West Antarctic Ice Sheet (WAIS) Could Disintegrate Within Decades

Are you calling me a liar?

The WAIS disintegration became a foregone conclusion when it was discovered that the base of the sheet was separating from bedrock below; that ocean water had begun to float the ice sheet off its base. Most of the WAIS bedrock is below sea level due to the weight of the ice sitting on it. But that disintegration was expected to take many centuries. Now it seen to be taking place at a much more rapid pace.

So, your accusation is bullshit. And the next time you call me a liar, it would be awfully marine-like for you to have some proof.
Of course, all these predictions are going to come true when the people who make them are all long dead. That's how doomsday hoaxers work. They have a nice career while they are alive, and who cares what happens after they are dead, eh, Komrade?

Yes, my math skills are far superior to most PhDs as a matter of fact.

Would you call yourself a stable genius then?

Just for our edification, what is your educational background?

I have a Master's degree in Education with an undergrad in history and sufficient coursework for a degree in mathematics split between two universities. I was an electronics technician in the Navy, and computer science major for most of my time in college. I also served as a propulsion plant engineer in the Navy, so I have all of the training in thermodynamics that would make your head spin off your shoulders. I was also trained in oceanography, radar, missile systems, and nuclear weapons. I am the definition of multidisciplinary .

And of modesty.

I was a submarine sonar tech in the Navy. I got a BSc in ocean engineering when I got out. I've been working at AUTEC for the last 35 years. I'm curious how you went from ET, an enlisted position, to propulsion plant engineer, a very senior officer's position, without going mustang or warrant or getting accepted into the academy, any of which you surely would have mentioned here.

I'm sorry, but based on what you've said, your math skills are not superior to most PhDs and you sound quite the fool making the claim.

There is a very real probability that the WAIS will catastrophically disintegrate leading to a rapid and severe rise in sea level that has the potential to take large numbers of lives worldwide. Your suggestion that they just move is thoughtless and ignorant. Admiral.

And of modesty.

I was a submarine sonar tech in the Navy. I got a BSc in ocean engineering when I got out. I've been working at AUTEC for the last 35 years. I'm curious how you went from ET, an enlisted position, to propulsion plant engineer, a very senior officer's position, without going mustang or warrant or getting accepted into the academy, any of which you surely would have mentioned here.

I'm sorry, but based on what you've said, your math skills are not superior to most PhDs and you sound quite the fool making the claim.

There is a very real probability that the WAIS will catastrophically disintegrate leading to a rapid and severe rise in sea level that has the potential to take large numbers of lives worldwide. Your suggestion that they just move is thoughtless and ignorant. Admiral.

How will rising oceans kill people who still have ability to go to higher ground? Care to explain that Chicken Little?

There are lots of things you don't understand. I was an E-4 when I was selected for ROTC. My ACT score in math put me in the top 1/10 of 1% of math scores and I was actually accepted into MIT out of high school. You may now kiss my ass!

What college were you attending as an E4? ROTC doesn't take people on active duty.

I'm sorry, but someone as intelligent as you are claiming to be would not be tooting their own horn like this. I believe you were an E-4 ET in the service and got some college afterwards. Nothing else. But it doesn't matter. If you want to convince me that you're a better mathematician than the PhDs that conduct these studies and write these papers, show us where they erred.

Rising oceans will kill people most frequently in storm surges. And how easy do you think it is for folks in places like Bangladesh to move lock stock and barrel?

Last edited:
What college were you attending as an E4? ROTC doesn't take people on active duty.

I'm sorry, but someone as intelligent as you are claiming to be would not be tooting their own horn like this. I believe you were an E-4 ET in the service and got some college afterwards. Nothing else. But it doesn't matter. If you want to convince me that you're a better mathematician than the PhDs that conduct these studies and write these papers, show us where they erred.

Rising oceans will kill people most frequently in storm surges. And how easy do you think it is for folks in places like Bangladesh to move lock stock and barrel?

I seem to recall someone else tooting their own horn too. Good for the goose is good for the gander?

I was a computer science major for most of my time in college. I was a few credits short of a degree when I was forced by the Navy to change majors. I was an engineering student, and had the most technical BA in history probably ever produced. I was also the first midshipman to every qualify submarines. That should be something you are familiar with.

Storm surges? Maybe they should move before the storm gets there!

As cruel as it seems, no one will miss a couple million Bangladeshis who are too poor and too dumb to move. It's like people who get hit by trains. If you don't want to get hit by a train stay off the damn tracks! It's not like it is going to veer suddenly in your direction!

You're making far too many mistakes to be believed anymore. Midshipman are students at the Naval Academy. You have not mentioned getting into the Academy. ROTC is a program in American colleges. You do not go from active duty enlisted to ROTC. And I did not toot my horn. I just gave you my history. I didn't claim to be better at math than a Phd, 99.9 percentile, accepted to MIT out of high school. These are all just bullshit lies.

And your opinions on the poor are simply unacceptable. There is no point in talking with someone as dishonest and as morally deficient as you have shown yourself to be. Bye.

You're making far too many mistakes to be believed anymore. Midshipman are students at the Naval Academy. You have not mentioned getting into the Academy. ROTC is a program in American colleges. You do not go from active duty enlisted to ROTC. And I did not toot my horn. I just gave you my history. I didn't claim to be better at math than a Phd, 99.9 percentile, accepted to MIT out of high school. These are all just bullshit lies.

And your opinions on the poor are simply unacceptable. There is no point in talking with someone as dishonest and as morally deficient as you have shown yourself to be. Bye.

Midshipmen are in ROTC too, dumbass!

Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps - Midshipmen Summer Cruise Training

Now, kiss my ass, you undereducated swine!

Not that I owe you any explanation, but I was selected for the NROTC program while I was attending ET "A" school at Great Lakes. I remained on active duty, going TAD to a destroyer tender, and then reported to college in the fall, where I was released from active duty and reenlisted in the USNR. This was after the NESEP program and before ECP.

That is my history. Now you can believe it because every word is true, or you can pleasure yourself by shoving it up your ass!

Of course, you won't man up and apologize for your errors, but that is what dumbasses do!

Apologize? Hardly.

Here, from your beloved Fox News, 15 January 2019

Antarctic ice is melting six times faster than it did in the 1980s and could 'destabilize' glaciers

ANCIENT ANTARCTIC ICE SHEET COLLAPSE COULD CAUSE A GLOBAL FLOOD

Since 2009, Antarctica has lost almost 278 billion tons (252 billion metric tons) of ice per year, according to the new study. In the 1980s, it was losing 44 billion tons (40 billion metric tons) a year.

"During the entire period, the mass loss concentrated in areas closest to warm, salty, subsurface, circumpolar deep water (CDW), that is, consistent with enhanced polar westerlies pushing CDW toward Antarctica to melt its floating ice shelves, destabilize the glaciers, and raise sea level," the study's abstract reads.

Same Fox article

The study said the amount of energy that has been put into the Earth's oceans over the past 150 years is the equivalent of an atomic bomb explosion every second for 150 years.

According to the government space agency, melting ice in Greenland and Antarctica has increased the global sea level more than a millimeter per year, which is a third of the overall increase.

The study on which this Fox article is based may be read in its entirety at the website of the Proceeding of the National Academy of Science: Four decades of Antarctic Ice Sheet mass balance from 1979–2017

ViewUnderWAIS_LabelsB.Ekwurzel_MapsNASA.png

What? Me worry?

What exactly about that picture worries you...it is nothing but a topography map...don't tell me you can't read a map either.

Climate Model Predicts West Antarctic Ice Sheet Could Melt Rapidly

and this story is almost three years old. They knew nothing of the enormous cavity now found under Thwaites within the WAIS.[Giant hole in Antarctic's Thwaites Glacier: "Disturbing" discovery as a giant hole was found under Antarctica's Thwaites Glacier - CBS News] WAIS movement rate has recently been characterized as "explosive" Potentially 12 feet of sea level rise by 2100 and rise continuing through the following century at one foot per decade.

There's a good chance your children will see major coastal cities abandoned in their lifetime. But you keep on fighting to keep the coal business alive and your good friends in the oil industry pocketing their billions and billions.
Hopefully this climate model is wrong. Otherwise this could be a real tragedy for the whole world.
Anyways I tend to be optimistic about climate change. Maybe our technology could solve the problem in the future (if the coutries of the entire planet are willing to do that...) :)

Have you seen any observed, measured evidence that suggests that there IS a problem? There is not the first piece of observed, measured evidence which supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability...if natural variability is a problem, then adaptation is the only solution whether it be towards warmer or cooler.
No I've never seen any evidence of the climate change. :)
I just suppose scientists know what they're talking about. Or at least I hope that... :eusa_think:

I didn't ask you if you had ever seen evidence of climate change...we all have seen that. I asked if you had ever seen a single piece of observed, measured evidence which supports the man made climate change hypothesis over natural variability. There is a difference.

Climate Model Predicts West Antarctic Ice Sheet Could Melt Rapidly

and this story is almost three years old. They knew nothing of the enormous cavity now found under Thwaites within the WAIS.[Giant hole in Antarctic's Thwaites Glacier: "Disturbing" discovery as a giant hole was found under Antarctica's Thwaites Glacier - CBS News] WAIS movement rate has recently been characterized as "explosive" Potentially 12 feet of sea level rise by 2100 and rise continuing through the following century at one foot per decade.

There's a good chance your children will see major coastal cities abandoned in their lifetime. But you keep on fighting to keep the coal business alive and your good friends in the oil industry pocketing their billions and billions.
Hopefully this climate model is wrong. Otherwise this could be a real tragedy for the whole world.
Anyways I tend to be optimistic about climate change. Maybe our technology could solve the problem in the future (if the coutries of the entire planet are willing to do that...) :)

Have you seen any observed, measured evidence that suggests that there IS a problem? There is not the first piece of observed, measured evidence which supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability...if natural variability is a problem, then adaptation is the only solution whether it be towards warmer or cooler.
I just suppose scientists know what they're talking about. Or at least I hope that... :eusa_think:
so you don't care if they're wrong? you can't research and see they are? Are we skiing in the Arctic? How about Chicago right now? Minnesota cities? name a place they've mentioned as changed climate. See, in the world we have four seasons and the climate changes to the tilt of the globe. So yes climate changes, but what they are saying is that climate has changed, that somewhere the climate isn't what it was. Now I just want you to point to that area of the globe they state.
I know the entire globe is not like Antarctica but some climatologists say there's climate change but we can't feel it (for now), only their computers can do that. I don't know if this is true or not but I'm not a climatologist. Scientists should know what they say when they talk about climate change.
I only hope they're honest and skilled :)

The issue isn't whether the climate changes....there is no doubt that the climate changes... The issue is whether man is altering the global climate...The issue is whether we should spend trillions of dollars that could be put to use solving actual problems on a non problem like man made climate change.

I know the entire globe is not like Antarctica but some climatologists say there's climate change but we can't feel it (for now), only their computers can do that. I don't know if this is true or not but I'm not a climatologist. Scientists should know what they say when they talk about climate change.
I only hope they're honest and skilled :)

Evidence of climate change. These are generated from observations. They are not computer models, they are displays of what has already happened.:

And they are nothing more than evidence that the climate changes...we all know that...What they are not, is evidence that mankind is altering the climate..I bet that you believe it is.....this is just another example of how low the bar is for information to fool you.

You once again display your ignorance of basic science and the scientific method.

What a laugh....climate pseudoscience has completely ignored the scientific method for decades now...tell me...following the scientific method, how many predictive failures does a hypothesis get before it is scrapped and work begins on a better hypothesis?

Under the pseudoscientific method, a hypothesis can have as many predictive failures as it gets, so long as the funding continues..

You start your post with a claim that marks you as a fool among fools. There are tens of thousands of climate scientists on the planet; from a hundred different nations with a hundred different political positions. The idea that they are all together in some massive and perfectly executed conspiracy spanning decades now is either complete idiocy or complete insanity. Take your pick.

And your entire post is a logical fallacy...there were tens of thousands of scientists on the planet who believe that cholesterol caused heart disease...that stress caused ulcers, that salt caused high blood pressure, that the earth was expanding, that there were canals on mars, that light transmitted through the universe via aether, that phrenology was real, that the universe was static, that there were strong genetic differences between the races, that Neanderthals didn't exist alongside of humans, that earth might be the only place in the solar system where water exists, that complex organisms have more genes than simple organisms like an amoeba, that the universe is 13.7 billion years old, that black holes can't exist near young stars...and on and on and on...pick a scientific topic and you can bet that at one time, nearly 100% of scientists at some time were wrong on that topic....the fact that scientists "believe" it doesn't make it true.

That is why I keep asking you for a single piece of observed, measured evidence which supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability...and you keep not being able to produce even one piece of such evidence...if there is no actual evidence, what exactly do you suppose convinced all those scientists that you believe exist and are frightened of the changes we are causing to the global climate?

So, you believe we should assume all scientific conclusions are incorrect. That seems like a logical position... for a complete fucking idiot or a TROLL

Midshipmen are in ROTC too, dumbass!

Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps - Midshipmen Summer Cruise Training

Now, kiss my ass, you undereducated swine!

Not that I owe you any explanation, but I was selected for the NROTC program while I was attending ET "A" school at Great Lakes. I remained on active duty, going TAD to a destroyer tender, and then reported to college in the fall, where I was released from active duty and reenlisted in the USNR. This was after the NESEP program and before ECP.

That is my history. Now you can believe it because every word is true, or you can pleasure yourself by shoving it up your ass!

Of course, you won't man up and apologize for your errors, but that is what dumbasses do!

You will have to excuse crick...he is a congenital liar and believes that since he is, everyone else must be as well...

New Topics

Forum List

Back