What do liberals want the US to be?

this is a serious question, please only reply with serious comments.

what specifically do liberals want the US to become?
Tell us exactly what you want changed, and why.

My take is that the hardcore left is after a solid social democracy, perhaps a step or two to the left of modern-day France.

They do reference Sweden quite a bit, which indeed would be quite a change.

It would help if people could learn at least enough of the basics of political science to realize liberalism is an ideology with certain tenets rather than just describing a person. This Manichaean insistence that people are divided into just two political groups is part of the problem instead of part of the solution.

People can call themselves "liberal" all they want, but unless they are operating from the standpoint of advancing liberal values, they are just left wing fundamentalists.

The shortest answer I can give here , though, is that liberalism places greater value on social justice than social order. The "conserve" in conservatism refers to the preservation of social order over social justice.

It would help if people could learn at least enough of the basics of political science to realize liberalism is an ideology with certain tenets rather than just describing a person. This Manichaean insistence that people are divided into just two political groups is part of the problem instead of part of the solution.

People can call themselves "liberal" all they want, but unless they are operating from the standpoint of advancing liberal values, they are just left wing fundamentalists.

The shortest answer I can give here , though, is that liberalism places greater value on social justice than social order. The "conserve" in conservatism refers to the preservation of social order over social justice.

OK, now you need to define "social justice". Who decides what is "socially just" ?

Seriously?

Liberals want a country that provides a level playing field for all people regardless of race, sex, sexuality or social class
Liberals want to help those who need helping

I would replace the world liberal with progressive statist. Today's liberals are not liberals in the classical sense.

Progressive statists want a supreme federal government, where people are totally dependent on the state, and thus the state is an inseparable part of their lives. On the social front, they want everyone to either agree with them, or be ostracized and eliminated from society, or at least to just shut up in public.

I would replace the world liberal with progressive statist. Today's liberals are not liberals in the classical sense.

Progressive statists want a supreme federal government, where people are totally dependent on the state, and thus the state is an inseparable part of their lives. On the social front, they want everyone to either agree with them, or be ostracized and eliminated from society, or at least to just shut up in public.
You just pretty much described China, or North Korea.

Why don't they move there then?

Define the difference between 'social order' and 'social justice.'

No liberal wants a country where everyone is totally dependent on the state

Stop making shit up

Seriously?

Liberals want a country that provides a level playing field for all people regardless of race, sex, sexuality or social class
Liberals want to help those who need helping

everyone wants to help those who need help. Where in the USA today is the playing field not level? Do you want more affrimative action that penalizes the majorities?

I asked for specifics, you provided generalizations. What exactly do you want?

Stop making shit up
And that is a bald faced lie.

Stop lying.

Stop making shit up

how about "controlled' by the state?

My take is that the hardcore left is after a solid social democracy, perhaps a step or two to the left of modern-day France.

They do reference Sweden quite a bit, which indeed would be quite a change.

The left would like this country to be a combination of Sweden,Norway and France....
And then go left from there.

Stop making shit up

progressive statists sure as hell do, and they are part of the modern "liberal" pantheon.

Define the difference between 'social order' and 'social justice.'

Social order refers to all the various institutions, customs and practices that tend to regulate how we behave. These are often preserved simply because they exist and do not necessarily serve to protect the rights of all individuals.

Social justice refers to a moral concept that operates from the assumption that all people were created equal and so deserve the same rights.

New Topics

Forum List

Back