Great job CBS: starts Billy Joel concert late -- then cuts it off in the middle of Piano Man

CrazyTrader55

Mar 28, 2024
Eastern U.S.
LOL - great job by Corporate America! What the heck do these guys get paid for?
Concert apparently was started 1/2 hour late too.
This was a huge concert that they heavily promoted, and they cut it off during Billy's signature song....for the news. :aargh:

This was a huge concert that they heavily promoted, and they cut it off during Billy's signature song....for the news. :aargh:

Whoever did it needs to be fired. Most likely will be promoted. Watched parts of it. Classy production.

They are famous for such dumb shit. As was pointed above the Heide game and then these are the same people that gave Jethro Tull the first ever Grammy for Best Heavy Metal band.

CBS should have cued to Billy Joel as to what the time was, so he wouldn't go over the time slot allotted for his performance.

Although maybe they did and he ignored the producers?

Regardless, an event like the Masters Golf Tournament has an uncertain end time, because the weather is uncontrollable (in spite of liberal propaganda to the contrary). They should have had it arranged with Joel's people in advance.

I'd take Billy Joel over golf any day.

Also: I thought NBC had a monopoly on golf and figure skating.

They are famous for such dumb shit. As was pointed above the Heide game and then these are the same people that gave Jethro Tull the first ever Grammy for Best Heavy Metal band.
accept-it.gif

CBS should have cued to Billy Joel as to what the time was, so he wouldn't go over the time slot allotted for his performance.

Although maybe they did and he ignored the producers?

Regardless, an event like the Masters Golf Tournament has an uncertain end time, because the weather is uncontrollable (in spite of liberal propaganda to the contrary). They should have had it arranged with Joel's people in advance.
It was recorded previously

It was recorded previously

I didn't realize that.

But that gives CBS even less excuse. Video editors could have gone to work snipping out less "important" songs once they knew how much time they had, so that the Joel telecast would include his most popular song.

I apologize if wrong but several dummies going on like this was live. It was recorded 2-3 weeks ago
NowCBS surely could have fast edited it before air time or just delayed the news. Nothing that Billy Joel group could do about it

I didn't realize that.

But that gives CBS even less excuse. Video editors could have gone to work snipping out less "important" songs once they knew how much time they had, so that the Joel telecast would include his most popular song.
That’s correct
A number here jumped on it like it was live which is simply Once Again lib loons flying off on a tangent and opining that The Man Done Bad Again when they Once Again Dont know what they are talking about
Trump, law, finances, 1/6, Covid, you name it-They got no knowledge nor experience nor correctness but boy they got wishes and feelings presented as fact.

60 minutes was late because of the stupid golf game

I read that. Love to see CBS being blasted.

The thing to remember is that Mr. Joel was given a special for however long it did go for. I still feel bad for Chris Janson not long after he was invited to become a member of the Grand Ole Opry in 2018. This was at the end of the Academy Of Country Music awards that year. I love the song that he was singing. :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. I am not the person who uploaded this clip of the performance.

Forum List

Back