What happened to the VA?

Which is why the US of A ranks 37th in the world in terms of health care and 45K Americans die unnecessarily while many more go bankrupt.

:thup: working like the GOP intended..alrighty.

Because the government as exemplified by the VA, would make those stats so much better because they could put people on waiting lists, and let them die, then shred the waiting list, and thus everyone magically got the health care they needed.

Maybe if the GOP stopped blocking funding and shutting down the government while focusing on repealing Obamacare and partisan investigations..we might get better outcomes..

But?

Arizona Transplant Patients Die After State Cuts Medical Insurance - ABC News

Actually the body count was 3 Americans killed by Jan Brewer and her cuts.

Where was the outrage?

Funding isn't the issue. Poor management is.

Which is why the US of A ranks 37th in the world in terms of health care and 45K Americans die unnecessarily while many more go bankrupt.

Because the government as exemplified by the VA, would make those stats so much better because they could put people on waiting lists, and let them die, then shred the waiting list, and thus everyone magically got the health care they needed.

Maybe if the GOP stopped blocking funding and shutting down the government while focusing on repealing Obamacare and partisan investigations..we might get better outcomes..

But?

Where was the outrage?

I am not outraged about this, I am mocking all the idiots, like you, that think the government can provide health care. Feel free to provide all the examples you want to back up my argument that the government fucking sucks at everything.

I already posted this, but not one person came to the defense of the government in that thread. Maybe you feel like doing it here.

Many have noted, including our own John Fund, that the VA scandal poses an acute threat to the Obama administration because of how much its problems resemble the criticisms of Obamacare itself. But let’s imagine there was no Obamacare. Let’s imagine that Obama had actually followed through on his occasional promises to focus on the economy and jobs first and foremost and didn’t blunder into the huge wasteful distraction that is the Affordable Care Act.
The lessons of the VA would still be a problem for Obama and for liberals generally.
Why? Because the Democratic party simply is the party of government. It is the party that insists on the nobility, efficacy and intellectual superiority of government. The VA is at the intersection of all the things liberals insist are wise and good and just about government. It is government-run healthcare. It is the tangible fulfillment of a sacred obligation the government has with those who’ve sacrificed most for our nation. It is also the one institution and/or constituency that enjoys huge bipartisan support. The VA, rhetorically and politically, is more sacrosanct and less controversial than Medicare, Social Security, road building, the NIH, or public schools. We are constantly told that we could get so many wonderful, super-fantastic things done if only both sides would lay down their ideological blah blah blah blah and work together for yada yada yada. Well, welcome to the VA. How’s that working out for you?
The White House keeps saying these horrible cases of deception and wrongdoing are “isolated incidents” and not “systemic.” As I asked last night on Special Report, how many isolated incidents do you need before they become systemic? Right now, allegations have surfaced in 19 states. That feels systemic to me. But what do I know?
The VA and the Limits of Liberalism | National Review Online

Last edited:
Sallow making politics out of death. Also, notable is his attempt to deflect to Jan Brewer and a completely unrelated case. Those medicaid recipients were not vets. This is about Federal incompetence.

Try to stay on topic, mister.

Let him bring up all the examples of government incompetence he wants, it just reinforces my point that the government can't do anything right.

But?

Where was the outrage?

Sure you will, Dumbass. That magic math really works. There is such a thing as a free lunch.

From your article:

The reductions in Arizona's safety net for the poor have drawn criticism from physicians as well as transplant recipients. Both groups have particularly attacked the practice of denying services to sick patients who had qualified for transplants before Arizona, with federal approval, changed its law. They warn that Arizona's actions may be a harbinger for the rest of the country as needs continue to outpace budgets.

Forum List

Back