to get a latte at Starbucks, a hamburger at Butt Fuckers, an extra big ass fry at Carl's Junior, and be directed to water your plants with Brando .. because it has electrolytes.

Why don't the "intelligent" people just have more children, instead of less children than previous year trends?

Are they too self consumed? What's causing family size to shrink in this group, do you think? I'm not certain?

I think the article sheds light on some of the reasons, like certain technology allows us to be mentally lazy, more or less?

Forum List

Back