Mother of "gorilla kid" dismisses matter as mere "accident".

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
It appears both mother and child are black though the controlled media is making it tough to find out.

Mom of 4-Year-Old Who Climbed into Zoo Pen Defends Herself from Backlash After Zookeepers Killed Gorilla

The mother of the 4-year-old boy who slipped into the gorilla enclosure at the Cincinnati Zoo on Saturday – which led to the animal being shot dead – has hit back against online critics who are criticizing her parenting.

Michelle Gregg defended herself in a now-deleted Facebook post, writing: "God protected my child until the authorities were able to get to him. My son is safe and was able to walk away with a concussion and a few scrapes... no broken bones or internal injuries."

Gregg continued, "As a society we are quick to judge how a parent could take their eyes off of their child and if anyone knows me I keep a tight watch on my kids. Accidents happen..."

7WryBKv.jpg

It appears both mother and child are black though the controlled media is making it tough to find out.

Mom of 4-Year-Old Who Climbed into Zoo Pen Defends Herself from Backlash After Zookeepers Killed Gorilla

The mother of the 4-year-old boy who slipped into the gorilla enclosure at the Cincinnati Zoo on Saturday – which led to the animal being shot dead – has hit back against online critics who are criticizing her parenting.

Michelle Gregg defended herself in a now-deleted Facebook post, writing: "God protected my child until the authorities were able to get to him. My son is safe and was able to walk away with a concussion and a few scrapes... no broken bones or internal injuries."

Gregg continued, "As a society we are quick to judge how a parent could take their eyes off of their child and if anyone knows me I keep a tight watch on my kids. Accidents happen..."

7WryBKv.jpg
I dunno...he looks pretty white to me

7WryBKv.jpg

I can tell by the moms voice she is Black.

Childten have fallen into gorilla cages before. In every case a gorilla protected the child. That is what it looks like here. That gorilla was killed for nothing.

Childten have fallen into gorilla cages before. In every case a gorilla protected the child. That is what it looks like here. That gorilla was killed for nothing.
He could have hurt the child. Its obvious he was not aggressive but his sheer size and strength could have caused injury to the child. I think if the kid had of been unconscious he would not have dragged him like he was doing.

Last edited:

7WryBKv.jpg
Before a Black child ever fell in lots of white ones did.

Gorilla Killing At Cincinnati Zoo Evokes Memories Of Jambo And Binti Jua Who Saved Two Children's Lives

30611A1B00000578-3406830-image-a-32_1453296022878.jpg

574c02181600002a00f94c67.jpeg

Last edited:

7WryBKv.jpg

I can tell by the moms voice she is Black.

Yeah, she doesnt speak well at all.

Regardless of whether the mother was black, white, brown, yellow, or green, the only thing of importance is that the child is safe, the zoo implements additional safeguards, so that negligent parents don't let this to happen again and that she is sued the cost of one gorilla (many thousands I would imagine).

7WryBKv.jpg

Yes, he's white.

He could have hurt the child. Its obvious he was not aggressive but his sheer size and strength could have caused injury to the child. I think if the kid had of been unconscious he would not have dragged him like he was doing.

Just watched the film on the news, kind of looked aggressive to me, I would have killed him

Everyone screaming at him, yes, he dragged the brat away from the humans yelling. If all those above would have stfu and stayed calm themselves, the animal would have done the same. Most do. Just like dogs, animals pick up emotions and energies. The vid that I saw was the ape trying to protect what fell in to HIS home turf and the animals ABOVE yelling were the threat...so he grabbed the kid and dragged it to another place maybe more safe. Like, as if. They are put on display so there IS no safe place.

Idiot mom should not have children in her care. Obviously she has no clue what she is doing. And the world is one less gorilla due to humans being human.

Seems someone didn't bother to do a little research of their own instead of jumping to conclusions.

Michelle Gregg
"Michelle Gregg is a preschool administrator......"

No win situation. I think they did have to shoot this gorilla, it was just too big and could have harmed or killed the child without even trying. I would guess it was in fact protecting the child but no one knows. I'd say the real problem is the zoos that don't have fool proof ways for people not falling into enclosures. Is this brain surgery? Why does this keep happening? There was a zoo where a Tiger jump out of its enclosure and killed a man and injured two others. Note to all zoos, when you build an enclosure you don't build it to the very minimum that an animal can escape from. If it can jump 10 feet max, you build a 20 foot high wall. No problems, no questions, and you don't have to worry about the .01 % idiots that walk by the exhibit and do some dumbass thing which humans do all the time.

What is it with the human race and always doing the bare minimum?

Male gorillas, especially silverbacks, will sometimes kill the male offspring of others. Female gorillas are prone to protect, but not so much the males. I am glad the kid is safe and sorry for the loss of the gorilla. I think I would have made the same decision. The zoo handlers know their animals better than I do, so I don't doubt their decision.

Forum List

Back