What is the difference??

Are American Muslim women oppressed if they choose to wear a hajib?

Heck if I know.........?? ...... :dunno:

f78ce3aa36736d845b1fc2e50498ebd7.jpg

the one over there on the right ------is likely to pull a knife out of her rags and stick it
into some little old lady--------the one on the left gives out tiny pocket sized
bibles ----usually around Christmas time (which do not explode)

So you're as "knowledgeable" about Catholicism as you are about Islam. Not surprising.

I am knowledgeable about nuns sitting on benches and holding their beads and bibles and muslim ladies----now and then INSPIRED BY A HOT KHUTBAH
JUMAAT

For a woman to cover or not cover is an personal choice in the majority of muslim countries. ........ :cool:

No it's not. Even western journalist women are advised to wear the hijabs when working in a Muslim country. For a female Muslim, there is no such thing as "personal choice" ...that is a concept not granted to women. The very best case scenario, it is their husband's choice, but this doesn't apply to the hijab and respecting the traditions of the religion. This is why fundamentalist radicals are unacceptable.

For a woman to cover or not cover is an personal choice in the majority of muslim countries. ........ :cool:

No it's not. Even western journalist women are advised to wear the hijabs when working in a Muslim country. For a female Muslim, there is no such thing as "personal choice" ...that is a concept not granted to women. The very best case scenario, it is their husband's choice, but this doesn't apply to the hijab and respecting the traditions of the religion. This is why fundamentalist radicals are unacceptable.

It actually depends on the country - that is not true in every Muslim country.

It actually depends on the country - that is not true in every Muslim country.

right----but if a woman LOOKS like a muslim in a muslim country ---she is less likely to be raped

That depends on whether or not they do it because they want to, or because they're forced to. There are no governments where Christian men are empiwered to attack and kill women for discarding the habit...and in fact the habit represents a.woman's VOLUNTARY rejection of the world and commitment to Christ. The other is part of a.repressive dress code that is imposed.upon women regardless of their desire, and enforced via beating and death by any man who feels the.woman is violating the code...placing the women at the.mercy of any male.

I know that is too obvious for you to grasp, but I feel compelled to demonstrate the.glaring difference in case someone less stupid than yourself is.paying attention.

In how many muslim countries would the uncovered woman receive a beating?

That doesn't alter the fact that for many women it's a choice, just depends on where they are.

yes------depends----and actually------I DON'T GIVE A DAMN

Neither do I, it's their choice and we're a free country. We even allow horizontally challanged people to wear spandex.

That depends on whether or not they do it because they want to, or because they're forced to. There are no governments where Christian men are empiwered to attack and kill women for discarding the habit...and in fact the habit represents a.woman's VOLUNTARY rejection of the world and commitment to Christ. The other is part of a.repressive dress code that is imposed.upon women regardless of their desire, and enforced via beating and death by any man who feels the.woman is violating the code...placing the women at the.mercy of any male.

I know that is too obvious for you to grasp, but I feel compelled to demonstrate the.glaring difference in case someone less stupid than yourself is.paying attention.

For many Muslim women in America, wearing the hijab is EXACTLY that, a voluntary commitment to her religion. You can't just assume they are all oppressed. That's stupid.

That doesn't alter the fact that for many women it's a choice, just depends on where they are.

yes------depends----and actually------I DON'T GIVE A DAMN

Neither do I, it's their choice and we're a free country. We even allow horizontally challanged people to wear spandex.

vertically compromised people can find little to compensate-----high heeled shoes
HURT

It shows the difference the OP didn't see.

Actually....it shows nothing of the kind. It's shows the false assumptions that are glaring in this thread.

It shows the difference the OP didn't see.

Actually....it shows nothing of the kind. It's shows the false assumptions that are glaring in this thread.

I did not notice any false assumptions in this thread

For many Muslim women in America, wearing the hijab is EXACTLY that, a voluntary commitment to her religion. You can't just assume they are all oppressed. That's stupid.

there is no way to know what goes on ------behind the front door of any home

I didn't say they were all oppressed, idiot. I said the hijab is a.worldwide symbol of oppression and violence against women. The habit isn't. Can you pull up multiple current stories where women are attacked.for putting the habit aside? No, you can't. Because it doesn't happen. Just as women are not forced.to wear the habit. Which is the difference. Moron.

Forum List

Back