What do liberals want the US to be?

“Justice is the first virtue of social institutions, as truth is of systems of thought. A theory however elegant and economical must be rejected or revised if it is untrue; likewise laws and institutions no matter how efficient and well-arranged must be reformed or abolished if they are unjust.”
John Rawls, A Theory of Justice

That Google is sure a hard thing to master. Why you have to be able to type a coherent query. Is that above what you can do there 007?

this is a serious question, please only reply with serious comments.

what specifically do liberals want the US to become?
Tell us exactly what you want changed, and why.
Seriously?

Liberals want a country that provides a level playing field for all people regardless of race, sex, sexuality or social class
Liberals want to help those who need helping

everyone wants to help those who need help. Where in the USA today is the playing field not level? Do you want more affrimative action that penalizes the majorities?

I asked for specifics, you provided generalizations. What exactly do you want?
OK...let's look at where the playing field is not level
We have a wealthy class who get a disproportional say in how legislation is crafted and who it helps. Specific legislation includes tax structure, deductions, labor laws
Affirmative action was an immensely successful liberal program that helped all people. Yes, it did level the playing field

A place where even people without exceptional skills can still achieve the "American Dream".

I want us to be a Nation above all Nations, in Justice, in wealth, in equal opportunity, and in the quality of life itself...for everyone.

I want to be represented without having to have a million dollars to bribe my representatives.

I don't want a police state, I don't want Banks running the Nation, we the people should be running the Nation, I don't want to enter in to a war, unless the country has tried to attack us first etc....

I don't want people running the Nation that believe the rich are too poor, and the poor are too rich.

Rich people don't create jobs, Jobs create rich people.

Seriously?

Liberals want a country that provides a level playing field for all people regardless of race, sex, sexuality or social class

everyone wants to help those who need help. Where in the USA today is the playing field not level? Do you want more affrimative action that penalizes the majorities?

We have a wealthy class who get a disproportional say in how legislation is crafted and who it helps. Specific legislation includes tax structure, deductions, labor laws
Affirmative action was an immensely successful liberal program that helped all people. Yes, it did level the playing field

Did it help the people who got passed over due to adding points to the people who got in due to it?

Liberals want to be the Mean Girls of United States High.

I would replace the world liberal with progressive statist. Today's liberals are not liberals in the classical sense.

Progressive statists want a supreme federal government, where people are totally dependent on the state, and thus the state is an inseparable part of their lives. On the social front, they want everyone to either agree with them, or be ostracized and eliminated from society, or at least to just shut up in public.
No liberal wants a country where everyone is totally dependent on the state

Stop making shit up

progressive statists sure as hell do, and they are part of the modern "liberal" pantheon.
More bullshit on your part. You make up a position for liberals and then attack your phony position

The state has a role in any society. Most functions in our lives are best filled at the individual level but many are more efficiently performed by the state

I would replace the world liberal with progressive statist. Today's liberals are not liberals in the classical sense.

Progressive statists want a supreme federal government, where people are totally dependent on the state, and thus the state is an inseparable part of their lives. On the social front, they want everyone to either agree with them, or be ostracized and eliminated from society, or at least to just shut up in public.
No liberal wants a country where everyone is totally dependent on the state

Stop making shit up

progressive statists sure as hell do, and they are part of the modern "liberal" pantheon.
More bullshit on your part. You make up a position for liberals and then attack your phony position

The state has a role in any society. Most functions in our lives are best filled at the individual level but many are more efficiently performed by the state

So tramping over people's rights is a matter of efficiency?

Seig Heil, herr gruppenfuhrer.

Specific legislation includes tax structure, deductions, labor laws

Lets be even more specific. This most recent budget fiasco has Citigroup lobbying hard for bailout from the taxpayer IF the banks fuck up again playing with derivatives. And Republicans defended this provision to the fullest extent possible. Basically threatening the entire government IF this provision wasn't left in the funding bill.

Hows that for unjust?

Seriously?

affirmative action punished people because of their race, sex, or who their parents were. How is that "fair"?

You do realize that most of the hated "wealthy class" are democrats and liberals don't you?

Liberal hypocrisy is rampant in hollywood, the media, and corporate america.

Seriously?

Did it help the people who got passed over due to adding points to the people who got in due to it?

It helped those who were never given an opportunity to fill management or Complex jobs. In a society where blacks were only allowed menial jobs and women were only allowed subservient jobs, affirmative action was necessary
Affirmative action worked

Define the difference between 'social order' and 'social justice.'

Social order refers to all the various institutions, customs and practices that tend to regulate how we behave. These are often preserved simply because they exist and do not necessarily serve to protect the rights of all individuals.
So American traditions are nothing more than bigoted customs existing, "simply because."

Social justice refers to a moral concept that operates from the assumption that all people were created equal and so deserve the same rights.
Does not it state in the 'Declaration of Independence" that "all men are created equal?"

Why would liberals have a problem that?

Specific legislation includes tax structure, deductions, labor laws

Lets be even more specific. This most recent budget fiasco has Citigroup lobbying hard for bailout from the taxpayer IF the banks fuck up again playing with derivatives. And Republicans defended this provision to the fullest extent possible. Basically threatening the entire government IF this provision wasn't left in the funding bill.

Hows that for unjust?

Hmmmm, so no dems voted for that bill? how many republicans voted for ACA?

Seriously?

affirmative action punished people because of their race, sex, or who their parents were. How is that "fair"?

You do realize that most of the hated "wealthy class" are democrats and liberals don't you?

The difference is that wealthy liberals are willing to pass laws that force them to pay more
Wealthy conservatives pass laws that take away programs for the poor

I want us to be a Nation above all Nations, in Justice, in wealth, in equal opportunity, and in the quality of life itself...for everyone.

I want to be represented without having to have a million dollars to bribe my representatives.

I don't want a police state, I don't want Banks running the Nation, we the people should be running the Nation, I don't want to enter in to a war, unless the country has tried to attack us first etc....

I don't want people running the Nation that believe the rich are too poor, and the poor are too rich.

"I want to buy the world a coke and live in harmony" "Imagine all the people..........."

you live in a fantasy world.

Seriously?

It helped those who were never given an opportunity to fill management or Complex jobs. In a society where blacks were only allowed menial jobs and women were only allowed subservient jobs, affirmative action was necessary
Why should one race be given special consideration to fill an opportunity over another even though they're LESS QUALIFIED?

Are you saying blacks are too STUPID to compete on a level playing field?

How in the FUCK did obama ever become president?

Seriously?

But you said it helped all people. Did it help the people passed up to make room for the people aided by the program?

This isn't about the need for AA, it is about the people passed up for spots be it at a college or a promotion. Were they helped by AA?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

Seriously?

The difference is that wealthy liberals are willing to pass laws that force them to pay more
Wealthy conservatives pass laws that take away programs for the poor

thats simply not true. half of americans pay no federal income tax. the top 5% pay 60% of the tax bill.

"I want to buy the world a coke and live in harmony" "Imagine all the people..........."

you live in a fantasy world.
What do you want our Nation to be?

Forum List

Back