West Antarctic Ice Sheet (WAIS) Could Disintegrate Within Decades

I'm still waiting for him to show us how atmospheric CO2 generates that heat...maybe cold CO2 fusion?

Frank, as you're the only one here declaring that CO2 generates heat, you're the one responsible for explaining such an idiot theory. I won't try to figure out where you got such a stupid idea, being that risks sanity. When you gaze into the stupid, the stupid gazes back into you.

Now, the non-morons know that the heat comes from the sun. Remember that big shiny thing? I know you're dumb, but try to put some limit on it.

Sooooo, you're telling us that 120PPM of CO2 generates at least 73E15kJ/year.

Earth's total heat gain is now around 8E18 kJ/year, so there's plenty left over after melting the Antarctic ice.

Hard data, Frank. It backs us up. That's why we never have to troll and evade, and it's why all any denier here is capable of is trolling and evasions.
Are you walking back your energy audit? Already? Wow.

You thought you were so clever too

Poor hairball..

Yep, Pisschugger here really is that delusional. He's actually claiming that, a few decades ago, volcanic activity around Antarctica suddenly increased more than a thousand-fold, without manifesting any sign of that thousand-fold increase except more land ice melt. Wow. That's even dumber than his smart photon theory.

..is it that you are to stupid

Pisschugger, a theory about space aliens melting Antarctic ice would literally be less stupid than your latest hallucination here.

Now, run along, as your masters have more propaganda ready to trickle down your eager throat.
Nothing says defeat like that post

Must be warm seawater melting the grounding line further and further back.

Do you even know what a grounding line is? You keep saying it, but I see no evidence you understand what it is or why it is important.

The point at which the ice sheet detaches from the continental surface (headed out). This is the point to which seawater has intruded and where it continues to intrude due to the isostatic depression of the continental surface. Good enough for you Admiral?

You still have not explained why that matters. Ice that floats will never raise sea level by a millimeter.

You think you're going to find steam at the bottom of the Antarctic ice sheet? Every day and in every way, you display your ignorance over and over and over again.

I am certain some amount of ice is being melted by geothermal heat somewhere. But the WAIS is being destabilized by ocean water warmed by AGW.
so you don't think ice hitting magma will steam? hmmmmmmm

I guess he is unfamiliar with the term "sublimation".

Really? You think ice over a thousand feet down will SUBLIMATE? Is that really what you want to say?

You have no idea what sublimation means or you would not say something stupid like that.

That you insist on calling Mamooth a woman as an insult should get you banned for blatant misogyny.

She is a woman...are you unable to read that in her language?...particularly in the sort of insult she hurls? Women think of, and view the process of insulting someone quite differently than men. Clumsy language is typical in angry unintelligent women...they are trying to project an image and don't let use of the language get in the way of that image...Smart women on the other hand can deliver an insult to you and sometimes you won't even know that you have been insulted for days...my wife is a master of it.....the hairball is not a smart woman. She is stupid, angry, and intimidated by anyone who disagrees with her...she lacks anything like a normal level of self esteem...

Or she is one of the most effeminate men I have ever spoken to. I doubt it though...even effeminate men don't trip over images trying to deliver an insult...a good insult rolls off the tongue....it doesn't come out like a sand covered, spike encrusted loogie...

ViewUnderWAIS_LabelsB.Ekwurzel_MapsNASA.png

What? Me worry?

Climate Model Predicts West Antarctic Ice Sheet Could Melt Rapidly

and this story is almost three years old. They knew nothing of the enormous cavity now found under Thwaites within the WAIS.[Giant hole in Antarctic's Thwaites Glacier: "Disturbing" discovery as a giant hole was found under Antarctica's Thwaites Glacier - CBS News] WAIS movement rate has recently been characterized as "explosive" Potentially 12 feet of sea level rise by 2100 and rise continuing through the following century at one foot per decade.

There's a good chance your children will see major coastal cities abandoned in their lifetime. But you keep on fighting to keep the coal business alive and your good friends in the oil industry pocketing their billions and billions.
Hopefully this climate model is wrong. Otherwise this could be a real tragedy for the whole world.
Anyways I tend to be optimistic about climate change. Maybe our technology could solve the problem in the future (if the coutries of the entire planet are willing to do that...) :)

Have you seen any observed, measured evidence that suggests that there IS a problem? There is not the first piece of observed, measured evidence which supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability...if natural variability is a problem, then adaptation is the only solution whether it be towards warmer or cooler.
No I've never seen any evidence of the climate change. :)
I just suppose scientists know what they're talking about. Or at least I hope that... :eusa_think:

and this story is almost three years old. They knew nothing of the enormous cavity now found under Thwaites within the WAIS.[Giant hole in Antarctic's Thwaites Glacier: "Disturbing" discovery as a giant hole was found under Antarctica's Thwaites Glacier - CBS News] WAIS movement rate has recently been characterized as "explosive" Potentially 12 feet of sea level rise by 2100 and rise continuing through the following century at one foot per decade.

There's a good chance your children will see major coastal cities abandoned in their lifetime. But you keep on fighting to keep the coal business alive and your good friends in the oil industry pocketing their billions and billions.
Hopefully this climate model is wrong. Otherwise this could be a real tragedy for the whole world.
Anyways I tend to be optimistic about climate change. Maybe our technology could solve the problem in the future (if the coutries of the entire planet are willing to do that...) :)

Have you seen any observed, measured evidence that suggests that there IS a problem? There is not the first piece of observed, measured evidence which supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability...if natural variability is a problem, then adaptation is the only solution whether it be towards warmer or cooler.
I just suppose scientists know what they're talking about. Or at least I hope that... :eusa_think:
so you don't care if they're wrong? you can't research and see they are? Are we skiing in the Arctic? How about Chicago right now? Minnesota cities? name a place they've mentioned as changed climate. See, in the world we have four seasons and the climate changes to the tilt of the globe. So yes climate changes, but what they are saying is that climate has changed, that somewhere the climate isn't what it was. Now I just want you to point to that area of the globe they state.

so you don't care if they're wrong? you can't research and see they are? Are we skiing in the Arctic? How about Chicago right now? Minnesota cities? name a place they've mentioned as changed climate. See, in the world we have four seasons and the climate changes to the tilt of the globe. So yes climate changes, but what they are saying is that climate has changed, that somewhere the climate isn't what it was. Now I just want you to point to that area of the globe they state.
I know the entire globe is not like Antarctica but some climatologists say there's climate change but we can't feel it (for now), only their computers can do that. I don't know if this is true or not but I'm not a climatologist. Scientists should know what they say when they talk about climate change.
I only hope they're honest and skilled :)

I know the entire globe is not like Antarctica but some climatologists say there's climate change but we can't feel it (for now), only their computers can do that. I don't know if this is true or not but I'm not a climatologist. Scientists should know what they say when they talk about climate change.
well then you are a sucker. Why does it take money to stop what it is you can't see and depend on a computer for? I will never depend on a computer software designed by man that says more money will solve a problem

Evidence of climate change. These are generated from observations. They are not computer models, they are displays of what has already happened.:

Evidence of climate change:

you don't explain what those pictures tell her.

They show her the Arctic melting away and the Earth getting warmer and warmer. Are you so stupid you couldn't tell that? No one's that stupid. You're just trolling.

They show her the Arctic melting away and the Earth getting warmer and warmer. Are you so stupid you couldn't tell that? No one's that stupid. You're just trolling.
how so? you have no idea why ice is melting in the arctic. you have no evidence that a red and orange picture means the globe is warming. too fking funny. you are truly a kick troll. truly

You do understand that warm water will cause ice to melt? and that IR can melt ice even at -20 degree F.

All I showed her is that ice is melting in the Arctic and the world is getting warmer.

You are SO stupid, it is difficult to have a conversation with you

All I showed her is that ice is melting in the Arctic and the world is getting warmer.

You are SO stupid, it is difficult to have a conversation with you
no you didn't, ice has always melted in the arctic and the warm has been warmer. so you stated no such thing at all.

It would really be in everyone's best interest if you were to leave this website and go back to school.

Forum List

Back