What is a man?

By your own admission you are 40 years old and have "no authority". Has it occurred to you that your own attitude might be what is holding you back in the current diverse reality that is America today?

Without a doubt. Then again some of us never really had a desire to "advance ourselves" in the first place, being more than happy to simply accept what life is and go with it.

This nation is cobbled together out of diversity. There are people here from every nation on the planet. For some of them their ancestors came here thousands of years ago, for some it was a century or two, for many it was only decades and some are arriving on a daily basis.

This nation was created by people who left those "diverse nations" and came to the United States for what this country was supposed to be. My great-grandparents came here from Germany/Poland in 1900. I guarantee you they would not do the same if they were alive today. They would likely have looked to emmigrate to Russia instead.

The "greatest nation on earth" did not arise from a rigid "patriarchal society". It came about because people from all parts of the earth came together and formed a new and different society. One that rewarded innovation and progress. A society that wasn't afraid to challenge the old "patriarchal society" and find a new and different way of doing things.[/quyote]

The Greatest Nation on Earth died more than half a century ago. Long before the "advancements" away from patriarchy.

Personally I embrace change because one of the lessons of history is that which is rigid and unchanging stagnates and dies. I look forward to learning new things and seeing things change. Certainly there are some things which should be preserved but if you look at the natural world it is in a state of constant change. The forest that you see today is not the same one you saw last year. Some trees have died and others have taken their place. Streams have altered course, habitats are different, the wildlife mix has altered.

Better to DIE than to CHANGE.

By your own admission you are 40 years old and have "no authority". Has it occurred to you that your own attitude might be what is holding you back in the current diverse reality that is America today?

Without a doubt. Then again some of us never really had a desire to "advance ourselves" in the first place, being more than happy to simply accept what life is and go with it.

This nation is cobbled together out of diversity. There are people here from every nation on the planet. For some of them their ancestors came here thousands of years ago, for some it was a century or two, for many it was only decades and some are arriving on a daily basis.

This nation was created by people who left those "diverse nations" and came to the United States for what this country was supposed to be. My great-grandparents came here from Germany/Poland in 1900. I guarantee you they would not do the same if they were alive today. They would likely have looked to emmigrate to Russia instead.

The "greatest nation on earth" did not arise from a rigid "patriarchal society". It came about because people from all parts of the earth came together and formed a new and different society. One that rewarded innovation and progress. A society that wasn't afraid to challenge the old "patriarchal society" and find a new and different way of doing things.[/quyote]

The Greatest Nation on Earth died more than half a century ago. Long before the "advancements" away from patriarchy.

Personally I embrace change because one of the lessons of history is that which is rigid and unchanging stagnates and dies. I look forward to learning new things and seeing things change. Certainly there are some things which should be preserved but if you look at the natural world it is in a state of constant change. The forest that you see today is not the same one you saw last year. Some trees have died and others have taken their place. Streams have altered course, habitats are different, the wildlife mix has altered.

Better to DIE than to CHANGE.

How ironic. Here you are communicating using all of the "advancements" of the last half century. Your personal computer originated as concept of the birth son of a Syrian immigrant who was raised by his adoptive mother who was an Armenian American.

Steve Jobs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jobs's birth parents met at the University of Wisconsin, where his Syrian-born biological father, Abdulfattah "John" Jandali (Arabic: عبدالفتاح جندلي*),[34][35][36][37][38] was a student, and later taught, and where his biological mother, Swiss-American Joanne Carole Schieble, was also a student. Jandali, who was teaching in Wisconsin when Jobs was born, said he had no choice but to put the baby up for adoption because his girlfriend's family objected to their relationship.[39]

Jobs was born in San Francisco, California on February 24, 1955.[40][41] He was adopted at birth by Paul Reinhold Jobs (1922–1993) and Clara Jobs (née Hagopian) (1924–1986), an Armenian American.[42][43]

The greatest nation on earth never died before you were born. It is still very much alive and transforming itself once again. Real men adapt to change in my opinion.

The greatest nation on earth never died before you were born. It is still very much alive and transforming itself once again. Real men adapt to change in my opinion.

If it has to transform itself, then it wasn't the Greatest Nation in the World to begin with. Technology can be used for good or evil. Unfortunately all too often in the last century it has been used for inappropriate purposes rather than for what it should be used for.

Real Men don't need to change because they understand Right and Wrong to begin with, which do not EVER change.

[Citation needed]

Several thousand years of Western History. That's the best you're going to get. I do not and never have seen a need to defend my position to anyone else.

Historical examples of patriarchy are not evidence of human's 'design' to fill sex roles. That's just an argument to preserve the status quo and nothing else.

Last edited:
Historical examples of patriarchy are not evidence of human's 'design' to fill sex roles. That's just an argument to preserve the status quo and nothing else.

If you are more than 12 years old and you cannot see the distinct and significant physical, mental, and emotional differences between Men and women, then it's pretty likely that I'm not going to be able to explain them to you. If you're more than 20 years old and you cannot comprehend the roles that Men and women were intended by nature to fill, then I think you need to take your high school diploma and use it to smack your teachers in the head.

If it has to transform itself, then it wasn't the Greatest Nation in the World to begin with. Technology can be used for good or evil. Unfortunately all too often in the last century it has been used for inappropriate purposes rather than for what it should be used for.

Real Men don't need to change because they understand Right and Wrong to begin with, which do not EVER change.

When this nation was founded slavery was Right and now it is Wrong. In fact slavery was Right for the 90% of your last 1,500 years. Is it your position that slavery is Right? Because if it isn't then you have to backtrack on your allegation that "Right and Wrong...do not EVER change".

If you are more than 12 years old and you cannot see the distinct and significant physical, mental, and emotional differences between Men and women, then it's pretty likely that I'm not going to be able to explain them to you. If you're more than 20 years old and you cannot comprehend the roles that Men and women were intended by nature to fill, then I think you need to take your high school diploma and use it to smack your teachers in the head.

Sexual reproduction, I get it. You still have not provided any evidence of WHY women should be subservient to men other "than that's way things have been".

When this nation was founded slavery was Right and now it is Wrong. In fact slavery was Right for the 90% of your last 1,500 years. Is it your position that slavery is Right? Because if it isn't then you have to backtrack on your allegation that "Right and Wrong...do not EVER change".

I have no issue with slavery. I wouldn't base it on racial criteria, but I have no issue with the concept/institution in general. Then again I don't believe in RIGHTS, but rather in PRIVILEGES.

Sexual reproduction, I get it. You still have not provided any evidence of WHY women should be subservient to men other "than that's way things have been".

It's by no means just "reproductive issues". It's the whole slew of differences between Men and women, as shown by the fact that in many physical jobs, the criteria for women have to be reduced in order for them to qualify.

Men and women were designed for different roles in life. Physically, mentally, and emotionally. Men were designed to be the leaders, the warriors, the hunters and protectors. Women were designed to support the Men by doing the "domestic" work, raising the children and the like. I don't think it takes a wall full of PHD's to figure that out.

I have no issue with slavery. I wouldn't base it on racial criteria, but I have no issue with the concept/institution in general. Then again I don't believe in RIGHTS, but rather in PRIVILEGES.

This is not about racism or rights.

You made the following unequivocal statement about Right and Wrong being unchanging;

Anathema said:

Slavery is either Right or it is Wrong.

Which is it?

It's by no means just "reproductive issues". It's the whole slew of differences between Men and women, as shown by the fact that in many physical jobs, the criteria for women have to be reduced in order for them to qualify.

Men and women were designed for different roles in life. Physically, mentally, and emotionally. Men were designed to be the leaders, the warriors, the hunters and protectors. Women were designed to support the Men by doing the "domestic" work, raising the children and the like. I don't think it takes a wall full of PHD's to figure that out.

If these roles are so 'natural' then why not allow individuals the autonomy to determine their roles independently?

Nonsense! Take a look at nature. Female predators do just as much hunting as the males while still managing to raise their young. The roles you assign to females are societal as opposed to natural. Yes, there are physical differences between males and females in nature too. In some instance the females are bigger and stronger than the males. When it comes to seahorses it is the males that become pregnant and carry the young. Today's society shows that both men and women are capable of doing the same jobs.

So your premise doesn't hold up under scrutiny.

You made the following unequivocal statement about Right and Wrong being unchanging;

Anathema said:

Slavery is either Right or it is Wrong. Which is it?

Right. Always has been.

The other information was simply there to provide additional insight into my views on the topic.

Anathema said:

Slavery is either Right or it is Wrong. Which is it?

Right. Always has been.

The other information was simply there to provide additional insight into my views on the topic.

So you are now on the record as saying that slavery was and still is "Right".

In other words you absolutely support Boko Haran selling those 200 young girls into slavery?

Nonsense! Take a look at nature. Female predators do just as much hunting as the males while still managing to raise their young. The roles you assign to females are societal as opposed to natural. Yes, there are physical differences between males and females in nature too. In some instance the females are bigger and stronger than the males. When it comes to seahorses it is the males that become pregnant and carry the young. Today's society shows that both men and women are capable of doing the same jobs.

I was under the impression (apparently mistaken) that we were talking about Human Beings, not Jaguars or Seahorses or anything of that nature.

Obviously there will always be genetic anomolies that go against the general rules of nature. What someone is CAPABLE of doing and what they SHOULD do are not always even remotely the same. THAT is what we've lost so much sight of in recent years.

So you are now on the record as saying that slavery was and still is "Right".

YES.

In other words you absolutely support Boko Haran selling those 200 young girls into slavery?

Do, I support it, No. Am I concerned about it, absolutely not. It's none of my business, so I honestly couldn't care any less about it. I concern myself with me, my fiance, our families, friends, community and country. That's it. Nothing beyond that.

I was under the impression (apparently mistaken) that we were talking about Human Beings, not Jaguars or Seahorses or anything of that nature.
You invoked nature when you used the term "natural".
Obviously there will always be genetic anomolies that go against the general rules of nature. What someone is CAPABLE of doing and what they SHOULD do are not always even remotely the same. THAT is what we've lost so much sight of in recent years.

Who gets to decide "what they SHOULD do"?

What is the punishment if "they" don't do what they "should"?

When you impose your arbitrary gender roles there is going to need to be some way to enforce them given that both men and women have far greater freedom than your arbitrary gender roles would allow. So please expound on how you intend to deprive your fellow Americans of their rights and freedoms?

When you gotta ask that question, society is in trouble. In the olden times being a "man" was about duty, honor and Country and other things like responsibility. Modern pop-culture science would tend to judge a "man" by his sexuality. Responsibility in pop-culture jargon translates to finding the best technicians to kill the unborn life in a woman who thought she found a "man".

Who sets the criteria for honorable behavior? What constitutes honorable behavior?

Forum List

Back