What is the difference??

For a woman to cover or not cover is an personal choice in the majority of muslim countries. ........ :cool:

In how many muslim countries would the uncovered woman receive a beating?

That doesn't alter the fact that for many women it's a choice, just depends on where they are.

It shows the difference the OP didn't see.

Actually....it shows nothing of the kind. It's shows the false assumptions that are glaring in this thread.

The OP said he couldn't see a difference. I think the beatings is an important difference, don't you?

Muslim women in many countries certainly have a choice. It's a myth to think Muslim women have no choice.

You're pulling a bait and switch here. You should be showing something from the Islamic faith, an edict or command, something from the Koran, to illustrate how this is a choice of Muslim women. In absence of that (because it doesn't exist) you attempt to use non-Islamic government to pretend they have a choice. In America, they have the choice... they don't even have to be Muslims. That doesn't have a damn thing to do with the Islamic faith, that's westernized government with individual Constitutional freedom. It also represents the primary beef of radical Islam. In their view, NOTHING is ever a woman's choice.

Moving the goal posts? The OP did not include all those restrictions you are now adding.

For additional information on which countries require a hajib and which leave it up to the woman's choice: Hijab by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I didn't add any restrictions. The things that various countries may or may not allow or demand, has nothing to do with the tenets of Islam. You've qualified the statement by saying "MUSLIM women" ...that's the restriction YOU put on the statement, not me. American women are free... they can do whatever the hell they want. But Muslim is a religious faith, they have a religious tenet and their followers are expected to adhere to it, especially the extreme fundamentalists.

So you can either present some fucking evidence that Islam grants it's women the right of choice, or you can dance around on the head of a pin trying to bait and switch like you're doing here. All I can do is sit back and point out what you're doing so others can see for themselves.

Heck if I know.........?? ...... :dunno:

f78ce3aa36736d845b1fc2e50498ebd7.jpg

the one over there on the right ------is likely to pull a knife out of her rags and stick it
into some little old lady--------the one on the left gives out tiny pocket sized
bibles ----usually around Christmas time (which do not explode)

So you're as "knowledgeable" about Catholicism as you are about Islam. Not surprising.

I am knowledgeable about nuns sitting on benches and holding their beads and bibles...

Ah, the phony nuns at airports. Well, that's informative.

Are American Muslim women oppressed if they choose to wear a hajib?
That depends on whether or not they do it because they want to, or because they're forced to. There are no governments where Christian men are empiwered to attack and kill women for discarding the habit...and in fact the habit represents a.woman's VOLUNTARY rejection of the world and commitment to Christ. The other is part of a.repressive dress code that is imposed.upon women regardless of their desire, and enforced via beating and death by any man who feels the.woman is violating the code...placing the women at the.mercy of any male.

I know that is too obvious for you to grasp, but I feel compelled to demonstrate the.glaring difference in case someone less stupid than yourself is.paying attention.

For many Muslim women in America, wearing the hijab is EXACTLY that, a voluntary commitment to her religion. You can't just assume they are all oppressed. That's stupid.
I didn't say they were all oppressed, idiot. I said the hijab is a.worldwide symbol of oppression and violence against women. The habit isn't. Can you pull up multiple current stories where women are attacked.for putting the habit aside? No, you can't. Because it doesn't happen. Just as women are not forced.to wear the habit. Which is the difference. Moron.

Your statement: "their desire, and enforced via beating and death by any man who feels the.woman is violating the code...placing the women at the.mercy of any male."

You certainly made no distinctions.

The hajib is a world wide symbol of Islam that's been around for a long time. It's not even required by Islam. Whether it's a symbol of "oppression" depends on WHO you ask and WHERE you are. Are Orthodox Jews "oppressed" because they choose to cover their hair? I'm sure there are family and societal pressures to do so, and domestic abuse is not unknown in that community. If you're assigning it the label of "symbol of oppression" you are removing from women the element of choice just as clearly as those who force it on women.

That depends on whether or not they do it because they want to, or because they're forced to. There are no governments where Christian men are empiwered to attack and kill women for discarding the habit...and in fact the habit represents a.woman's VOLUNTARY rejection of the world and commitment to Christ. The other is part of a.repressive dress code that is imposed.upon women regardless of their desire, and enforced via beating and death by any man who feels the.woman is violating the code...placing the women at the.mercy of any male.

I know that is too obvious for you to grasp, but I feel compelled to demonstrate the.glaring difference in case someone less stupid than yourself is.paying attention.

For many Muslim women in America, wearing the hijab is EXACTLY that, a voluntary commitment to her religion. You can't just assume they are all oppressed. That's stupid.
I didn't say they were all oppressed, idiot. I said the hijab is a.worldwide symbol of oppression and violence against women. The habit isn't. Can you pull up multiple current stories where women are attacked.for putting the habit aside? No, you can't. Because it doesn't happen. Just as women are not forced.to wear the habit. Which is the difference. Moron.

Your statement: "their desire, and enforced via beating and death by any man who feels the.woman is violating the code...placing the women at the.mercy of any male."

The hajib is a world wide symbol of Islam that's been around for a long time. It's not even required by Islam. Whether it's a symbol of "oppression" depends on WHO you ask and WHERE you are. Are Orthodox Jews "oppressed" because they choose to cover their hair? I'm sure there are family and societal pressures to do so, and domestic abuse is not unknown in that community. If you're assigning it the label of "symbol of oppression" you are removing from women the element of choice just as clearly as those who force it on women.
Yeah in other words, per usual, you're blathering nonsenically, making shit up.and pretending it's true.

Yeah in other words, per usual, you're blathering nonsenically, making shit up.and pretending it's true.

Did you burp or something?

The Christian woman is a member of an order of nuns. The muslim woman is just a woman

Forum List

Back