Muslim Woman Denied by Citadel

DoggieDaddy

May 27, 2016
A Muslim woman who applied for and had been accepted into The Citadel, The Military Academy of South Carolina. However, her wearing of the traditional Muslim Hijab did not meet the criteria of everyday Military Dress Code, which she insisted, was part of her Religious Practice.
I, myself go along with the Citadel as they are expected to conform to the Dress Code that each Cadet be Groomed, Dress accordingly ( Uniform of the day ) and the wearing of any Religious Emblems such as Crucifix etc. underneath the uniform and out of plain sight.
I agree, there should not be allowed to Turbins, Hijab etc. it just looks like another place to hide explosives as I do not trust Muslim/Arab S.O.Bs.
She is currently bringing a Law Suit against the academy while applying to another school for admittance. What a croc!

The Citadel isn't your run of the mill generic liberal college. Maybe the Muslem woman wasn't aware that it was a Military Institute. She can be forgiven for her error and no harm done.

The Citadel isn't your run of the mill generic liberal college. Maybe the Muslem woman wasn't aware that it was a Military Institute. She can be forgiven for her error and no harm done.

Military Units are expected to work, school and form-up as a Unit!
There no place for individual standouts! I doubt she wasn't aware of the type of institution she was applying to...for many years women have been trying for admittance to the Service Academies which finally took place. However the women had to conform much in the same way the men do;
short hair ( 3-inches above the collar ) no visible tattoos!
Who knows, maybe they'll their own individual Mosque to be built on campus. I say, No way!

This is a big story here in Charleston where The Citadel is.

A Muslim woman was not denied. She was accepted and welcomed to enroll. She was told she'd be treated NO DIFFERENT than anyone else at the school.

Meaning....she'd be expected to follow the rules all cadets of all races and religions must follow. And HAVE followed since The Citadel was founded over 200 years ago.

Libs will be all over this story crying tears of discrimination. Oddly....because what The Citadel did was the exact opposite of discrimination.

I wonder what a white Christian from Nebraska....would encounter if she tried to enroll in a Saudi college and keep her culture??

I was a long-haired, bell bottom-wearing 70's punk when I enlisted. Looking back now, I should have just told my MTI that I didn't want to cut my hair or dress like everyone else. And sleep in late for that matter.

I'm sure he would have been very understanding.

141030-F-WM123-001.JPG

I was a long-haired, bell bottom-wearing 70's punk when I enlisted. Looking back now, I should have just told my MTI that I didn't want to cut my hair or dress like everyone else. And sleep in late for that matter.

I'm sure he would have been very understanding.

141030-F-WM123-001.JPG
And to think I was denied my own private quarters with private facilities.

The nerve.

Forum List

Back